• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
No, it's not. There might be a GTS.

They'd probably come up with some way to prevent it from being traded via GTS. Like having it automatically come with a Classic ribbon or something. Totally random example but it gets the point across.

Can't say that I'm liking the new starters much. Not only do all of them recycle aspects of other Pokemon, they do it in a manner that makes them look "cheap" or knock-offish. I can't see myself warming up to any of the designs...

I agree on your point about the starters drawing from previous designs, but you don't even like the grass starter? That thing is pretty badass.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
who else thinks that mijumara loses its appeal once you look at its white head and white arms. To me if you start at its feet then work up its okay, until the white coloring

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
Ok i undersatnd the grass starter that one looks cool but im just not feeling it with the other two.
The Water starter looks like it has a snowball for a head.
oh-well, ill just wait and see what the evolutions look like,thats what really counts

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
although, I agree with you char_char about them looking like cheap, knock offs, I say this: the water one looks the cute enough for me to like. I sooo want it... my roster of cute PKMN that I love now has Munchlax and Mijumara.

Last edited:

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming
Ok i undersatnd the grass starter that one looks cool but im just not feeling it with the other two.
oh-well, ill just wait and see what the evolutions look like,thats what really counts

andrew517

DigitalDerpGaming

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
who else thinks that mijumara loses its appeal once you look at its white head and white arms. To me if you start at its feet then work up its okay, until the white coloring

For me, it was the fact that it's just a God-awful Piplup clone. As if we haven't had enough Piplup already.

Coach

Speculator
Tsutaja - A complete beast. I like him better than either of the other two. I think he might be Grass/Poison.

Pokabu - He's pretty sweet too. I like the concept of a Fire Pig, makes me think of eating pork. I think he might be Fire/Ground.

Otter looking...thing - Completely retarded. I actually feel sorry for it. It makes me wonder what the people working at GF were tripping on when they made this thing. It looks like an inbred, radioactive Piplup clone. Or a Piplup that somebody attacked with hair trimmers & acid. They just need to start over with this one. They can keep everything below the arms though, that part's fine with me. It'll probably be Water/Ice. Just...eww.

SeamYo

whats with all the "I hereby claim *insert pokemon here*" nonsense?

I just hope there are other ways to get zorura, and early game aswell

I really really like the starters. I hated all the sinnoh starters upon first reveal, but they gre on me, where as I like the grass (he looks so freaking cool) and water gen5 starters right away. The fire one is a bit meh for my liking

Elite_Rattata

F.E.A.R MEH
C'mon guys, give that fudging ugly disgrace Otter a break. HE NEEDS SOME LOVEZ

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I hope the shiny legendary beasts arent the only way to get zoroark :(

Probably not. Most likely the Zoruark you obtain has some 'special moves', similar to the Aura Sphere Riolu.

SeamYo

@Kindrindra
Yea that makes sense, maybe he will have the new move "Claw sharpen" (love the sound of that move by the way haha)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
C'mon guys, give that fudging ugly disgrace Otter a break. HE NEEDS SOME LOVEZ

But the last thing we need is this horrible thing. It's basically 3-4 more years of Piplup.

@Kindrindra
Yea that makes sense, maybe he will have the new move "Claw sharpen" (love the sound of that move by the way haha)

IMO, that's kind of lame to be a trademark for the event Zoroark. Although I do love how they're using accuracy a bit more. Maybe this gen they'll make accuracy and evasion actual stats.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Can't say that I'm liking the new starters much. Not only do all of them recycle aspects of other Pokemon, they do it in a manner that makes them look "cheap" or knock-offish. I can't see myself warming up to any of the designs...

For me, it was the fact that it's just a God-awful Piplup clone. As if we haven't had enough Piplup already.

Otter looking...thing - Completely retarded. I actually feel sorry for it. It makes me wonder what the people working at GF were tripping on when they made this thing. It looks like an inbred, radioactive Piplup clone. Or a Piplup that somebody attacked with hair trimmers & acid. They just need to start over with this one. They can keep everything below the arms though, that part's fine with me. It'll probably be Water/Ice. Just...eww.

I love this fandom.

SeamYo

We only have the starters in game for a few levels anyway, by the second gym (if not the first) most people have evolved their starters. The thing that will sway most people on which they pick will be how each of the final evo's look (Just guessing but I think 3rd stage Mijumaru will look badass ;) haha)
The starters are cute, they are supposed to be cute, so the kids who watch the anime will buy the toys because the 3 starters will be stuck in their first from for months.

While I think the grass is easily the coolest and best designed one, im picking Mijumaru!
he is deeply horrible and beatifically brilliant. The tragic clown look is magnificent and I still envision a kickass polarbear/otter final evo

Mijumaru FTW

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I'm pretty sure it's the first move that RAISES accuracy. I can't wait! I hope it's coupled with a low-accuracy high-power physical move to utilize it's potential.

Also, what's with all the Mijumaru hate? Piplup is a penguin. Mijumaru is a otter. An otter with a clam shell (genius, that). I'm pretty sure it has an orangish nose to go for an snowman look, which, combined with the snowball-like head, makes me think it's destined for Water/Ice. And before anyone complains about Water/Ice being overused; We only have FOUR Water/Ice lines. Six, if you count them as separate pokemon, rather than as lines. Six pokemon out of 493. Not really a problem.

DSDark

Breeder
But the last thing we need is this horrible thing. It's basically 3-4 more years of Piplup.

Well remember gamefreak's new poster child is piplup so why not keep the trend up again with the fugly otter

Status
Not open for further replies.