• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShanksD

Am I the only one who thinks these legendaries look, well, lame? I wasn't that hot on Dialga/Palkia/Giratina but these guys just look... ridiculous.

aa_623

Is it just me or does it seem like Reshiram is a little too excited that he was realeased today? Seriously... I hope Zekrom is Dark/Dragon!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
No. Never again.

Come now, Grei... you know it to be inevitable. The new generation is upon us. Just think what Korobooshi Kojiru would say.

Whatever the hell people think they look like, personally, I think they both resemble some bad*** chickens.

Anyway, Zekrom has a lot of Palkia in its legs, though they both have similar legs, his frontal area has those lines that remind me a lot about Palkia.

Reshiram reminds me of Lugia with its pure white, and hands on the wings, having said that, Zekrom's square-tipped wing pattern slightly resemble's Ho-oh's square-tipped feathers.

Reshiram looks more spiritual, and divine, what with the whispy, smoky-looking tail and "hair" as well as its rings. Just makes me think divinity ya'know.

Zekrom looks more of a war and battle kind of dude, with that armor and bad*** jaw

So yeah, reguardless of what they may resemble, or may have borrowed from, they still look awesome, and I'm excited about this game even more now. I can't wait to do some fan-art :3

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Wow! And on an English site as well! English names for the rest soon, eh?

I was originally going for White, but if Reshiram's the mascot of Black, I'm going for that. Psychic maybe? It looks so elegant. I can see it being angelic, while Zekrom is a black knight. Dark obviously.

Spring 2011? Hopefully it'll be close to that in the UK...

Crikko

B r e a t h i n '
Is it just me or does it seem like Reshiram is a little too excited that he was realeased today? Seriously... I hope Zekrom is Dark/Dragon!

I was about to say the same thing :3
Lame.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Well, I liked the first 5 new pokemon, but every new pokemon has it's share of critics, and I don't really like the new legendaries. They're both too similar to palkia, and while their design is a little too complicated, while thier colour scheme is really boring.

They have their merits, but overall they could be better. As long as they're not both dragons, again.

BTW, does the RAM and ROM part of their name mean anything, you think?

.::Red_kun::.

Four months won't take a long wait to me! Guess I'll buy the Japanese first.
About those two Pokemon, Reshiram isn't really good enough to me. And Zekrom better to me! Guess the next Silhouette come next week! Man, I didn't expect the leak would come this fast!

Chardan

Really, after looking at Zekrom a little, it appears to be reflective, alluding to Dark/Steel? Nah, probably not, but Dark/Dragon seems nice. i am a alittle confused over the White and Black Legendaries are not in the respective colour games, I was hoping to get Pokemon Black wih Zekrom in it. Never mind, they're just names I spose.

Adz

Poke Knight
Zekrom is actually the smoke monster from Lost in it's true form!! FACT!!

On a serious note, Zekrom is bearing a lot of resemblance to Palkia the more I look at it's design it's just like a colourless Palkia!!

1ee7leader

Four months won't take a long wait to me! Guess I'll buy the Japanese first.
About those two Pokemon, Reshiram isn't really good enough to me. And Zekrom better to me! Guess the next Silhouette come next week! Man, I didn't expect the leak would come this fast!

Lrn2lrnwhat'Leak'is.

Anyway, those legendaries do look awesome, what do their names mean/originate from?

ForteAnly

Chardan

Really, after looking at Zekrom a little, it appears to be reflective, alluding to Dark/Steel? Nah, probably not, but Dark/Dragon seems nice. i am a alittle confused over the White and Black Legendaries are not in the respective colour games, I was hoping to get Pokemon Black wih Zekrom in it. Never mind, they're just names I spose.

Steelia

forever.
The starters, Zorua and Zoroark were on the right track. Somewhat simple designs (save Mijumaru), and color schemes that match said simplicity.
But this is stepping over the line yet again. While I respect GAME FREAK for toning down the number of colors (seriously, why did Dialga have all those arrows, and Palkia have all those pointless pink lines?), they instead replace color for a BOATload of unnecessary detail. Little rocks on the black Legend's shoulders, all that fuzz on the white one... Seriously, CALM DOWN.

These have to be the least underwhelming mascots since the 4th Gen ones; I'm not really feeling it for either one. There's always the version exclusives, I suppose.

Still, whatever knocks out the 4th Gen in its entirety gets my support.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
As great as the revelation of the two mascots are, The best part is that this means they won't have to take the time to reveal them in the next Corocoro and can use that space for two other gen 5 pokemon. Anyway, Reshiram is interesting. I think I may prefer it to Zekrom, But I'm gonna need info on their types before I can make any definite decisions. I could see Reshiram being a dragon with part psychic or even part ghost. Zekrom is a dragon with either part steel or part dark.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, I liked the first 5 new pokemon, but every new pokemon has it's share of critics, and I don't really like the new legendaries. They're both too similar to palkia, and while their design is a little too complicated, while thier colour scheme is really boring.

There's 7: Zorua, Zoroark, Tsutaja, Pokabu, Mijumaru, Reshiram, and Zekrom

BTW, does the RAM and ROM part of their name mean anything, you think?

Probably a strange coincidence.

Chardan

Status
Not open for further replies.