• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnorlaxRules

I Love all the starters, i just hope that the otter eveolves into something that looks less odd, the grass snakes evolves into something suitably impressive and reminiscent of its reptilian aspects, and its a shame that pokabu will probably evolve into something that isn't as lovably squeexable, but there you go, all shall be revealed in the end :D

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I have a feeling that Tustaja may end up being a grass/flying type, just looking at the overall design of the pokemon screams it a little, The scarf could end up being something to aid it in flight somehow. I know there's a species of snake that can glide through the air by expanding/flattening it's body/ribs, maybe it could be something like that.

Last edited:

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I'm not quite sure which starter that I want to get in Black and White. There will probably a third game in which I can get the third starter, and the third game is usually my main one. I think I'll get Tsutaja in the third game, and Mijumaru and Pokabu in Black and White. Although I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait until the third game to get Tsutaja...I may just have to start with it in two games.

sparkedglory

Well I personally prefer Tsutaja, but to some of you guys wanting Grass/Flying...well I'm not putting down you idea, but that's a horrible type combination. You're making it even more weak to ice, it loses it's electric resistance, not to mention that grass is already weak to Poison, Flying, and Fire. Well at least it'd lose it's Bug weakness.

Personally I'd prefer Tsutaja to be Grass/Electric, even though that's highly unlikely to happen. It would be Amazing! Especially if it's speed was high (Aiming for you Sceptile) even though it'd still have all of grass' normal weaknesses, The Only thing it would lose would be its resistance to Ground. And even then it wouldn't be a weakness, And dealing with flying types would be that much easier.

Now that that's over. I'm extremely excited for this generation. All the starters look cool, plus Zoura and Zoroark are some of the coolest pokemon I've seen to date.

Isshu! I'm coming for you! :D

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I have a feeling that Tustaja may end up being a grass/flying type, just looking at the overall design of the pokemon screams it a little, The scarf could end up being something to aid it in flight somehow. I know there's a species of snake that can glide through the air by expanding/flattening it's body/ribs, maybe it could be something like that.

Hmmm...Grass/Flying...a double weakness to Ice.Meh,acceptable.It could also learn some Dragon type moves like Charizard,Feraligatr & Sceptile.
All the final stages of the starters should have a double weakness:
Grass/Flying[Ice]
Fire/Electric[Ground]
Water/Rock[Grass]

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
and its a shame that pokabu will probably evolve into something that isn't as lovably squeexable, but there you go, all shall be revealed in the end :D

Probably it'll become some kind of angry, brave warthog or something. xD

Last edited:

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I like all the new starters, my least favorite is Uh... the water one. (I havent botherd to rember the names)

But I think theyre all good. Way better than sinnoh :3

I agree, the yelowthings on the grass starter could turn into something that resembles wings.

Last edited:
Hmmm...Grass/Flying...a double weakness to Ice.Meh,acceptable.It could also learn some Dragon type moves like Charizard,Feraligatr & Sceptile.
All the final stages of the starters should have a double weakness:
Grass/Flying[Ice]
Fire/Electric[Ground]
Water/Rock[Grass]

When you put it that way, I think they might want to avoid making it Grass/Flying because the last Grass starter they made had a double-weakness to Ice in its final form. That's why I prefer Piplup and Chimchar; they don't have double-type disadvantages in any of their stages of evolution.

I plan to get all three starters in the same way I did in DP when they came out:
Step 1: Start files in each of the games with a different starter in each
Step 2: Trade the starter from one game to the other
Step 3: Reset the game I traded the starter from and get the remaining starter in the new file.

ThatOneGuyYo

Does anybody else think the grass starter kinda looks like Treecko? As always, I'll pick the Fire one just for the fact that its a fire type, but the fact that its a pig is pretty beast (unless the sea otter or snake evoles into something amazing)

Samain

I guess they are not giving electric type to any starter, since it's a totally different type and it'll give the starter an advantage towards the water starter (especially if we are talking about pokabu).

Grei

not the color
Well I personally prefer Tsutaja, but to some of you guys wanting Grass/Flying...well I'm not putting down you idea, but that's a horrible type combination. You're making it even more weak to ice, it loses it's electric resistance, not to mention that grass is already weak to Poison, Flying, and Fire. Well at least it'd lose it's Bug weakness.

I agree. I don't know why so many people want Grass/Flying--it's honestly one of the worst type combinations I can think of, especially for a Starter.

Besides, I believe it's already been stated that Tsutaaja was a Grass Snake. Since when can snakes fly?

Even if it isn't a snake--what part of it suggests that it'd be able to fly? If anything, I think Grass/Ground, Grass/Poison, or Grass/Dragon is more likely than Grass/Flying (especially the former-most).

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
Did anyone see that Fanart of a Pokabu evolution with a bomb for a butt?

