• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Sabonea_Masukippa

Still can't tell. Misprint by magazine?

No need to get all pissy about it.

Not getting pissy, but really! There's a dark patch that runs the entire height of the scan starting halfway through Chiramii's left ear and ending halfway through Munna. Go take another look. It's just the scan's quality. Munna is supposed to be all one colour, but exactly which colour we won't know until we get high quality images from the official site on the 15th.

CourtshipDating

alice in the glass
Has anyone considered that Munna might be a baby for the Drowzee/Hypno line?

I just might kill you.

If it would be, they would have advertised it as that.

Will these horrendous name-callings ever end? :<

You do that, and I'll bring one home, alter one letter in Victor, stuff some headphones and a bling chain on it and train it to be a good detective who stops evil gang leaders and still save the world. With a shiny Kecleon and a Combee.

It's make for a fun match, at the very least...

Still, love all of the Pokemon so far, especially Meguroko.
Oh yes. I LOVE that idea. Awesome.

anyway

Pokebech said:
  • There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
  • Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
  • Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
  • In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.
  • One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
  • Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.
All of this is NOT DEFINITE, however.
OMG this is just more and more cool stuff! I am TOTALLY looking forward to these games now!
Firstly, I hate it when the number are un-rounded and awkward, so exactly 650 overall will be pretty neat and nice.
Green Cobra? Rayquaza/Arbok mix anyone? But I do love it, great idea.
A Minotaur? EPIC.
Weather machines? Castform anyone? But yeah, that will be a welcome improvement, I'd like that, it would be good.
A Plot line that changes according to your choices? OMG that is one of THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD.

OK, now onto other stuff. Reshiram is a fire type. Zekrm is Electric. OK... so umm, Gamefreak, since when do you know why two favourite types? -_-.

If you look on the map, there is clearly a nice big desert area north of Huynn city. Interesting. And there's big island bang in the middle of the region. This looks like it might tie in with Hoenn/Orre's hot climate.

I am really surprised by the number of people who somehow LIKE that crocodile abomination

guys, it looks like a fake! I know it's not, but I wish it was. I don't want to see that monstrosity in the game.

The style of them is really different from any other pokemon, but I can get over that. The monkey is amazing, I'd love one of those.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I am really surprised by the number of people who somehow LIKE that crocodile abomination

guys, it looks like a fake! I know it's not, but I wish it was. I don't want to see that monstrosity in the game.

Guess what, you don't have to use it. I'm sure your delicate eyes will survive if you run into it in battle for less than a minute or two.

Riversong

Buggy down.

The style of them is really different from any other pokemon, but I can get over that. The monkey is amazing, I'd love one of those.

I am really surprised by the number of people who somehow LIKE that monkey abomination.

Jk.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
No, I shall weep and stamp on my DS, and then I'll come on an internet forum and get sarcastic.

Dude. I'm allowed an opinion.

Never said you didn't.

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
I've been impressed up until now with the new Pokemon, and was blown away when Reshiram and Zekrom were unexpectedly revealed. However these new Pokemon are underwhelming. However, these Pokemon are likely to be only primary Pokemon and also the average Pokemon, which are encountered early on in the game. I think we've been spoilt with the revelations of the starters and the main legendaries, thus I'm not too concerned by the revelation of some (IMO) average Pokemon.

After absolutely hating the water starter, it's gradually grown on me, and become my favourite, and I will definately choose that as my starter. A female professor is a nice change and I think that "Professor Willows" is a shout for her name.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
My thoughts about the leak

Chiramii-It remindes me of a normal looking Pachrius and Pikachu mix.

Munna-One of the craziest looking Pokemon ever.I`m just hopeing for a better evolution.

Gear-Well,Hello new Magnemite.Out of all the others,It`s really not that hard to thing what it is.It`s name tells it all

Mamepato-It reminds me of Pidgey done better.I like the design of it.It acutuals looks like a Pidgeon.

