• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtProjectCorn

Time Waster
I think Zekrom is a cool sounding name. Reshirom sounds too weird. If it was the Japanese name then I wouldn't care much, but it's the English name, too. We have to call it that forever.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I'm still going with Ram being either Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Fire ( i think i'm the only one so far speculating the dual fire type)

Rom will either be part Dark or Steel imo... but that could be a bit too obvious, can't wait to find out though.

Last edited:

nikohesus

Banned
Did anyone else notice how the last syllables of the legends' names, ReshiRAM and ZekROM, are computer terms?

It's too eerie to be a coincidence...

pkmn trainer chris

Yeah someone had to say it, so i thought i would get it over and done with lol

I don't see a problem with that part of Ram personally, the only people making a deal out of it (i was close to saying 'big' deal then XD) are the people looking for reasons to hate on it imo.

1s33wuty0ud1dt3r3
and i lold

Stil it would be better if they "castrated" him.

The ones that look around are the people who want to believe that the new gen will be awesome.

I personally think that these legendaries have something to do with computer data. I mean, Reshiram has the word "ram" at the end , and Zekrom has the word "rom" at the end. Zekrom looks like something mechanical which justifies my theory.

pkmn trainer chris

Did anyone else notice how the last syllables of the legends' names, ReshiRAM and ZekROM, are computer terms?

It's too eerie to be a coincidence...

already said around page 274

why do i have a feeling Gen VI will have the ruler of mcdonalds and the ruler burger king as the version mascots.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
but then they would look like something that looks like a computer. what part of a computer looks like a drill?

Psyboy

Psychic Breeder
Wasn't there suppose to be more Pokemon revealed next month?

I wonder if that's still a go or if it was bumped up and were going to be the Mascots

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
after taking a good look at these 2 new legendarys my first thought was that they looked like enemys from a final fantasy game.

now i also think they look like there computerized/digital creations.

i think they're gonna take long to get used too.

Last edited:

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
The Ram and Rom coincidence (possibly) is intriguing to say the least. There are several ways the storylines could go with it, some people speculating Zekrom being a clone of Reshiram ( like Mewtwo being a clone of Mew) I personally would like it if it was something like that, since the whole Black and White name thing seems like it's going back to basics in a way, so having a storyline that is simular to the 1st games would be quite kool, thought there would have to be strong differences so it doesn't seem like a rip off/ re-hash of the 1st gen.

why do i have a feeling Gen VI will have the ruler of mcdonalds and the ruler burger king as the version mascots.

Because you're either very hungry right now, highly pessimistic of Japanese youth, or morbidly obese.

I hope we get more of those surprise releases now. I mean, man, what a rush this weekend brought!

(Geeze, I have no life...)

I kinda like both Legendaries. I prefer Reshiram to Zekrom though.

drl

This genration will rock!!

Loved the legendaries!!!

I just hope there is no more legendaries!!

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
it sounds Indian to me.

i have a feeling it is again law and order. they do look like chess pieces. it's kind of creepy.

hitoshura0

This genration will rock!!

Loved the legendaries!!!

I just hope there is no more legendaries!!

Ha, ha, ha....
Oh wait, you're serious. Expect at least 5 more legendaries, and you can bank on there probably being 10 in total.

Steelia

forever.
I've noticed a lot of females seem to prefer Reshiram over Zekrom, whereas more of the male populous are for Zekrom versus Reshiram. Interesting. I don't think I've seen such a "division" in tastes since Mewtwo and Mew. Was that a purposeful move on GAME FREAK's part? I don't see it being completely coincidental... but, at the same time, I don't see it being an elaborate ploy. That's just giving too much credit to them. But, if they could make Mewtwo and Mew as polar opposites, I guess it's not completely illogical...

Anyway, I do prefer Zekrom, but its heavy amount of detail is a turn off for me. While Reshiram feels more like a Lugia-Palkia hybrid, its only real standing feature are its eyes. Really digging those eyes.

but then they would look like something that looks like a computer. what part of a computer looks like a drill?

Yes, I know, but what's the theme of these legendaries otherwise? Groudon and Kyogre represent the land and sea, and Dialga and Palkia represent time and space, so what comes next?

Status
Not open for further replies.