• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

I was way off.

My ideas:

Grass duckling - Evolves into a swan with leaf wings.
Fire cub - Which evolves into a saber tooth tiger with a fiery mane.
Water elephant - nose used in Water Gun

What seems to be true:

Grass... salamander?
Fire...idk...bear?
Water rabbit (Azumarill)

BCVM22

I do not understand why your telling me, as ive been told?

Could have sworn someone pointed this out to you already. Maybe it was someone else. Point remains, though.

And your saying that you think someone could be that careless, well how about what happened to Apple? Some loser had a model of the 4th generation iPhone and they lost it, and the 4th gen iPhone was inside of a 3G case, so dont tell me that people cant be careless, because they can.

And those are absolutely the same situation. Maybe someone left the unshadowed designs at a bar somewhere, hm? Or not.

You're not even making a leap in logic here - you're making an ocean-sized flight. Again, if you really think you can see something that I guarantee you isn't there, and even better, if you really think the method of creating and presenting the silhouettes is one that would even allow for such an error to occur, I really don't know what to tell you. I would hope that if you sat down and thought about this long and hard, you'd see the colossal error in thinking in which you're engaging.

I understand that there is static, but I hope that you may understand I get bragging rights if what I see is true.

"Bragging rights".

Really. Really?

They all look fugly.

Joke's already been made, Mex.

Last edited:

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
The one on the right sticks out to me the most, with its pointy features, it looks to me like a grass type? The only thing detracting that suspicion is its tail, which brings about the characteristics of a fire type.

I don't even know what the heck to say about the middle one, he could be anything, but I can't say I'm all that fond of the curly tail.

As for the left, he could be a water type, if you're going by traditional dex order...but if they give us a gopher I'm not gonna be too happy...I mean, what could that even evolve into? We don't need another Bibarel, GameFreak.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
re: silhouttes

Hmmm, not what I was expecting. To be honest they're slightly different then past starters because it's not instantly obvious what the starters look like, or what type each is. ie) usually the fire type has some sort of flame coming out of it, and the grass type usually has leaves.

In this case it's a bit different. There is no distinctive fire flame or fire mane. And it's hard to tell which one of the silhouettes is the grass type since it appears that the left and middle ones have some sort of leafs on them...? The curly tail on the middle starter made me think of a Spoink (eeeeew).

Can't say I like or hate them at this point, but I'm definitely leaning towards the latter.

1. There is a better quality version of THE EXACT SAME IMAGE floating around, and they are pure black. You are seeing noise and only noise and your mind is projecting on it.

2. Silhouettes are created with overlays and such. There is NO WAY they would accidentally not make them "dark enough" for features to show through.

This happens every single time we get a poor quality screen shot. People think they see something in nothing.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
Again, no. As you've been told, you're seeing nothing but the artifacting and static in and around the silhouettes in the image, which happens when people are taking low-quality screen captures of television footage or, in many cases, just photographing their television screens.

There is nothing to be seen in the silhouettes. If you really think they would be careless enough to accidentally reveal the very images they're generating hype for, I really don't know what to tell you. Perhaps think about it really hard for a while.

Yup!

Web 101. Jpeg compression produces artifacts. There is no argument here.

Last edited:

PokeBro

I do not understand why your telling me, as ive been told? but ok. But I understand that there is static and stuff like that.

And your saying that you think someone could be that careless, well how about what happened to Apple? Some loser had a model of the 4th generation iPhone and they lost it, and the 4th gen iPhone was inside of a 3G case, so dont tell me that people cant be careless, because they can.

I understand that there is static, but I hope that you may understand I get bragging rights if what I see is true.

I'm not trying to be a complete jerk, but you're so blind! In one of your previous posts you said to get up and look at the picture from the top of your monitor... a monitor is flat and thus would show the same picture from any direction. And also this is a silhouette not a black cut out in the shape of the pokemon that they put over them.

Please think before saying these things.

