• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt_Latios

Whoa! Looks like Hihidaruma is getting an Ice-type partner as well!

[img139]http://i45.*******.com/2qurpxt.jpg[/img139]
That is awesome. And the similarities are... striking.

C_L

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
All I'm gonna say is that the fire monkey looks like the freakin' s***!

It's on my team. No questions asked.

We need more (good) Fire types!

Josiah

is your favorite
And Derkins... I know I learned something today XD (And its not "Don't Mess with Derkins" It's the entire Primape Spew).

I also just question the naming logic, If Pokemon are based off of one thing why does the name suggest multiple XD The world will never know...
It's derkins. =)

I bet they give them misleading names because more people will get them if it's a better known animal. How many people actually know what a marmoset is?

talala

My thoughts:

Mamepato regional bird

Munna original, but...

Chiramii regional rodent/HM slave

Shimama nice girafrig rip off

Meguroko original and not like Munna (stupid)

Hihidaruma fusion of primape and monferno?

Gear bronzor rip off

but yeah, nice start, can't wait for more to show up

my team based on what we've seen so far - tsutaja, mamepato, shimama, meguroko, gear, hihidaruma

SBM

glad that Zekrom has had its types and ability shown

all i need to see now is a piece of fan art of him versing palkia

Josiah

is your favorite
My thoughts:
Shimama nice girafrig rip off

Hihidaruma fusion of primape and monferno?
Zapra looks nothing like Girafarig. Or is it officially out of bounds to make any more four legged hoofed mammals?

Hihidaruma looks more like Heatran than either of those, and even then it's a long shot.

In real life there are thousands of animals that look vaguely similar, even some that are more similar than these 'rip-offs'. That should tell you something.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Does anyone know if the puff exerting from Hihidaruma is part of the official art?

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Even from the first blurry image, i had this super strong hunch that the pokemon munna was a naked mole rat. In fact the whole psychic naked mole rat idea occurred to me some months ago.

Actually, it looks like a pillow to me, which makes sense considering it's a dream eater pokemon.

Cobalt_Latios

It's derkins. =)

I bet they give them misleading names because more people will get them if it's a better known animal. How many people actually know what a marmoset is?
*raises hand*

Although, this is coming from someone who in their "youth" would enjoy reading "advanced" books on animals, and therefore knew more different kinds of animals than your average 10-12 year old.

pen15.png

sry cant get over this
"You said it was another arm."

kudos to whoever can guess where that gem is from.

C_L

I think Zapra is a Zebra. Before even reading about it, the picture alone just screamed zebra to me. Plus its name sounds like a combination of "zap" and "zebra."
I don't know what it is about Gear, but the more I look at it the less I fell I can wait to have one on my team. It may be simple, but I already love it. That's the same thing that happened to me when I first saw Combee; it just stood out more than any of the others. Even if it ends up the weakest one of them, it just looks like a pokemon I want to use.
Also, the crocodile pokemon looks great in my mind; I love reptiles (I have 10 pet snakes and 7 eggs at my house). In the picture of the battle against it, it shows the level of it; although it is fuzzy I am pretty sure it says 15 or so. That makes me happy because it tells me you will probably be able to get that pokemon fairly early in the game. I became even more convinced of this idea when I saw the map of Isshu, namely the humongous desert region just north of Hiun City. A desert sounds like a likely place to find a pokemon like Meguroko, doesn't it?

masukippa

Very pleased with this. For me, this is a very strong and varied set of Pokemon. I find myself loving Hihidaruma. Gear will clearly have an incredibly low set of stats and a limited moveset. Not so sure about Munna...

Atrum Animus

Penguin Trainer
I'm psyched for the new Pokemon. I really like some of the ides they chose already.
Hihidaruma: Looks cool, I'm definitely catching one when it comes out. Still, though, I couldn't help thinking "Another Fire monkey/ape?"
Shimama: Hm. Looks interesting, kinda like a Girafarig got struck by lightning, haha.
Meguroko: I could NOT be happier with this one. It's exactly what I've been wanting in a Ground-type. Plus it's a crocodile, which is awesome.
Mamepato: Meh. Another Nrm/Flying bird. Kinda looks like a Starly clone. The pinkish-things over it's beak screams turkey-evo to me.
Munna: It's odd, I think it might be a Drowzee pre-evo, but the colors don't match. It's a little to cutesy for me, but if I need it, I'll use it.
Gear: Please, please, PLEASE give it a better American name. If it's still Gear, I won't get one, haha. I am looking forward to pure-Steel.

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
they dont look bad, the croc is cool :) nice type too. The ape I think is hideous. And the munna being a dream eater pokemon. Make me think it is a pre=evo of Drowzee. Idk if that has been rebuked or anything as i have read the previous pages but just my opinion. Also glad more steel types :) won't crit the gear until I see it's evo's. Overall not bad looking and can't wait to see more.

SuperSonic

Even from the first blurry image, i had this super strong hunch that the pokemon munna was a naked mole rat. In fact the whole psychic naked mole rat idea occurred to me some months ago.

Naked mole rats have red eyes and munna has red eyes, pretty specific feature. They're mammals that live in a society like termites, indigenous to Africa. I'm thinking it might be a drowzee prevo.

I know each region is based off a part of Japan, but I always feel the different regions are more like continents. And they kinda represent real life continents. I'd say hoenn is kinda tropical like australia, sinnoh is kinda like europe and so on. These new pokemon is giving sending out kinda an african vibe which i think is awesome.

ForteAnly

So far from the Pokemon announced.

Awesome:Mamepato, Shimama, Meguroko, Tsutarja, Zorua, Zoroark and Zekrom
Neutral:Gear, Hihidaruma, Pokabu
Lame:Chiramii, Mun'na, Reshiram, Mijumaru

Scratch

Munna does have that nose shape of a drowzee.... which is the only reason i see it as a posible prevo. but.. ugh. I hate drowsee lol. Ghosts all the way. waiting for one of those

hevver

Heart of Darkness
, pretty specific feature. They're mammals that live in a society like termites, indigenous to Africa. I'm thinking it might be a drowzee prevo.

Have you ever thought that the "red-eyes" were just a coincident?
It still looks like a pillow to me, hence it's "dream eater pokemon" title.

Blueysicle

Master Procratinator
I'll most definitely be using Meguroko. Two of my favorite types combined? Yes please.

I like Hihidaruma, but since I'll most likely choose Pokabu and I dislike having two Pokemon on my team share types, I probably won't use it until I get the other game. (Depending on whether I get Black or White first)

Gear and Munna I don't really care about. Mamepato and Chiramii are cute, but chances are they'll be those kind of Pokemon that are good in the beginning, but quickly turn obsolete. I could be wrong, though. Staraptor turned out to be one nasty beast. And Shimama is okay.

Also, I don't know if anyone has pointed it out, but Hihidaruma also appears to be based off of daruma dolls: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll

And I recall one trainer way back in R/B/Y commenting on how she wished there was a pink floral patterned Pokemon. I wonder if Munna is a callback to that? Probably a coincidence, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.