• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HookShot

Shiny get!
Ooh neat! At first glance I wasn't impressed but they've grown on me pretty dang quickly. I'll hold the final verdict for when we have more than silhouettes, but right now I'm quite pleased. The left one's my silhouette of choice right now, but we'll have to wait and see. The top one's giving me pig vibes and that one on the right looks kinda like a beaver or an otter. Well, regardless, I can't wait to see more than the silhouettes.

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
to me i think left is water because the tail thing looks like a fin to me, although i guess that the left one could be any type. the middle one is probably grass, because since it resembles a pig/rabbit i can't really see it as water, but i also can't picture it as a fire type. the right one is probably fire, although it could possibly be water.

SmartD

From the picture, the left bottom looks like a upright lizard. The Top looks like a Turtwig, but with bunny ears and a curly tail. And the right bottom looks like a Piplup in a different way. That's my guess.

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Though you have to admit the Zoroark assumptions were pretty damn close when the silhouette came out.

I do think it's grass/fire/water in that order given the shape of the tail and stuff. But I'm definitely having the bottom left one whatever it is- it has much more potential than the others.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
like i said in the confirmed info thread, take speculations on what you think the pokemon will/should look like to the speculation thread. the confirmed threads are for discussing what's CONFIRMED, not what youre guessing or hoping.

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
to me i think left is water because the tail thing looks like a fin to me, although i guess that the left one could be any type. the middle one is probably grass, because since it resembles a pig/rabbit i can't really see it as water, but i also can't picture it as a fire type. the right one is probably fire, although it could possibly be water.
sorry double post

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
what if the curl tailed one is some sorta dog with its ears tied up...and maybe fire cause it seems silly to have another bobber on a water type.

Coach

Speculator
Wow I'm exicted!

I think the left one is Water (looks a bit like a mermaid or a dolphin)

The top one (and middle one) is looks like Grass (Pig/Rabbit kinda thing)

The right one is Fire then I guess (beaver/meerkat kinda thing?)

Can't wait for CoroCoro leaks...

I never thought of that, Lefty could be a mermaid.

As of right now, my favorite is Lefty. I honestly don't have a clue about Righty because it's shadow is so basic, looks like a mammal to me though. Middley is a mystery though. It looks kinda like a pig or rabbit at first glance, but I could also see it bein' a bug or some other animal. Its "tail" could very well be an antenna.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
Hm...the bottom one looks like the Water starter to me...it seems to resemble an otter.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
the more i look at the picture i could see the "lefty" being water type as well... honestly long as we have a bird grass type (that doesnt end up being grass/flying) im game, heck even the bottom one could be grass type, we just might not be able to see its grass qualities yet, it being all shadowed and all.

R_N

I really hope the grass starter has a pompadore

Look out Piplup, there's a new smug starter in town.

Thriller

Its almost time
The one on the Bottom Left looks to me like the Water Starter.

The one on the top looks like its got the head of a Rabbit (based on its ears) and the body of a Pig (Curly Tail). Possibly the Grass Starter.

I can't guess what the other one looks like, but its most likely the Fire Starter.

knux-the-killer

Of course you're wrong. These are silhouettes. Make anything a silhouette and it becomes devoid of any complexity. You can not form a real opinion on whether these Pokemon are designed good or bad until we actually see the Pokemon.

Anything else who's thinking of saying something similar: Shut up, now.[/QUOTE]

If you think that so, dude, then this thread shouldn't being allowed to be open. Or expressing opinions is forbidden now? Is just my friggin opinion, by boots. Don't lose your cool in such so insignificant like some comment. And I had the honest comment to state hoping that I'm wrong. I hope that I'm wrong. But judging me just because I don't have a good opinion about the sillhuetes doesn't make you a hero.
Free expression, please. Nobody dies in stating a different thought.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Leftie looks pretty cool! It looks like the grass starter to me. It reminds me of some of those bipedal herbivorous dinosaurs to me.

Mr. Middle looks like a rabbit that isn't a playboy bunny...Most likely the fire starter...Or a guinea pig....

Rightie looks like either a platypus or an otter...

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Oh wow I like these. Except for the top one, I think the sillouhettes hint at them being rather interesting pokemon.

Of course, the final evolution is all that I care about. Chances are they'll still all be ugly when fully evolved. *Sigh* as always with starters.

Anyway, I think the one on the left is a fire pokemon, somewhat like Charmander. It seems to resemble a skink (small lizard)

The tubby one up top is probably grass. From what I can see it might be a piglet or some kind of fat mouse. Those things on it's head could either be leaves or ears.

Finally, the one on the right resembles IMO a beaver, otter or platypuss, so I think it will be the water starter

R_N

People complaining about the silhouettes are kind of silly. 90% of the time it really shows nothing about the actual Pokemon.

Remember Zoroark?

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
zoroark actually kind of turned out to look somewhat similar to how I imagined it though, just with different colours XD

anyway, from these sillouhettes we can already see that all of the starters are fat...cept maybe for that lizard thing. I want sleeker starters. No doubt all their final forms will be pear-shaped too.

Cerex

The one at center clearly looks like a pig type Pokemon, so I think it is obvious that it is going to be the grass type, if they are sticking to the model. Just based on its silhouette it looks like a Grumpig and a Turtwig combined.

The other two are more difficult to pin down. The one on the right looks like a mammal, possibly one based around a a body of water, so many an otter. The other has a frame kind of like a lizard. However, both of those Pokemon already exist: Barbarel and Charmander. But many it's different, and the stubby one is the fire type, and the other looks like a mermaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.