• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No pokemon can be evil, the've stated that many times, the only Pokemon that comes close is my man Mewtwo, but even then he's just savage(most savage heart among Pokemon), so my speculation is that they will be the Pokemon of night and day and the plot of the game will probably be about the bad guys wanting it to be day 24/7 and visa versa for the other game.

You're right about that, although pokemon might attack people sometimes, but they're not evil, they just keep their living space. I'm sure it's the same with Zekrom (and Reshiram but this is unlikely).
Well the pokemon of the day and night is a good option, especially with Zekrom. As for Reshiram I'm not sure what the white color supposed to mean, because the day has very little to do with white.

hello moto

Top of the morning
Though everyone is saying that how Zekrom looks so much cooler in the sugimori art than reshiram, but i think the in the game, Reshirem will have a better looking sprite than Zekrom. Zekrom appears a little more complex and the its color being black, it will be hard to pick up the details on the sprite.

I really don't care about the dsi changes etc., since i do have a dsi. It will probably support some kind of minigame using the camera or somewhat.

The differences between the game is very intriguing, i really hope both games are treated fairly (i love how they put they put Zekrom on Pokemon white and Reshiram on White).

About all the released information, this game seems to be very original to me. The pokemon ideas and designs are more creative (i cannot really base this on 7 pokemon but still) and the region itself is more full of life due it being 3d.

This game looks very spectacular and i cannot wait for more details.

Nakagawa Shoko (Host of Pokemon Sunday) accidently posted Zekrom's type in her blog.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/zkrtype1.jpg[/img139]

She wrote an article about drawing of her character in 13th movie, and at the end of the article she wrote,
"Being related to Electric-type Pokemon, and because of that, I would like to have Zekrom!!!"

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/zkrtype2.jpg[/img139]

Right now, she has edited out her post. Zekrom part is gone now.

So yeah, it appears that Zekrom is Dragon/Electric.
We will see.

Source: http://ameblo.jp/nakagawa-shoko/ (Nakagawa Shoko's blog)

Last edited:

hello moto

Top of the morning
Zekrome is Dragon/Electric

If this is true, then the whole theory of Nature vs. mechanical thing will be the most favored for the storyline. So the other most likely is to be Dragon/ flying (Not again please)seeing the wings and such. Though the whole yin yang thing will be disrupted as zekorom will be more powerful than reshiram. I am hoping for a dragon/ normal.
Nice find though.

Last edited:

Zero38

Self-made
Nakagawa Shoko (Host of Pokemon Sunday) accidently posted Zekrom's type in her blog.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/zkrtype1.jpg[/img139]

She wrote an article about drawing of her character in 13th movie, and at the end of the article she wrote,
"Being related to Electric-type Pokemon, and because of that, I would like to have Zekrom!!!"

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/zkrtype2.jpg[/img139]

Right now, she has edited out her post. Zekrom part is gone now.

So yeah, it appears that Zekrom is Dragon/Electric.
We will see.

Source: http://ameblo.jp/nakagawa-shoko/ (Nakagawa Shoko's blog)

Wow , It's likely now that Reshiram is Dragon/Normal
I believe this is true, Since she's the host of Pokemon Sunday
YES, I'M DEF. GETTING POKEMON WHITE

Charizard The Great

The Great One
Interesting. Does the fact that Zekrom is supposedly an electric dragon rule out the theory that the storyline will be based on day and night? What do you lot think?

Zero38

Self-made
Well .. We've seen an Electric cave, remember?
and a Factory too
It Might still be based on Day and Night ... Pokemon Type doesn't matter, see Dialga & Palkia

BCVM22

So the other most likely is to be Dragon/ flying (Not again please)seeing the wings and such.

Wow , It's likely now that Reshiram is Dragon/Normal

Just like it was "likely" that Zekrom was Dragon/Dark just a few hours ago. People throw around the word "likely" with about as much support to it as a tower of marshmallows and toothpicks.

At what point does it become apparent that sometimes, there really is no point in throwing speculation at the wall and seeing what sort of stains it leaves as it slides down and it's just best to wait and see what we learn?

Zero38

Self-made
^ Wings does = flying But .... We just love speculating & Saying likely .... likely ... Yea XD
Dragon Electric is New To me & Very Refreshing , Can't wait To use it :D

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I believe to PK0082, usually he's right. (and he gives sources)
So Zekrom is a Dragon/Electric-type, well, I'm pretty surprised. I always thought it would be a Dark-type, but Electric might be very interesting for Zekrom, now I wonder if they will reveal Reshiram's second type.

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Dragon/Electric sounds really cool and interesting, Zekrom just keeps getting cooler and cooler. Now what the hell is Reshiram going to be?

1ee7leader

Dragon/Electric, there is no hint of electricity in Zekrom's design except maybe that it look mechanical, but it's cool.

bailey.gold

zekroms electric? thats a surprise. i laughed to myself when i saw people say it might be electric. its gonna be pretty cool seeing electricity flying out of zekrom.

Steelia

forever.
Reshiram as a Dragon/Normal would be a really funky typing... but I could see it. And I would prefer that more than the overly-abused Dragon/Flying typing.
As for Zekrom supposedly having itself leaked... I could see it being part Electric, if it truly is a mechanical being. If that's so, and speculation of the whole mecha-versus-organic thing is true... then wow. Didn't see that one coming.

Still, I'm going to keep an open mind of the whole thing. Just because Zekrom is supposedly related to Electric types, doesn't necessarily mean it is Electric itself... not in the way it is implied. I mean, Charizard and Lugia are referred to as dragons (or dragonic), yet they're certainly not part-Dragon.
We'll have to wait and see (as usual), though.

voidhawk

Blergh!
It would be exactly what a lot of people wanted in the new gen, an electric dragon. Hope it's true, then again, I wanted one that wouldn't be banished to ubers...

Wow, I haven't seen serebii on here before o_O hello!

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
ok so the day/night thing....hmm....i really hope it isn't just RS all over again.

types? if zekrom is dragon/electric then that would explain the weird tail (and "night time generator?" as pokebeach called it). So i think to parallel this, Reshiram should be part fire, which i'm surprised noone has mentioned yet. It's tail is like a torch, it's name refers to "bringing light", which we get from the sun, which is made of fire, which would also explain it's hue...kind of...anyone agree?

having just looked at it again, i take it back. it could be anything - fire, electric again, flying, normal, just dragon, psychic....who knows.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well if Zekrom really turned out to be a Electric-Dragon, than it would be really surprising since no one has expected that to be its typing.

Also if it really is a Electric-Dragon pokemon, then it would have one of the best type combinations a Dragon type can have with low amount of weakness & no 4x weakness.

The other good Dragon type combinations are (which don't have a 4x weakness),
Steel-Dragon, Water-Dragon.

The combination's type match-up goes like this
Electric-Dragon -> 3:2x (Ground, Ice, Dragon), 5:half, 1:Quarter

Add in the possibility of either having the ability "Levitate" or use of "Magnet Rise", then it would only have two 2x weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.