• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
What I think the starters will have for their starting moves;

Tsutaja: Constrict, Leer
Pokabu: Tackle, Stockpile
Mijumaru: Pound, Defense Curl

Now, as for their actual movepools, not taking possible new attacks into account:

Tsutaja: Constrict, Leer, Vine Whip, Poison Sting, Razor Leaf, Glare, Wrap, Sludge, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up, Wring Out, Gunk Shot, Leaf Blade.
Pokabu: Tackle, Stockpile, Ember, Bite, Swallow, Flame Wheel, Faint Attack, Spit Up, Fire Spin, Slack Off, Belly Drum, Crunch, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz.
Mijumaru: Pound, Defense Curl, Bubble, Water Gun, Powder Snow, Headbutt, BubbleBeam, Rollout, Water Pulse, Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, Blizzard.

Also, am I the only one who instantly decided on sight that they would pick Pokabu as their starter?

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
i think mijumaru may end up learning clamp on account of the shell on its stomach

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Second, just because some things are similar between some Pokemon, that deosn't mean thery're running out of ideas! The design just appealed to them more..

Maybe not. But making one pokemon an almost exact clone of an older one means either they really are running out of ideas or that the Japanese have an unhealthy obsession with Piplup.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
Mijumaru is my fave by a long shot. I hope it's final stage is something sleek, and that it stay's true to it's... otterness. I have a feeling that orange nose could turn into a star fish? :)

BCVM22

But making one pokemon an almost exact clone of an older one means either they really are running out of ideas or that the Japanese have an unhealthy obsession with Piplup.

Piplup and Mijumaru share nothing save for a color scheme, a type and a vague body shape. You're seeing only what you want to see in the name of making a poorly-conceived and tissue-thin point.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
What I think the starters will have for their starting moves;

Tsutaja: Constrict, Leer
Pokabu: Tackle, Stockpile
Mijumaru: Pound, Defense Curl

Now, as for their actual movepools, not taking possible new attacks into account:

Tsutaja: Constrict, Leer, Vine Whip, Poison Sting, Razor Leaf, Glare, Wrap, Sludge, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up, Wring Out, Gunk Shot, Leaf Blade.
Pokabu: Tackle, Stockpile, Ember, Bite, Swallow, Flame Wheel, Faint Attack, Spit Up, Fire Spin, Slack Off, Belly Drum, Crunch, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz.
Mijumaru: Pound, Defense Curl, Bubble, Water Gun, Powder Snow, Headbutt, BubbleBeam, Rollout, Water Pulse, Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, Blizzard.

Also, am I the only one who instantly decided on sight that they would pick Pokabu as their starter?
Oh please no stockpile, I hate that move XP

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
Though I doubt that gamefreak or whatever will do this to their flagship pokemon, I am starting to worry that zoroark will be an event only pokemon. I don't want to go see the stupid movie to get mine.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Piplup and Mijumaru share nothing save for a color scheme, a type and a vague body shape. You're seeing only what you want to see in the name of making a poorly-conceived and tissue-thin point.

Really? Let's analyze the similarities if you think Mijumaru is so orginal.

- Both have a large white head.
- Both have an orange nose (or beak in Piplup's case)
- They have the same eyes
- Small light blue body
- Stubby limbs
- Short blue tail

There are probably some others, but notice the amount of detailed similarities between the two, it's not just a general template. This isn't just my interpretation of what they look like, this is fact.

BCVM22

- Small light blue body
- Stubby limbs
- Short blue tail

Funny how most of those fit under "vague body shape". Heck, save the nose and tail, you just did a decent job of describing Squirtle as well. Come to think of it, Totodile and Mudkip have small, blue bodies, small limbs and short tails as well.

Guess you better get on labeling the entire bestiary as "unoriginal" and "a sign that they're clearly running out of ideas."

This isn't just my interpretation of what they look like, this is fact.

