• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
reshiram doesnt look like blue eyes white dragon it just has the same body color and eye color and it has a wolfish head. Zekrom is kinda mechanical so it looks like everyone is calling digimon on it, and zekrom has red eyes and is black like red eyes black dragon

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
I think you're confused. I don't see how the white Dragon would be Dark and the black Dragon would be Ice. Zekrom is the White Version mascot; the black one. Reshiram is the Black Version mascot; the white one.

I know which is which. Reshi just looks like he'll have the dark-type attitude. The 'I'm more cunning and a dirtier fighter than you.'-ness that I associate with most dark-types.

On Zekro, ever heard of black ice? A layer of ice thick enough not to break yet thin enough so that you don't know it's on the road until two trees and a deer have gone through your windshield? I'm thinking that. And it fits, cause who expects ice on Zekro?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I can definitely see your point! I didn't think of that, but yes it does seem fitting. I just don't think I ever made that connection, as Palkia was never a primarily 'water' type - he didn't learn that many water moves, or perhaps I never levelled mine up to see that.

lol you have seen the light!

It can learn many water moves, ie aqua tail, hydro pump, surf, waterfall, whirlpool, water pulse, water gun, etc...

It's a pretty good water poke when you think about it.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I'm a little unhappy that they're once again dragon types, but meh. Makes sense.

My guesses? Psychic or Flying/Dragon and Dark or Steel/Dragon.

smashbro77

I'm really ****** that the legendaries are dragon cuz the last ones were, and rayquaza and latias and latios.
For the second types i think the white will be psychic and the other one dark or steel.
O and I definately agree with the yin yang thing now cuz the black legend is for white and vice versa

Grei

not the color
I know which is which. Reshi just looks like he'll have the dark-type attitude. The 'I'm more cunning and a dirtier fighter than you.'-ness that I associate with most dark-types.

I will never understand where this idea is coming from--I've seen it mentioned a number of times already. Reshiram looks fierce, but I don't see anything evil about it. I think it's expression was given to cancel out the pureness of it's body--to make it look less angelic. But I don't think that means it's evil or dark or anything like that.

Kariachi said:
On Zekro, ever heard of black ice? A layer of ice thick enough not to break yet thin enough so that you don't know it's on the road until two trees and a deer have gone through your windshield? I'm thinking that. And it fits, cause who expects ice on Zekro?

I dunno. Unlike the idea for Reshiram being evil, I see where this idea is coming from. But nothing in it's design screams "Ice-type". If it had icicles on it or something similar that gave it away, I'd buy it.

But it looks mechanical and more armor-covered than ice-covered. Nice idea, though--I think black ice a good idea for a Ice/Dark type, or something similar.

PeteDHeat

Im hoping for Normal Dragon for Reshi and Dark Dragon for Zek. Im definetely choosing the white version since that was going to be the version i was going to choose to begin with but now that zekrom is its legendary just made it 100% better. Im gonna buy myself a DS again and wait for these games! Loving it so far its beating 4th gen by a mile!!

Raikia

Back with my controlled raging,
I do believe that these legendaries don't have the same feel that Dialga & Palkia gave us. I mean, Dialga & Palkia control time & space. There's nothing more epic then that (unless, you know, Zekrom controls night & the moon and Reshiram controls Day & The sun. Even then, Game Freak will probably go against our expectations)

When the starters came out, I was surprised. I believed that they were poorly designed. However, they've kind of grown on me. And God knows we can already predict Pokabu's evolution line - they made it too obvious.

Reshiram & Zekrom don't look like Dragons to me. Not at all. I couldn't really imagine them being dragons. It'd be repetitive, seeing as how Dialga & Palkia were Dragons, as well as Giratina. If they do end up being dragons, I'm going to lul at Game Freak for being unoriginal.

Right now, I'm just hoping that they have legendary pokemon based off constellations - either the Chinese constellations or the Zodiac.

Bubblewrap

There's a point... Lati@s and Rayquaza were Dragon/Psychic and Dragon/Flying respectively. I wouldn't think that these two were either of them? I'm then going to guess dark and ice.

Charmageddon

Time is structured and incredibly durable not unlike steel.

Untrue! Time is like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
i like dragons. there arent as many dragons in the game as everything else and having a good dragon legend is good dragons are supposed to be rare, so why not?

Grei

not the color
Reshiram & Zekrom don't look like Dragons to me. Not at all. I couldn't really imagine them being dragons. It'd be repetitive, seeing as how Dialga & Palkia were Dragons, as well as Giratina. If they do end up being dragons, I'm going to lul at Game Freak for being unoriginal.

They're confirmed to be Dragons. I don't see where you're getting that they're unoriginal, though. We have never seen anything like these guys.

Rampaging Rodent

The other white meat

That actually makes perfect sense, as ice is typically associated with white, and dark with black. So, those typings would go perfectly with the whole opposites theme that they're going for.

Also, I'm not really a fan of Yugi-Oh, but when people mentioned the blue eyes white dragon, I got curious and looked it up. They really do look alike, (not that I dislike them though...)
JMP-001.jpg

Last edited:

DBK

Renegade Trainer

lol wha..? Can I have what you're smoking? :)

I see Ram as either Psychic/Dragon or Normal/Dragon. I see ROM as either Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Fighting.

Raikia

They're confirmed to be Dragons. I don't see where you're getting that they're unoriginal, though. We have never seen anything like these guys.

I don't mean unoriginal in design.Their design is completely original & strays from the normal Dragons we have seen.
I felt that the Dragon type on these legendaries would be repetitive; I mean, we just had a Dragon trio & now Game Freak feels they can hop back on that train.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I really love Rom, his design and look is awesome, not too keen on Ram really there is just something about it i'm not too sure about though it is designed well.

As for typing i would say for Rom either Dragon/Dark or Dragon/Steel and for Ram Dragon/Flying or (thinking outside the box here) Dragon/Fire (only because, to me, his tail looks like an old fashioned torch and bracket with the whispy part being the flame)

Previously i wanted the Black version, but after these pokemon were released i'm going to go for White.... Zekrom is just WOW quickly becomming one of my fave looking pokemon ever tbh.

Bubblewrap

I think Reshiram looks more feathery than that dragon. The one you posted looks armour plated.

Grei

not the color

Not really. Hypothetically speaking, time should be like steel. Time doesn't change. The spaces between two seconds never changes. It's all very structured and uniform, and steel coincides with that strict structure.

Water, which flows and can take different shapes depending on it's surroundings, is a lot like space.

Also, I'm not really a fan of Yugi-Oh, but when people mentioned the blue eyes white dragon, I got curious and looked it up. They really do look alike!
JMP-001.jpg

No, they really don't. The only similarity is that Reshiram has blue eyes and is a white dragon, but similarities seriously stops right there.

Last edited:

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Actually time is very stable. Think about it, if something has already happened once, can it really happen again differently? Once it has happened, it's happened. There's no changing that. Alas, Pokemon doesn't stick to these rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.