• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
I cannot tell which one the Grass-type is. It's possible that it's the bottom-left Starter, but the top one could also be it.

The top one looks almost like a pig or something--those things on it's head could be leaves, but since they've already done this with Turtwig last gen, I think they could just be ears. In which case, maybe it's a rabbit (though I hope it's a pig).

The bottom-left one looks incredibly ugly, and I hope it's just the sprite that makes it look so dumb. Maybe that one is the Fire-type, although I think the end of it's tail looks more like leaves than a fire. But then, maybe that's the Water-type and that's actually the fin for swimming. It's tail is very Milotic-esque.

The bottom-right one reminds me of Piplup, so I automatically want to go with Water-type. However, it's shape is too generic, so you cannot make out what it could be.

Either way, these silhouettes are looking awesome. I'll probably be getting the quadrupedal Starter (pig or rabbit, whatever it is) or the Grass-starter. Here's to seeing them with the next CoroCoro...

Last edited:

sparkedglory

I look at the center and take in everything. If I had to order something I would order them from top to bottom. That's what you do when you're listing things off in images. When you take a picture of say a class and list the students in it do you start at the bottom row? No you don't.

We're getting nowhere fast. We're obviously not gonna agree on this until they're fully revealed. So the best thing to do is to wait for corocoro.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
After Turtwig, Ive been thinking the piggy one is the grass one.....man, Im actually really disappointed, I mean, when I first saw the silhouettes of Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig, I didnt like them either, but Torterra and Monferno have made them my fave starters, and even Piplup was superb character design, making a penguin look good in minimalistic fashion.

Hopefully the same will happen here. It really looks though as if the writers have lost their imagination :(

nikohesus

Banned
What order were the DPPt starters revealed in?
Perhaps that could offer clues to the typing of the new starters...

Grei

not the color
What order were the DPPt starters revealed in?
Perhaps that could offer clues to the typing of the new starters...

Do you mean, what order were the 4th Gen starters silhouettes in?

That hardly matters.

After Turtwig, Ive been thinking the piggy one is the grass one.....man, Im actually really disappointed, I mean, when I first saw the silhouettes of Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig, I didnt like them either, but Torterra and Monferno have made them my fave starters, and even Piplup was superb character design, making a penguin look good in minimalistic fashion.

Hopefully the same will happen here. It really looks though as if the writers have lost their imagination :(

I don't think they've lost imagination. I'm liking these silhouettes. If these Pokemon turn out bland, then maybe they will have lost imagination. But I think these are gonna be great.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Okay, I'm gonna put in my two cents on what I think the shadows are.

Left: Grass Starter, Anteater
Middle: Fire Starter, Pig
Right: Water Starter, Polar Bear

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
Polar Bear? Seriously? With that kind of tail? To me it just looks like some kind of beaver. It reminds me of Bibarel, actually.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Pika Mouse? Seriously? With that kind of tail?

Since when does Nintendo abide by the laws of nature and/or logic when it comes to making creatures?

SilverFox

So sly
Just why does the middle one look like a pig to everybody? If those are in fact ears, have you ever seen a pig with ears like that? It's more likely to be a rabbit or a donkey, and I'm going to go with donkey. It looks nothing like a pig.

D!3g0

Polar Bear? Seriously? With that kind of tail? To me it just looks like some kind of beaver. It reminds me of Bibarel, actually.

Ugh, if that´s the Water starter, I hope it does not look like Bibarel.....I always choose the Water starter, well...most of the time :p

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Just why does the middle one look like a pig to everybody? If those are in fact ears, have you ever seen a pig with ears like that? It's more likely to be a rabbit or a donkey, and I'm going to go with donkey. It looks nothing like a pig.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I think it is a pig because of the curly tail, stubby legs, and snout-ish nose. The ears are odd, though.

Edit: Pigs have a relatively large head, with a long, cone-shaped snout, small eyes, long ears, a short neck, short legs, and a stout body. The skin of pigs is thick and tough, and it may be sparsely or thickly haired, depending on species. The largest pigs can weigh more than 660 lb (300 kg).

That's the description of the domestic pig, courtesy of science.jrank.org

Last edited:

jake279

Ice Master
When I first saw Zoroark I was really impressed. I thought the 5th gen could possibly be the best if they were all designed to this standard. Now I'm not so sure. Tbh the one on the left looks really poorly designed and childlike. The middle one looks quite interesting but the one on the right looks like a poor buizel/bibarel hybrid which is totally unoriginal. Of course this is just what I'm imagining in my mind. They could turn out completely different to how I'm seeing them. But as they are now .. I'm kinda underwhelmed :\

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
It looks like a pig because of the tail. And do you honestly think that "thing" looks like a polar bear? No offence, a polar bear as water starter would me awesome, but I just don't think it makes much sense.

SilverFox

So sly
I can't speak for everyone else, but I think it is a pig because of the curly tail, stubby legs, and snout-ish nose. The ears are odd, though.

Edit: Pigs have a relatively large head, with a long, cone-shaped snout, small eyes, long ears, a short neck, short legs, and a stout body. The skin of pigs is thick and tough, and it may be sparsely or thickly haired, depending on species. The largest pigs can weigh more than 660 lb (300 kg).

That's the description of the domestic pig, courtesy of science.jrank.org

They don't stick straight up though. You say pig, I say donkey. Let's call the thing off.

centipede2000

I keep hoping that the middle one won't be a pig, but some sort bug that kinda looks like spinarak...with it's face being "the pig's behind" and it facing left, just like the other two. The swirly thing could be it's antenae... But it's most likely going to be some boring turtwig clone -_-

lethal Xsanity

The reason for everything thinking about it being a Pig, is because of the curly tail,and because of the tail we can assume the face may have a snout.
Now this pokemon also seems to have a leaf on it's head(such as Chickorita and Turtwig,fellow grass starters)I say leaf because the other Pokemon with the long head(Who looks like cyndaquil) seems to have Fire on it's tail(Following the trend of past Fire straters), It also looks more like a fire than a leaf and vice versa.
That leaves the last one,being water type and with the shape of tail,we associate it being a Beaver,(seeming there already is a Beaver,a rather Terrible Pokemon Bidoof I'm looking straight at you I'm more leaning toward Otter/Beaver.

On a different note, The fake pokemon that we're just released seem to be made not on what we'd like to see,but the opposite to confuse the majority.
They Made the pokemon with a leaf on it's head a Water type,The One with the Long head a Grass type( With a leaf on it's tail rather than Fire which Even though Unlikely,,It is possible) But that only leaves the Last one,The small Beaver/Otter a Fire type.
Which if this we're to happen,many of us would be upset because so be it,Pokemon does not make sense,but this would not help the cause at all.

Missingno.Fan

Here's what I thought:
Left: Some sort of peacock thing with leaves for a tail
Middle: A pig...that breaths fire
Water: It looks like a beaver, but I wish that it is a platypus, you just can't see the beak because it is looking towards you.

Phantom champion Z

Did anyone else see this? http://i41.*******.com/2lnwvwy.jpg

i actualy like theese alot. its a shame that they are fake. fire one reminds me of a fire type lemur fakemon i saw a while back on DA that i loved. Grass onE looks interesting to as i love reptile based pokemon. water is .....eh not bad I can see its fans mispelling its name and saying they like it lol theese arent bad good job to who ever created thees it harder to create something while keeping it a certain shape.

centipede2000

Last edited:

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)

No middle grass type? I'm disappointed. Still it is nice to see others opinions on what the starters are going to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.