• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Judging from the way it could possibly look, I'm guessing the fire piggy's final evolution second type could be on of these: Ground, Rock, Dark, Psychic, Or Steel.

El Hombre

Grizzled Veteren
I just wanted to point out that the grass starter looks a lot like quetzalcoatl, an aztec god that was a snake, was green, and had wings.
Quetzalcoatl_web900.jpg

I am definitely picking the grass or water, not the fire.

Last edited:

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
I just wanted to point out that the grass starter looks a lot like quetzalcoatl, an aztec god that was a snake, was green, and had wings.
I am definitely picking the grass or water, not the fire.

If it turns out to evolve into something like that, I'm starting with the grass starter.

Jigglypuff5000

Call me a whiner, but I honestly prefer some deviantART designs over the least common denominator designs that Pokemon puts out.

That ain't whining - because everyone [who isn't a fanboy] can pick a bunch of pokemon from any gen [yes, even #1] and say that there's a fan art piece on DA [or wherever] that captures the idea better.

And on that note, I LOVE the Water and Grass starters, but am so so on the Fire design [looks plain design wise to me]. I preferred this Fire concept personally:

http://yfrog.com/3zpokemongenfivefakestartj

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I was right about the pig, that's a first. I'm gonna pick the Grass starter this time around. This will be the first time that I pick the grass starter on my first playthrough of a game (1,2,3 were fire, 4 was water).

Skirgedot

The grass starter looks horrendous, but hopefuly it'll evolve into something cool like Sceptile and not be this waste of...space.

The pig starter is alright, nothing particularly peculiar about it, just a random pig that breathes fire, but I don't know. I can already picture its last evolution: something fat with a boatload of HP ready to stall everything on its passage...except Fire types will always be a big fail when it comes to walling.

So I'll probably choose the water one. It's ugly (but hey, they all are), but it seems like its last evolution might be something worthy.

Anyone can predict the 3rd-stage types? I want secondary types. I know its hard, I could never figure that a cute little penguin would end up evolving into a ugly steel and pain in the butt fat one...but somehow, I can see the otter becoming a Ground type and the pig becoming a Psychic type (that would be cool).

Bank$

A pig? bleh. And that otter thing looks ridiculous too. The grass type is the only one that looks decent.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
Firepig is awesome. Hope its evo's gonna be another fire/dark.

They might go back to having the final starter evos on the packages since the pig is black and the otter is white. That'd be cool.

Jayd Sky

Quetzalcoatl_web900.jpg
This is a great idea! Very possible too, as the yellow parts of Tsutaja remind me of flight; imagine them lengthening with each evo. Even more so is its tail: A flying snake would logically need a tail like that to navigate in the air (watched How To Train Your Dragon?).

I can easily see it becoming a beautiful quetzacoatl inspired Pokemon!

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
Finally! =D.

Grass: Snake? Guess the grass starter/dinosaur link is finally gone then, oh well, fun while it lasted. But the presence of arms is puzzleing on a snake. If it does turn out to be Quetzalqoatl based that would be very awsome (but it would then be grass/flying, which is a terrible typing).

Fire: Now this is tricky, this is the first time that I have been drawn to the fire starter for my first run through a game. It looks really cute, but as a fire type starter I am guessing its going to become very mean and nasty somewhere along the line.

Specifically, if it turns into this
entelodont_1.jpg
for its final form I would definatly pick it.

Water: The water though dosent do anything for me though, it looks kinda depressed too. And its rather dumpy for an otter, infact both these things seem to go against everything that otters are. It will probably look more impressive later on, but compared to the other two its highly unlikely that I will pick it.

Last edited:

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
I have no idea what to choose! I'm tempted to go with the water one simply because the general perception of the water starter is that he is poorly drawn/ thought out. I went with fire last generation, and the grass seems too popular for me, I like going down the road less taken. But, I do have to say that I don't think he's THAT similar to Treecko, most of Treecko's height was accumulated by his limbs, but Tsutaja's body makes up most of his height, with his limbs being pretty stubby. I am a little disappointed by the fact that he get another reptile, but, what's done is done.

Pokabu is awesome. I just hope his evolutions tend to be statistically offensive, as fire-types tend to be pretty bad defensively.

Lukah

Hey, you don't know me, but I'm here to state my opinion.

I think all the starters are getting this much rage because Game Freak took a risk here. All pokémon before this got this bland smiles on their faces, so not to show much personality.
But this three have their personalities very defined.

There is the regal, cool, sarcastic, kinda snobish Grass Snake.
There is the ghetto happy-go-lucky, likes to roll in the mud Fire Pig.
There is the awkward, introspective, shy Water Otter Snowman.

And because they all have different personalities, and we all have different personalities, we are bound to like some more than others. Most don't like the water starter because it looks weak, and most of you guys don't like looking weak yourselves.
And on top of that, it's the most different of the three, people have to warm up to it's shape to like it, it was a surprise to all, we have to get used to it.

Some like the cuteness and the happiness of the Pig. And some like the Grass type because he looks bad ***.
So Game Freak took a risk there, but I think It'll pay.

Oh, and I'm sure de water one will grow out of it's shell (LOL! got it? ) with it's evolutions. It will be one the favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.