• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the info that was said in the blog about Zekrom's secondary type being electric is false because since pokemon sunday has kept everything about pokemon black and white a secret so far, they wouldn't just spill info without a reason. I think they want us to expect electric to be the secondary type so when they reveil a diferent secondary type, It will be more suprising.
It would be awesome if Zekrom really is a dragon/electric type though....

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
Avenger, I believe "An Accident" can count as a reason. XD

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
yes you did > Underworld poke anyone?"

What does that have anything to do with a leader? A gargoyle is a being of the underworld. That has nothing to do with it being a leader.

I also think it would be cool Zekrom to be a dragon/electric type, but every time I see it i think it's a dragon/dark type. I know it isn't so good, but it's the theory that I believe the most... But if he is dark then Reshiram would be Light, wouldn't it? And, personally, I don't want any Light Pokemon as a new type.

though i would absolute LOVE the idea of Reshiram being a Light type pokemon, which could open so much discusion as to what it's weakness and strengths are, it seems just to Farfetche'd (pun intended), to have a new type introduced in the 5th generation, not that i'm shooting the idea down, more so i just don't expect it to happen.

Last edited:

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
If Zekroms second type is electric it would go along with the RAM and ROM thing

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
though i would absolute LOVE the idea of Reshiram being a Light type pokemon, which could open so much discusion as to what it's weakness and strengths are, it seems just to Farfetche'd (pun intended), to have a new type introduced in the 5th generation, not that i'm shooting the idea down, more so i just don't expect it to happen.

A new type this late into the franchise would be really wierd and unnecessary mainly because the game are pretty well balanced.

I'm not saying it's impossible for them to introduce a new type, but it is highly unlikely. I'm really against this idea and people (not you) need to understand it is very long into the fanchise to do this, unless they relaunch the franchise.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
I found this interesting post. It opened up my eyes.

According to Serebii the host of Pokemon Sunday said she loves electric types and with that would love to voice Zekrom. This post was then removed from her blog minutes afterward.

I think she knows it's part electric, but she hurried up and removed it, because she remembered that no one is supposed to know.

After reading that, I wondered if this is the location where Zekrom may be found.

[Image: Zekromlocationperhaps.png]

It's a possibility. It could just be a random cave, but I think there's a chance Zekrom's location is here. Zekrom has some blue in his design, and the electricity in this picture is blue. He also seems to have a robotic look. Robots are electronic. It makes sense for him to be part electric.

If Zekrom was Electric/Dragon then Reshiram would be Fire/Dragon wouldn't he? It makes sense. Here is why:

Reshiram has a possibility of being part fire seeing as there is a torch for its tail. Maybe it controls volcanoes or actual fire.

The reasons why the legendaries for Black and White could be fire and electric:

Fire--you light a candle to see in the dark. It's light in darkness.

Electricity--you turn on a lamp when it's dark. It's also light in darkness.

Therefore, Fire and Electricity tie into the light/dark aspect. Both create light when there is darkness. It doesn't have to be so literal and be part light and part dark types. The legendaries could be part fire and part electric and still convey the same message. The titles make sense, because Black represents dark and white represents light.

Also, with fire and electricity, not only can they bring light, they can cause darkness as well. If you use too much electricity, it causes power outages (like the one in Sunyshore). Without power, you're in darkness. Fire also creates smoke. You can't see when there is smoke and ash. Therefore, there is darkness.

Fire and electricity control light and dark. Therefore everything I've said makes sense for the legendaries to be part fire and electric.

It's possible that the evil organization(s) in this game are looking to harness the legendary powers for their own advantage. It could be a battle between light and darkness using fire and electricity.

That's probably why the protagonists are older. 10 year olds shouldn't be messing with fire or electricity. It also explains the boots and the shoes they are wearing. Hiun city is an industrial city that uses a lot of electricity and fire.

Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric legendaries seem very possible for Black and White. According to wikipedia, "lightning can also occur within the ash clouds from volcanic eruptions, or can be caused by violent forest fires which generate sufficient dust to create a static charge."

[Image: lightning-volcano2.jpg]

This is a combination of fire and electricity taking place at the same time. Light is the electricity. Darkness is from the smoke caused by the fire. Notice the colors? (White and Black.)

