• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
no not in the speculation thread, I posted other variants of that theory but this belongs here, teh others go in the speculation thread, im talking about confirmed pokes here

Manchee

extra toasty
no not in the speculation thread, I posted other variants of that theory but this belongs here, teh others go in the speculation thread, im talking about confirmed pokes here

Actually, said you think (a.k.a. SPECULATE) other Generation V Pokémon (ones that are not confirmed) will be similar to Pokés from the first generation.

Also;
I have a suspecting feeling some pokemon of gen 5 will be similar to gen 1 pokemon...
Thesaurus.com said:
Main Entry: suspect
Synonyms: assume, be afraid, believe, conceive, conclude, conjecture, consider, disbelieve, doubt, expect, feel, gather, harbor suspicion, have a hunch, have doubt, have sneaking suspicion, hazard a guess, hold, imagine, mistrust, presume, reckon, smell a rat, speculate, suppose, surmise, think, think probable, understand, wonder

Wait, so in order to get Zorua it says you have to talk to a man with your Celebi out of its pokeball. Does that mean that your pkmn can follow you?

Not really. Celebii could've just popped out of the Pokéball for a moment. In the videos Pokémon Sunday has aired, the main character is running around Hiun City with no Pokémon near them, and since Hiun City isn't the starting place, I think the trainer would've needed a Pokémon to get there in the first place.

I'm so sorry I missed posting this

Hihidaruma's ability; Encourage, boosts the power of all its attacking moves, but kills any secondary effect that they have.

Cool, so now we know Hihiguy will have at least one niche: Overheat, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact spam.

Right?

(((Kuwagata Kross)))

Wazzupwiththeserver?
Why is everyone "be hatin'" on the flaming ape?

It's the most bad***** one of them all!

I'm guessing it will have no pre-evos/evolutions. Looks to original.

Base Stat Prediction?:

HP: 80
Atk: 125
Def: 80
SpAtk: 85
SpDef: 65
Speed: 95

Stat Total: 530 (same as Aggron, Blastoise, Blaziken, Empoleon, Feraligatr, Mamoswine, Sceptile, and Walrein)

Unfortunately I have the same feeling it will have no pre-evos or evos, but I really wish it would though, it looks insane. And I have the same base stat prediction you have, maybe a little less speed.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
On the topic of Encourage, I find it a very cool ability. Hopefully a lot of Pokémon can get it, because it would definitely make things a lot more interesting in battle.

I hope so too. It's bad enough it already belongs to a Fire type. Its fire attacks won't be able to burn anything. This would be great with an Ice Type. Freeze happens so infrequently that I'd gladly trade the loss of Freeze for boosted Ice Beams/Punches.

Gliscor-X-Slash

In all honesty i think that all of the pokemon look very cool and 5th gen is shaping up to be the best gen so far

R_N

I wonder if Encourage will also disregard negative secondary effects, like stat loss or recharge time.

GreenExploud

ASleepyCarrot said:
It looks like Heatran with missing chromosomes as I have stated in other topics. UGLY!

Everybody his opinion.
I think Shimama (the zebra) and Munna (the pink one) are not so good-looking (don't wanna say ugly).
The zebra is just way to round, Giraffarig was better.
And a pokemon with flowers? Help!

BlastoiseWaterLegend

I LOVE WATER TYPES!!
Seeing that Flaming Ape makes me want to see an Primeape evo. For some reason it also makes me want to see a silverback gorilla type pokemon, and also an ice type ape.

IheartZoroark

Zoroark's No 1 Fan
I feel Muuna will only be a female. (Seriously, a MALE with those patterns?) Hihidaruma, instantly a Pokémon I'd want. Chiramii, think Pachirisu. (Still love it!)

A female professor's a nice change to the series, though. Finally breaking the chain of old men using 10-year old kids to catch cool monsters and fight crime syndicates.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
I feel Muuna will only be a female. (Seriously, a MALE with those patterns?)

Eh, I dunno. We have a lot of those Pokemon that seem like they should be one gender more than Munna, like Mr. Mime and Misdreavus. I could see Munna having a male counterpart. But you never know!

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
Erm.... I'm not 100% on this, but by the screenshots, it seems that the gerbil's gender difference is going to be that little tuft of hair on it's chin? I think if you look at it's battle shots, you'll see that it is a female and it does not have the tuft. This also applies to the one owned by the Professor. This could simply be explained because of the quality of the scans, but yeah, I think that's a gender difference.

Perhaps the flowers on the back of Munna will also be a gender difference? Or perhaps Gamefreak will further enforce the comparisons with the first generation, by introducing a male counterpart to Munna, which will be blue instead of pink, with more masculine patterns, in a similar way to the Nidorans from the first generation.

NOMAD-80-

Eh, I dunno. We have a lot of those Pokemon that seem like they should be one gender more than Munna, like Mr. Mime and Misdreavus. I could see Munna having a male counterpart. But you never know!

i can see munna been pure female and having a whole female drowzee evo. line while the male looks more like drowzee sort of like nidoran with the whole male female thing

Status
Not open for further replies.