Hihidruma-Looks like a creepyier Rotom thats on 4 legs.I feel that this might give little kids nightmares.

Shimama-It took it till genV to make a Zebra.Back on track,I think it should been a normal for zebras.But,A Electric Zebra is awsome

Meguroko-A desert 4-leged Totodile,Yah(sarcasm).I thought Crocodiles are water types but,hippos were and last gen we got a Ground type Hippo.

On closing note,We finnaly got a girl professor in the main games.The others were all old man`s(exculding Elm).

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I've been impressed up until now with the new Pokemon, and was blown away when Reshiram and Zekrom were unexpectedly revealed. However these new Pokemon are underwhelming. However, these Pokemon are likely to be only primary Pokemon and also the average Pokemon, which are encountered early on in the game. I think we've been spoilt with the revelations of the starters and the main legendaries, thus I'm not too concerned by the revelation of some (IMO) average Pokemon.

After absolutely hating the water starter, it's gradually grown on me, and become my favourite, and I will definately choose that as my starter. A female professor is a nice change and I think that "Professor Willows" is a shout for her name.

Normally they directly translate the Japanese name to an English name. So Araragi will most likely become "Yew."

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
About those rumors...

* There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
* Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom. If this is true, I'm banking on everyone crying that it "looks too much like Rayquaza."
* Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs. I think a preevo for it and Miltank would be better, but that sounds cool. Wouldn't it have a Japanese name though (unless Tauros was also)?
* In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim. Might be interesting to see where this goes.
* One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
* Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions. Interesting if true.

Bolded.

Yes, because everyone is supposed to agree with you.

If you don't like it, then that's your opinion, but then don't use it. It's not like anyone's holding up a gun to your head and telling you to use all the new Pokemon. I personally like the crocodile, though.

Josiah

is your favorite
I think a preevo for it and Miltank would be better, but that sounds cool. Wouldn't it have a Japanese name though (unless Tauros was also)?
I already asked this. Tauros was called Kentauros, so if this is a fake, the guy at least thought it through some.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Tauros's Japanese name is Kentaros ケンタロス、which is usually romanized as Kentauros, from which Tauros derives. ミノタロス or Mintauros would thus fit, if it were real.

Louispierce

OK my thoughts on the new Pokémon,

Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ) I love him, at first glance I thought he could have been the final evolution of Pokabu but then I thought "Why would they show Pokabu's final evolution and not the other two starters evolutions"

Shimama (シママ) I'm kinda liking this one two, I like how they are making electric Pokémon with out using the stereotypical yellows and oranges for colour.

Meguroko (メグロコ) Probably my favourite of the bunch :p I don't know what it is about him but he just looks real simple and cool.

Mamepato (マメパト) Not to fond of Mamepato, I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that it looks very similar to Starly?

Mun'na (ムンナ) Probably the only one of the new Pokémon that I don't like :/ Pretty basic looking and it kind of reminds me of a Metroid :S xD

Gear (ギア) I'm thinking this could be the Magnemite of Generation 5. If it evolves it could possibly just gain a few extra gears like when Magnemite Evolves to Magneton.

Chiramii (チラーミィ) Is on OK Pokémon I guess nothing amazing but I think it could be the Pachirisu of Generation 5 I don't think it will evolve.

I really hope they make a blender pokemon that is steel water.

But in all honesty, this generation's pokemon are just awful...Even Nosepass is better than most of these. Zekrom and Reshiram are cool as hell but other than that..I used to think the third gen starters were bad but ughh. The only new pokemon that is kinda cool is the chinchilla. They aren't even trying..

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
I like Meguroko. I think they will be a natural rival to Hippowdon as hippos and crocodiles are considered natural enemies and these two have a shared type (I always thought Hippowdon could have been half dark). I also like Mamepato and if it is the main normal bird of this gen he will be on my team. Also if Shimama evolves I'll probobly use one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.