[Image: ZekromvsReshiram.png]

If you place the Pokemon onto the background, it seems like a very plausible idea.

This is from the main page:
"Reshiram's name comes from "shiro," which means "white" in Japanese, whereas Zekrom's comes from "kuro," which means "black." But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark." Specifically, these words are used to refer to the sky becoming light and dark. Like we pointed out a few weeks ago, "hiun" in Hiun City's name can mean "clouds being blown by the wind." In addition to this, the bridge connected to Hiun City is named "Sky Arrow Bridge." So, we obviously have a sky theme going on in these two games in addition to the possible lightening or darkening of it.

What do these tidbits and the names of the Legendary Pokemon tell us about Black and White's plot? This is just speculation, but perhaps the games will involve a story related to making the sky night or day, similar to the whole land and ocean dichotomy in Ruby and Sapphire.

On the main page it was also theorized that Zekrom's tail could be a night generator.

This makes the Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon theory even more realistic because there is a sky theme going on already, and Fire and Electricity can each cause light, darkness, and problems with the sky.

If you are thinking that their colors do not match their potential typing, Reshiram has red highlights and Zekrom has blue highlights. I also noticed Zekrom has red and yellow eyes (fire) while Reshiram has blue eyes (electricity), to balance out the colors for the whole yin-yang thing they've got going on.

Last edited:

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
@Pokealchoholic

You are my hero.

I also support the idea of Zekrom being part electric.

I mean...Palkia didn't exactly scream, "HEY! YEAH, YOU! I'M A WATER TYPE!!", did it?

I think also along the lines of Rain Dance bringing darkness (Electric-type weather bonus) and Sunny Day bringing light (Fire-type weather bonus). So it really does work...

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
@Pokealchoholic

You are my hero.

I also support the idea of Zekrom being part electric.

I mean...Palkia didn't exactly scream, "HEY! YEAH, YOU! I'M A WATER TYPE!!", did it?

I think also along the lines of Rain Dance bringing darkness (Electric-type weather bonus) and Sunny Day bringing light (Fire-type weather bonus). So it really does work...

You welcome.

Yeah when Palkia first appeared I thought it was a psychic because it was purple, but people shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

League

Master Abra Catcher
Dragon/Fire w/ Levitate will be great. Dragon/Electric will also be great if paired with Levitate, assuming the wings actually do anything on Zekrom.

Just hope they don't get stuck with abilities like Pressure.

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
I really want them to change Levitate from being an "Ability" to being a "Mobility"

It really bugs me that some Pokémon get a distinct advantage with the whole Flying-type factor.

I want them to separate Abilities from Mobilities, such as "Levitation, Wings, Digging, Legs, Fins, etc." It would be more realistic and give Pokémon some advantages and disadvantages.

I mean...how can a levitating Porygon get hit by Earthquake?!

Pokémon like Zekrom and Reshiram should be given the Wings mobility in addition to their abilities, so not just Levitation bonuses...

they are shooting the episodes 3 week ahead. so... thats why she put it into her Blog and removed it immediately. because we may not know it yet.

we must wait maybe 2.5 a 3 weeks from now :S I hope not

I'd like to point out 3 weeks from now (well, from last Pokémon Sunday at least) will be June the 19th... Which would be four days after the July issue of CoroCoro comes out.

You know, the one which will surely bring Reshiram and Zekrom, possibly revealing what they are "guardians" of, their typing, their ability, their favorite food, etc etc.

Madeye

I'm kindof surprised more people weren't speculating Zecrom was electric seeing as how it's got what looks like a massive turbine for a tail! Seems so obvious when you know doesn't it? (okay I know we don't know this for sure yet but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the case) I'm heavily leaning towards Reshiram having ice for it's second type now so we can have a 'thunder storm dragon' and a 'snow storm dragon'. This would fit in with the fact that their names mean 'becoming white' and 'becoming black' or something similar and the fact there seems to by a sky-theme in the games (got that info from pokebeach). Weather-controlling pokemon isn't as original as I was hoping and I'm still holding out for the 'nature vs. tech' theme, but it would still be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.