• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1chugga

cyndaquil trainer
I don't know if anyone has said this but if the two legends end up being based on the sun and the moon maybe they appear during an eclipse (lunar for black and solar white) and start fighting because the balance between night and day was affected(this would be a cut scene) and when its over one of them fly off but the other stays depending on the version because it is consumed withh anger and the character has to calm them down by catching or defeating them i know its a stupid idea 8b

Leyniar

I don't know if anyone has said this but if the two legends end up being based on the sun and the moon maybe they appear during an eclipse (lunar for black and solar white) and start fighting because the balance between night and day was affected(this would be a cut scene) and when its over one of them fly off but the other stays depending on the version because it is consumed withh anger and the character has to calm them down by catching or defeating them i know its a stupid idea 8b

Even though this is not the Speculation/Wishlist thread, nice idea! I don't want to go off topic so all I can say is that I like what you wrote on how one of the two get to stay (depending on the version).

Last edited:

Vault-Boy

I don't really like electric types so I hope that Zekrom turns out to be part Dragon and part Dark. It would still be a unique combination.

But even that doesn't really matter to me that much. I just hope that Game Freak gives the Legendaries an ability other than Pressure. I'm so sick of that ability, I wish they'd give it something unique.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Zekrom, why would he be a Electric type. I mean he looks more like a dark type then anything I really hope that she made a error when she said that. I would really like him less as a Electric/Dragon......but whatever lol :p.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I don't really like electric types so I hope that Zekrom turns out to be part Dragon and part Dark. It would still be a unique combination.

Dark would be boring because it would be expected. A lot of people want things to be unpredictable this time around.

But even that doesn't really matter to me that much. I just hope that Game Freak gives the Legendaries an ability other than Pressure. I'm so sick of that ability, I wish they'd give it something unique.

I hear you on that.

I wouldn't mind it being Dragon/Electric or Dragon/Dark, simply because their unique, and it would be interesting to see what movesets it could have under it's belt.

And I agree with you on the abilities, Groundon and Kyogre has Drought and Drizzle respectively, which brought Rain or Sunshine into battle as a whether condition on the first turn without using sunny day or rain dance. Then Rayquaza has Air lock, which stopped the effects of the weather, and on Kyogre and Groundon's abilites, referring back to Hoenn mythology, with the battle between Kyogre and Groundon which was ceased by Rayquaza.

It's practically obvious these two new legendary Pokémon are going to contrast, Black and White are clear opposites. And with the amount of references to the Sky, (Hiun means clouds floating in the wind, the bridge leading out of Hiun can be translated to Sky Arrow Bridge)

Water Pokemon Master @ Pokebeach said:
As we posted yesterday, Reshiram's name comes from "shiro," which means "white" in Japanese, whereas Zekrom's comes from "kuro," which means "black." But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark."

I can see their abilities being related to Night and Day, based on all this evidence. Although they're currently not weather effects or effects in battle, the only effect on the battle is that they change the backdrop depending on the time. Maybe in Gen V, Night and Day have hidden effects?

bailey.gold

i like dark/dragon and electric/dragon. but i want it to be dark so we could get some decent physical dark moves although we could deffinately use some more physical electric moves. i love volt tackle but only pichu/pikachu/raichu can learn it.

OK, so now then:
  • There will be no Light type.
  • There will be a Team Solaris and a Team Lunaris.
  • Reshiram will be controlled by Team Solaris to make the world an unending daytime.
  • Zekrom will be controlled by Team Lunaris to make the world an unending nightime.
  • Team Solaris will have Pokemon that represent sunlight or would thrive in sunlight, such as Grass/Electric/Solrock/Espeon.
  • Team Lunaris will have Pokemon that represent moonlight or would thrive in moonlight, such as Ghost/Dark/Lunatone/Umbreon
  • Seeing as generally speaking, Grass/Electric Pokemon are cute and appeal to females, team Solaris will have mainly female grunts/admins. To make it interesting though they will have a male leader.
  • This is the opposite for team Lunaris, who like more masculine looking Pokemon, so they will have mainly male grunts and admins but a female leader.
  • For this reason, more electric/dark/ghost Pokemon will have to be made (and a a few more grass- but there already a lot of those)
  • This is all speculation.

bailey.gold

interesting points proby3, very specific though. i would like to see pokemon such as solrock, lunatone, espeon and umbreon used more often and in the oposing teams suits quite well in my opinion id also like them to be using stronger and odder if you would pokemon, ones that surprise you.

Snickloze

@Pokealchoholic: WOW!!! ur a genius, totally changed my mind about all the stuff I thought before....Now I 100% support what u said!!!

BM14murph

Master Collector
OK, so now then:
  • Reshiram will be controlled by Team Solaris to make the world an unending daytime.
  • Zekrom will be controlled by Team Lunaris to make the world an unending nightime.
  • Team Solaris will have Pokemon that represent sunlight or would thrive in sunlight, such as Grass/Electric/Solrock/Espeon.
  • Team Lunaris will have Pokemon that represent moonlight or would thrive in moonlight, such as Ghost/Dark/Lunatone/Umbreon
  • Seeing as generally speaking, Grass/Electric Pokemon are cute and appeal to females, team Solaris will have mainly female grunts/admins. To make it interesting though they will have a male leader.
  • This is the opposite for team Lunaris, who like more masculine looking Pokemon, so they will have mainly male grunts and admins but a female leader.
  • For this reason, more electric/dark/ghost Pokemon will have to be made (and a a few more grass- but there already a lot of those)

Very interesting and i do believe what you said is very likely however i think it's a little bit of a R/S/E rip which GF wouldn't be against i suppose

It just seems very simillar to that storyline where they must use one of the pokemon to get what they want like the continent pokemon for a world of pure land a la a pokemon of the day for a world of pure day time......don't get me wrong i think it's quite likely to be the case i just wished it wasn't

bookist

SO if it is electric, what type could the other one be?

Hotrod93

Dragon Trainer
OK, so now then:

Sounds good, but the teams plan still doesnt seem to beat Cyrus's plans lol, but then again that was Space and Time.

Maybe something like, each team leader have their own plans for the pokes but use the "Endless Day or Night time" as a cover up. When the player beats the Admins he reveals that he plans on using them to keep people and pokemon in a dark state of mind in which he could control them. But in a twist the Leader uses the versions legendary aganist the player along with his team.

zetzuken

Cool I want to see that Dragon/Electric Legendary that will be cool. So any ideas for the other one ?

srullic

Are Smogonites speculating on how a Dragon-Electric will affect the Uber Metagame?

He will have a STAB Thunder in a metagame where Kyogre is legitable. 'nuff said.

OK, so now then:

Nice Speculation, although, it would make more sense to have Fire types instead of Electric types, considering Fire types moves are boosted in sunlight.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Cool I want to see that Dragon/Electric Legendary that will be cool. So any ideas for the other one ?

I'd like to see Dragon/Ice for Reshiram, its head is reminiscent of an Arctic Wolf of sorts...and Dragon/Flying is too generic, and considering Zekrom may have its unique typing, why not Reshiram too?

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
I'd like to see Dragon/Ice for Reshiram, its head is reminiscent of an Arctic Wolf of sorts...and Dragon/Flying is too generic, and considering Zekrom may have its unique typing, why not Reshiram too?

That's a great idea! Another new Typing combination, and one that fits the look of Reshiram.

I would love that, it would be a really great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.