• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Man the SEVEN newbies, look so fascinating!!
Here's my 2 cents on them.
Chirimii- Here's our Pikachu this gen! It works like an Aipom and it's a relative of Buneary. Like the design.
Muuna- Pink but has a dreamy quality, a pokemon to logically use Dream Eater. It can use Telekinesis which should have been a move to begin with. Looks like we got a real Baku in Isshu. Fascinating.
Gear- A pokemon with the simplicity of Magnemite without the double double damage of Ground moves. Strangely it removes the exclusiveness of Plusle/Minun's abilities, I say evos are coming.
Mamepato- A pigeon with the ability to negate loss of defense, that can be helpful. I expect nicknames like "Goodfeather" to arise.
Hihidaruma- I MUST see Ash get this guy, he's the perfect Fire type to match with my snakie and I hope he doesn't have a secondary typing that matches Infernape. That would be overkill. But overall I love him. Now give me a new Water type I would like. After researching the Daruma, the ability Encourage makes perfect sense, also the fact that a beast like Hihidaruma is considered a good luck charm. He would for me if he has good stats. I'm glad he's not a generic gorilla. Game Freak you really do your homework in design choices.
Shimama- Add another to the zoo!!! We got an electric Zebra!! Looks very cool, jigged hair is always awesome. Now Gamefreak give me a Donphan evo that's the size of a real elephant and we got ourselves a fun zoo.
Meguroko- We got one for the Desert exhibit to go next to Hippopotas, look at this when the guy takes out an opponent his attacks get stronger, cool ability.

Overall, I'm glad about the designs of these guys, I now can't doubt the creativity of Gamefreak, they astound me.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Poke Pirate ;)
Love the Gear guys! No gear bashing >:k

Anyway, forgot to say tha I also love Mamepato, first normal/flying regional bird I like! It really doesn't look like starly, and every time I see one, it makes me smile - in a good way :D

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
Random wifi battles, yes! Thats something I have been waiting for forever! I also digg Chiramii :)

PKMN Trainer Manson

For the record, this is what Hihidaruma is based on. He's my favorite because he's interesting, unique, and well-designed, IMO. The others I don't care for at the moment (ESPECIALLY that pink Baku and Gear, despite the latter being an interesting concept).

00wazzy

You know, seeing as how Mamepato is a Pigeon, a fairly urban animal, it makes sense seeing as how Isshu is supposed to be more industrialized. Which is why I think the Pokemon will evolve into a Peregrine Falcon, seeing as how they are quite urban birds too. This may be wishful thinking, though, seeing as how they are my favorite bird.

Okay, my team for the game so far:
Mijumaru, Shimama, Mamepato, and Meguroko

Here's something to think about...

If the chinchilla thing's the Rattata of the region, one of two things will happen:

One: its Technician will make Tackles a bigger pain in the arse to level grind from.
Two: its Cute Charm will make you not be able to attack half the time because Tackle, Scratch, or Pound will be your only methods of attack for a few levels.

Have fun, everyone... of course, if it's not the Rattata of the 5th gen, then nevermind.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
what exactly is munna? I know the site says it is a pig but it seems a bit more tapir like.
It also looks like a piggy jar.

i love all of them except for the fire-ape one, it looks wonky to me. Muuna(sp) is awesome its just so wierd and original, i might use one of those on my team and the zebra is my electric type for sure. But has anyone else noticed that there are quite a few jungle themed pokemon here, so we could possibly get that jungle area that we wanted.

Valkyrie X

Chiramii is completely adorable, his design is sweet and simple. I love chinchillas, glad we're finally getting one this gen. :D

Meguroko is my personal favorite revealed in this issue, though. He's SUCH a cute little dark type with that face of his. :D I'm really, REALLY hoping he'll evolve into something formidable; Earthquake Spiral sounds like a great ability for in-game battles. I'm skeptical about his typing, though. Dark/Ground is unique, but with weaknesses to Water/Ice/Grass/Bug/Fighting...there's going to be a problem. Hoping his movepool and stats will make up for it. :/

I like Shimama as well, though I was immediately reminded of Shinx when I saw it. Its concept and design are still neat, though, and I'm glad we finally got a zebra this time around. Its evolution should be interesting, if it gets one.

Hihidaruma...eh. I'm not fond of it. Didn't think we needed another flaming ape. From my guess, it'll have very high attack, but I have the nagging feeling that whatever it can do, it'll be outclassed by Infernape anyway. :/ I see good defensive potential in it, though. Meh.

I'm pretty indifferent towards Mamepato, since we all know he's the staple bird for this gen. He has a striking resemblance to Starly, but cuter, I think.

Munna is an oddball to say the least. It's cute and everything, but a bit trippy. I'd like to see an elephant evolution.

As for Gear...meh, it's the gimmick for this gen, what else can I say? It seems extremely uninspired to me, but whatever.

D*N

Musical Star
Im going to set them from with a like the most till death ( hating ).

1) chincilla: It's sooo cute, it's just ...I must have it and so much better than bidoof, zigzagoon or ratatta..

2) Pidgeon: I just like birds.. and always have the regional bird on my team, but it doesn't beat tailow.

