• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Dragon_Master~

The Next Legend
Abomasnow is a Snow Man. There is a difference between Snow Man and Yeti.

LOL, Ambomasnow is definately a yeti. It's name comes from Abominable Snowman, another name for a yeti.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Where woulf fighting fit in?

[Super_Fjord]

Is a college kid.
Am I the only one who thinks they look pretty good? I mean come on there not horrible you guys have been waiting to see them and then you just say their not good and other things like that. These are only there 1st formes there evolved formes will probably be better.

I happen to think they're wonderful. With the exception of a lizard grass-starter (and even in that case), they're incredibly unique in design. I look very much forward to seeing more about them.

And here's hoping that we get a Grass/Fighting lizard... that would be pretty awesome.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Something is off about the page with the starters on it... It says paatna wa 3 taipu. Your partner has 3 types? I see an inconsistancy! THERE IS HOPE!!!

"Your partner has 3 types", just means that there are 3 types of partners to choose from. A grass type, a fire type & a water type.

I got a rough translation for the new starters, names in Japanese (as expected)

"Tsutaaja a Grass/Fighting pokemon of ivy, Pokabu a Fire/Dark pig pokemon and Mijumaru a Water/Psychic pokemon that can roll into a ball"

Thats amazing (if its true(I want it to be true)). We have seen all this typing before but still I like it. And the Pig doesn't show dark type trait(maybe because it is smiling) but it has black color on its back.

KurowaSan

Croissant Kamen \o/
Something is off about the page with the starters on it... It says paatna wa 3 taipu. Your partner has 3 types? I see an inconsistancy! THERE IS HOPE!!!

I hope you are just being sarcastic. o_O
It's clearly stating there are 3 types of partners: grass, fire and water...

LimeStar

I think it's referring to the three different species of pokemon.

manor777

Shiny Hunter Vet.
hmmm, so does the revelation of the starters confirm if we will have "action commands" that boost move strength??? or was that a rumor?

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
Oh my gosh they are so cute I love them! When I first saw them I couldn't help going "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!" The grass starter is reptile like my friend will be over the moon to hear that. The fire starter is mega cute and it strengthened my resolve to start with the fire starter this go round. The water starter looks like a cross between an otter and a polar bear very cute the only thing wrong with it is the nose really but yeah other than that I love them all.

Last edited:

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Ahhhg, They're hideous D:

in my opinion of course. Why does the bear have freckles!?

Because that's a sea otter, not a bear. Otters are known for having large whiskers and cracking seashells on their tummies while swimming upside down. I find it's design to be adorable and clever for paying homage to this trait in otters.

LimeStar

I'm pretty sure that people who don't like the starters just have Isshu's.
I'm sorry, that was terrible.

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
I love these starters! And this is coming from someone who usually hates starters. The only one I don't like is the fire starter because well...I don't like pigs. But the other two are adorable.

The lizard looks so delightfully snooty and I happen to be fond of otters too.

Jupiterman

"Your partner has 3 types", just means that there are 3 types of partners to choose from. A grass type, a fire type & a water type.

Well I mean this is corocoro would they put something THAT obvious in there? I dunno I just think if they were gonna say your partner has three types they would have said Anata no paatna wa taipu ga san men or paatna de taipu ga 3 if they were saying it in a casual way.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
I'm pretty sure that people who don't like the starters just have Isshu's.
I'm sorry, that was terrible.

Ha, I loved it!

And I love that grass starter!

And I love the fire pig and the water otter.

And I love the fact that GameFreak have decided to do that alternate triad thing.

And...I need to go lie down.

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
Design wise, Its safe to say, for me at least, that these are going to be my favorites...

I HATED all the starters in 3rd and 4th gen, and 1st gen except charmander..

The pig is cute

The lizard is soo cute.

The otter is even cuterrr

Charmageddon

Grass - I like it. Would've preferred a bird, but what we got looks pretty damn cool. He has a slightly smug look about him, which I like.

Fire - Love it! So much better than I imagined, it's just so cute. I want to pick it up like a baby and blow raspberries on its stomach.

Water - Hmm. I can't work out whether I think it's cute or hate it. It looks more like a baby Pokemon than a starter, it reminds me of a knitted doll.

And the playable characters are brilliant. Annoyed that we don't get customisable characters, but at least we have a male character that doesn't look like a 'tard (I always play as a girl in RSE/DPPt because I don't like Brendan or Lucas).

Status
Not open for further replies.