Yeah, I liked it a lot. :D

I plan to get all three starters in the same way I did in DP when they came out:
Step 1: Start files in each of the games with a different starter in each
Step 2: Trade the starter from one game to the other
Step 3: Reset the game I traded the starter from and get the remaining starter in the new file.

I always do that too with all starters, but with my brother as I always buy one of the 2 games and he buys the other one. :)

Does anybody else think the grass starter kinda looks like Treecko?

A bit.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I totally realized I never did this.

I TOLD YOU ZORUARK WOULDN'T GET TRANSFORM!

...Okay, I'm done.

I don't get what's up with people saying Tsutaja looks like Treeko. They're both grass. They're both bipedal. They're both lizards. And grass and lizard were guaranteed, seeing as they're both grass starters. THAT'S IT. Seriously. Put the two side by side. Very little similarities.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
I dunno, I really fail to see how these starters are unoriginal... Everything people compare them to doesn't really make sense to me.

Tsutaaja: The only similarity it has to Treecko is the fact that its green, a reptile, and standing on two legs. Thats it. Side by side there's little similarity. I think Tsutaaja is better than Treecko anyway, but hey that's just what I think.

Pokabu: Okay... Turtwig? Really? They have no resemblance besides the fact they both walk on all fours. But so do dozens of other Pokemon. And yes, its a pig, so it's going to have a curly tail. That doesn't mean its copying Spoink and Grumpig.

Mijumaru: My favorite of the starters :D Anyway, it really has little similarity to Piplup. They are both cute small and stubby, but so are many Pokemon. And yeah they are both shades of blues. They are water type starters, all of them have been blues. And besides, Mijumaru's nose is brown. (The scans made it look orange but, look at the official art.) Piplup's beak is yellow. They don't really look similar at all.

But that's just me :)

Bardische

Elegance.
I honestly hope the sprites from Generation IV aren't carried over. Those would really ruin the new (but not really new just really 3D) effect of Generation V. I mean, c'mon. The Entei sprite was too bright. I seriously hope it's just a placeholder.

And guys, just me, or the bridge looks like the Golden Gate? What if....oh mai.

Grei

not the color
I dunno, I really fail to see how these starters are unoriginal... Everything people compare them to doesn't really make sense to me.

Tsutaaja: The only similarity it has to Treecko is the fact that its green, a reptile, and standing on two legs. Thats it. Side by side there's little similarity. I think Tsutaaja is better than Treecko anyway, but hey that's just what I think.

Pokabu: Okay... Turtwig? Really? They have no resemblance besides the fact they both walk on all fours. But so do dozens of other Pokemon. And yes, its a pig, so it's going to have a curly tail. That doesn't mean its copying Spoink and Grumpig.

Mijumaru: My favorite of the starters :D Anyway, it really has little similarity to Piplup. They are both cute small and stubby, but so are many Pokemon. And yeah they are both shades of blues. They are water type starters, all of them have been blues. And besides, Mijumaru's nose is brown. (The scans made it look orange but, look at the official art.) Piplup's beak is yellow. They don't really look similar at all.

But that's just me :)

The thing is, 5th Gen's Pokemon are almost bound to have resemblances to already-existing Pokemon. I'm sure there will be tons of new ideas, but I think it's ridiculous to think that 5th Gen won't be recycling any already-used animal species. At the very least, there will probably be similarities between some 5th Gen lizard Pokemon and previous-Gen's lizard Pokemon.

Even so, Tsutaaja isn't a copy of Treecko. It's a Grass Snake, a reptile, like other reptilian Pokemon. It's green like most Grass-type Pokemon. It's bipedal like many Pokemon that already exist. It just so happens that Treecko has these characteristics as well-but that doesn't mean that Tsutaaja is a ripoff of Treecko.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
The thing is, 5th Gen's Pokemon are almost bound to have resemblances to already-existing Pokemon. I'm sure there will be tons of new ideas, but I think it's ridiculous to think that 5th Gen won't be recycling any already-used animal species. At the very least, there will probably be similarities between some 5th Gen lizard Pokemon and previous-Gen's lizard Pokemon.

Even so, Tsutaaja isn't a copy of Treecko. It's a Grass Snake, a reptile, like other reptilian Pokemon. It's green like most Grass-type Pokemon. It's bipedal like many Pokemon that already exist. It just so happens that Treecko has these characteristics as well-but that doesn't mean that Tsutaaja is a ripoff of Treecko.

Okay, hoenstly, everyone needs to just drop this bull. Nobody is actually advocating that Tsutaaja is a "rip off" of Treecko. Nobody is even advocating that the two are exceptionally similar. The two just have enough similarities that they remind some people of the other. In fact, that's all that I've read from people: "The grass starter reminds me of Treecko."

So please, let's just stop this back-and-forth **** of "They're similar" and "No they aren't!" Everyone has their own opinions and perceptions, and some people see simialrities, and some don't. So just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.