3) croco: It's simple, but it's a real pokemon, that's what i like... And love the croco's this might be used in the ground/ dark gyms. And nice type combi.

4) Zebra: I must go for this brilliant zebra, like the concept of zebra with wild bolt and motor driver or lightening rod. It looks good and I think it battles also good.

5) Munna/dreameater: It is girlish but it's darn cute. most people seem to hate it but I think it needs some love. Not bad, but I don't think a real battle pokemon.

6) Gear: It's darn difficult because I hate gear and fire monkey both..But this one is like bronzor. It's to not pokemonish and magnemite thingsh.
i choose this one before fire monkey because its evolution can be better.

7) Fire monkey: It's in one word; FUGLY.

So overall I like the new pokemons ( 1-5)
The most are original and Im very excited to see more off them.
The female prof is nice, not like always.
That's what I want this game to be: Original

V Faction

www.faction.com
Just noticed the above in the scans, when you place the Hirudama scan to the left of the Chiraamii scan, you realize it's all one page and here what it says under the title:

新地方では今までの地方のポケモンの姿はほぼなく、新ポケモンがたくさん出現!
In this new region, with few Pokemon from the previous regions appearing, lot's of new Pokemon appear!

Hmmm, welcome back to Hoenn, kids?

If only Game Freak was that brilliant.

There are WAY too many people commenting on the new Pokemon. My god.

Sabonea_Masukippa

From the new scans - pokemarts only in pokecentres.

Reshiram;s ability is Turbo Blaze. Zekirom's is Terror Voltage. No details on what they do.

http://jun.2chan.net/31/src/1276271661294.jpg
http://jun.2chan.net/31/src/1276271605866.jpg
http://jun.2chan.net/31/src/1276271439845.jpg
http://jun.2chan.net/31/src/1276271345931.jpg

Dragon/Fire Reshiram
Dragon/Electric Zekirom

You can check the weather when you're choosing your attack.
I *think* it says you can set a screen to appear with the Y button, not sure what they mean.

Zoroa and Zoroark do not appear during normal gameplay. Zoroa will be obtained via transferring the celbii from the next movie to BW

Jayd Sky

Hihidaruma is so freaking cool! I'm in love with it. Seriously, one of my favourite Pokemon designs to date.

Meguroko's evolution is going to be a beast in the metagame. Both abilities are excellent. Raising attack after a KO? SO interesting.

Chimchar15

Hmmm, so it's confirmed that few old Pokemon will appear in Isshu? Well, I hope that of the few that DO appear, Koffing and Weezing are among them.

And seriously, how can any of you guys NOT like Gear? Gear rocks you.

Oh, and judging by what we've seen of it, who wants to bet that Reshiram will be a male-only species?

I agree Gear is awesome and I can't wait to use it! I'm loving everything about this generation.

R_N

Holy crap 7 new pokemon jeez

Chiramii
-aslkjdbs;duofbsp;obd its just as cute as a real chinchilla! Awww I really hope it's worth using. I always wanted a chinchilla pokemon. I'm guessing it will be fast.
Mu'una
-what the hell is this thing. It looks dumb. Every other Pokemon I was all "awesome" or "so cool". This is a...piggy bank with flowers on it? It just looks so dumb.
Gear
-Let's hope NoA comes up with a cool name. I didn't expect Plus/Minus to make a return, very interesting. I like the concept, and you can never have enough steel types. It kind of reminds me of a Gen 1 pokemon . I kind of wonder if maybe it was originally designed since then and just recently brought back? Hm hm hm...
Mamepato
-I like his name, it's fun to say. It's cool to see a proper pidgeon pokemon, and it's abilities sound awesome. Maybe a defensively inclined Pokemon, but able to use Super Luck to actually hit things? Or became a surefire tank with its new ability. I wonder if Pidgey line will get that ability. I love its design, it looks so lively.
Hihidaruma
-Wow I will never spell that consistently ever. BUT FIRE GORILLA. So awesome, I love everything about it. Maybe this is a sign we'll be getting physical fire attacks that are not Fire Fang and Flare Blitz?! Flareon...
Meguroko
-This is awesome. Crocodiles are awesome. The typing is cool. The design is cool. His new ability is cool. Look he's even wearing shades.
Shimama
-An electric zebra. Pretty cool idea. I like how they didn't put any electric coloring on it. I guess its attack is a special version of Volt Tackle. Strikes me as a single-stage Pokemon.

Jayd Sky

Hihidaruma is so freaking cool! I'm in love with it. Seriously, one of my favourite Pokemon designs to date.

Meguroko's evolution is going to be a beast in the metagame. Both abilities are excellent. Raising attack after a KO? SO interesting.

Chimchar15

Hmmm, so it's confirmed that few old Pokemon will appear in Isshu? Well, I hope that of the few that DO appear, Koffing and Weezing are among them.

And seriously, how can any of you guys NOT like Gear? Gear rocks you.

Oh, and judging by what we've seen of it, who wants to bet that Reshiram will be a male-only species?

I agree Gear is awesome and I can't wait to use it! I'm loving everything about this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.