I keep think that the one on the left is actually a humanoid wearing a cape, and their hair is flying in the breeze. I know that's probably not right (too much digimon in my life).

I think the one with the sproingy tail is the grass type, and I'm seeing a flying pig (ya know, when pigs fly), that has leaf antennae wings...

and the last one... I don't know... I keep thinking water beaver...

Last edited:

lethal Xsanity

Well to me It's obvious the one on the right is Grass,Due to a leaf on it's head.
I'm disapointed they followed that trend,because the one on the left seems to have a Fire lit tail..Another trend that I don't see why it was changed to something fresh in the now repetitive pokemon world.
That leaves the middle one to be water, I can't really see what this could be.
The grass has a little pig tail,and kinda a pig snout, I assume this will be a Grass Pig.
The left looks kinda like Cyndaquil(the head)

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Okay, here are my thoughts.

The one on the left looks like some kind of shrimp or salamander or dragon, or something of the sort. I'm guessing think that it's the Fire type, or maybe the Grass.

The one in the middle looks like a mix between a rabbit and a pig. I think it's the Grass type, or possibly the Fire type.

I'm convinced that the one on the right is the Water type. It looks like an otter or beaver or something of the sort.

Also, does anyone else think that the one on the left looks vaguely like Mushu from Mulan?

Bank$

Left to right:

Fire ( unsure though, because of the tail ). The head looks like a cyndaquil lol.
Grass
Water

Pokemon Trainer Brandon

Trainer of all types
I like the new silhouttes. The one on the left looks like a fire type, the middle one looks like a grass type and the one on the right looks like a water type.

I was actually thinking the same thing Glade. The one on the left does look like Mushu.

manor777

Shiny Hunter Vet.
if you look very carefully you can see the details through the sillouette.
The one on the left DOES have a beak or pointy nose. The middle one is in fact a pig, i can see his eyes and his 2 nose holes on his snout. The one on the right looks kinda like a raccoon, or at least an animal with a pointy nose.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
PEOPLE. IT HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID WHAT THE ORDER IS! As like when every Pokemon starter is revealed, it is Grass, Fire and then Water.

Rampaging Rodent

The other white meat
I believe this about the starters:

Left: Water Type, because of it's scaly, reptilian looking body. It also has a water drop shaped head.(Lizard)

Middle/Top: Grass Type, because it looks like a rabbit, rabbits live in grassy prairies. Its "ears" look like leaves, which also look like turtwig's leaves. Plus, rabbits have puffy tails (stereotypically,) and it has a puff on a curly tail. That puff could easily be a dandelion. (Rabbit)

Right: Fire Type, because that's all that's left. I honestly can't pinpoint a type on that one.
By the way, I have a bet with someone about the left and right starters. I say the left is water and the right is fire, she says the opposite. Whomever loses has to give breakfast in bed to the person that won, on the first Saturday after the official revelation.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
It's been confirmed that those are Chikorita, Pikachu, and Piplup.

Really? I at first thought it was Turtwig Pikachu and Piplup, but that wouldn't have made sense. Seems odd to put those on. Anyway....

I'm feeling the Pig one. I don't know why, but it seems like that's going to be the Pokemon I'm going to pick when B&W finally come out. Of course, I'll can't confirm it until CoroCoro, but that seems like the coolest one so far. The furthest right one though doesn't look all that cool though.

BlastoiseWaterLegend

I LOVE WATER TYPES!!
I think the bottom right one is very clearly the Water starter. The one on the top I believe is the grass just because those two thing son the top of it's head look more like leaves than the thing on the left one's tail, which I believe is a flame.

I think you have it right.

sparkedglory

The left is a grass type. It's pretty obvious because of the shape of the tail. It's the top three points of a maple leaf.

the right is water...i mean just look at it.

and by process of elimination that makes the middle one fire.

and besides the starters are always revealed "grass, fire, water" so it's pretty obvious. Now i guess the only thing left to do is wait one more week so we can see these babies in their full glory!

Status
Not open for further replies.