How it looks is certainly fact, yes. Your continued misplaced determination to decry each and every new element on the sole basis that they don't fit your personal requirements of "originality" is anything but.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
yeah i dont want that to be the only way either cuz i dont get any of the wifi events

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Funny how most of those fit under "vague body shape".

Not really. All of those together account for a very specific design, one which both Piplup and Mijumaru share.

How it looks is certainly fact, yes. Your continued misplaced determination to decry each and every new element on the sole basis that they don't fit your personal requirements of "originality" is anything but.

So in your book specific characteristics aren't fact? You must have a warped definition of fact then.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Not really. All of those together account for a very specific design, one which both Piplup and Mijumaru share.

So in your book specific characteristics aren't fact? You must have a warped definition of fact then.

Sibone

of course they are going to run out of ideas, they base most pokemon on animals and they turn everyday things in our world into pokemon. There are only so many animals they can use, we already have a pig family and 2 snake families in pokemon. If what i say isnt true, why did they start to introduce pokemon such as beldum family, bronzor family who appear to be random shapes. They also have multipuls of the same animal used. They make new evolutions (they made a fair few in gen 4) mainly because they were running out of fresh ideas for pokemon.

to me they are trying too hard to make pokemon that look really "cool" like they have done in the last 2 generations. They will grow on me but at the moment they just dont appeal to me as POKEMON. The original simple pokemon were the most appealing to me but maybe its just that im an old school pokemon fan. Obviously it gets harder to make simple designs for pokemon as some do start to look simular.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Maybe not. But making one pokemon an almost exact clone of an older one means either they really are running out of ideas or that the Japanese have an unhealthy obsession with Piplup.

see but the thing is, in the real world there are many animals that are similar that arent the same species. honestly all the comparisons are silly, the grassnake, and the wotter, they remind people of treecko and piplup, but the also are different. very different. ive shared with many friends who all dont see the resemblance unless i ask them to look for it.

Xanron

I'm on my way
seriously guys can this arguing stop?

but like I said before the grass snake kinda looks like a Flygon Pre-evo, anyone else agree?

Sabonea_Masukippa

Really? Let's analyze the similarities if you think Mijumaru is so orginal.

- Small light blue body
- Stubby limbs
- Short blue tail

There are probably some others, but notice the amount of detailed similarities between the two, it's not just a general template. This isn't just my interpretation of what they look like, this is fact.

Piplup doesn't have a white head though - it has white patches ON its head, but that's not the same as having a white head.
Piplup's beak is more yellow than orange (beside, the colouring of the 5th gen starters may be slightly off until we get full quality official images)
Piplup's eyes are blue with black pupils while Mijumaru's are solid black with white highlights.
Yeah, their bodies are similar colours (they're the water starters, they've always been some sort of blue)...but of course the bodies are small they're basic, starter pokemon ... they're not going to be Onix's size. (Just checked - Piplup is 10 centimetre's shorter than Mijumaru)
Stubby limbs and even the same basic arm/leg shape) are shared by many basic pokemon - jigglypuff, comes to mind.
Piplup's "tail" is a cape, no? Not a tail? As in it's connected to it's neck not it's bum region? Right? I'm not crazy.
What you said wasn't fact by any sense, it wasn't even close. I'm not saying that Mijumaru has been influenced by the general design of piplup in the same way Naetle kinda looks like Bulbasaur/Chikorita or majikarp and feebas, i'm saying if you're going to make a comparison at least compare two images and don't use your memory.

Last edited:

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム

You really make me sick, you know that? If you think these starters stink, then I'd like to see you do better! Stop trashing what someone else did just because you're upset that its not what you want! I love that cute little otter and as soon as the stupid forums start working faster I'm updating my sig with a pic of it! Ugh...

manor777

Shiny Hunter Vet.
ok, so with the Zoarark thing.....if its event only, i hope someone will trade me a Zorua so i can have one. I hate event pokemon and am never able to get them. I hope he isnt like manaphy where his off spring dont evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.