• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
I know everyones sick of this. But one of the gyms is a Rock type. Remember someone saying In G/S that all regions had a Rock type gym. Jasmine use to be Rock gym leader.

Although I wish it wouldn't be the first gym.

I don't mind the first gym being Rock actually. Its super-easy to beat =D Plus you get pretty decent TMs from them typically (Rock Tomb is good early-game and Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, nuff said).

FlyAsADunsparce

I know everyones sick of this. But one of the gyms is a Rock type. Remember someone saying In G/S that all regions had a Rock type gym. Jasmine use to be Rock gym leader.

Well, if that's true, then we already have 2 outta 8 types. Bug and Rock. I'm curious what the gym leaders look like. We only know that the Bug gym is something to do with honey.

Chimchar15

Actually I believe it was said that both Kanto and Johto had Rock gyms until "Jasmine traded over her Onix while holding a special item that caused it to evolve." Then she went on to use steel types. I really hope they make Rock and elite four member, same with water, electric, and fighting.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Okay, so I know the revealed Pokemon have been revealed for a while now, but I never got to state what I thought about them, so I'm just going to make a post about each Pokemon. For the most part, though, I like the new Pokemon. Except the starters, because I'm finding it really hard to like them. But that might change once I see their final evolution.

Tsutarja: I can't decide how I feel about this one. I suppose it's my favorite out of the three, but I just can't stand the fact that it's a reptile. I'm tired of grass starters that are reptilian. I just think they should have done something a bit different. I really want to pick the grass starter, since I love grass types, but I'm not really a fan of Tsutarja. I'll just have to see what the final evolution looks like.

Pokabu: Eh, I'm not a fan of this one either. It's kind of simple. But I guess it has potential to evolve into something really cool looking, and if so, I might pick it. I don't really have much to say about Pokabu.

Mijumaru: This has got to be the ugliest starter out of all the generations. I really don't like it, at all. And I know some people have been getting angry when people compared it to Piplup because they're based off of different animals, etc etc, but how can you look at this and tell me that they don't bear some type of resemblance? I just don't feel this was creative enough. I would have LOVED an otter for a starter, but I don't think this was the right way to go about it. But whatever. I'm sure it's second and final evos won't bear any resemblance with Prinplup and Empoleon, since the otter thing will be more distinguishable.

Chiramii: This Pokemon is adorable! I think it's so cute, and I'd definitely love to have one. But I think it's too cute, that it doesn't really look pokemon-esque. I don't know. I just think it has a different type of design than past Pokemon, but since most people don't like when people say that something doesn't look like a Pokemon, I'll just leave it at the fact that I think it's adorable, and I may have to have one.

Munna: I think Munna is pretty ugly, not going to lie. But, I think it's interesting. I think that it definitely has the potential to evolve into a really cool looking Pokemon, maybe something that looks like Ganesha, or ... I don't know. So I don't really like Munna itself, but depending on how it evolves (if it evolves) I might really end up loving Munna.

Gear: Mhm... it's not that it looks bad, I just don't like the idea of having more than one "thing" in a single Pokemon. I never liked Magneton, or Dugtrio, etc. So if it was just one gear, I might like it better. I don't know. But Gear really isn't that bad.

Mamepato: Gaaah. With all the birds they could have come up with, they picked a pigeon? Aside from the fact that I think pigeons are ugly and they could have picked a cooler species of bird, I don' think Mamepato is that bad. I like the colors a lot. And I think it has the potential to involve into a really cool looking Pokemon. So I don't really like Mamepato specifically, but I'm not counting it out yet.

Hihidaruma: I don't even know where to start with this one. It reminds me of Dr. Eggman from Sonic, and that's a baaaaad thing. And out of all the Pokemon, it looks the least "Pokemon-ish". It looks way too different from most Pokemon in the past, like it's too cartoony or something like that. BUT, despite all of that, I LOVE Hihidaruma. I've never really had a fire type Pokemon that I liked enough to consider using it on my team, but this just may be the one. It bothers me that it looks like Dr. Eggman, but I don't care. I think this is one of the coolest Pokemon yet. I can see it being a standalone Pokemon, but I'm really hoping it evolves into this amazing beast-like, flaming Pokemon that still looks really cute. Haha.

Shimama: I think out of all the new Pokemon, this one looks the most like a "Pokemon". And it's pretty cute, too. For a long time, my favorite electric type was Ampharos. And Electivire was a close second. But this may just be the Pokemon to beat out Ampharos because I LOVE Shimama.

Meguroko: At first I thought this Pokemon was disgusting looking and I couldn't even see it being a Pokemon. But it's grown on me. I kind of like it actually. I know it's nothing like Hippopotas, but there's still a slight resemblance. I just wish the colors were a bit different, or something. I think it'll have a really cool looking evolution, though.

Zorua and Zoroark: I love them. I normally hate the Pokemon that are revealed first just because they were revealed first and there's so much hype about them and I like to be different with my choice of Pokemon. But I think Zoroark is one of the coolest looking Pokemon ever! It's amazing. I love the concept, and everything. I think a while ago people were speculating that it had something to do with traditional Japanese theater or something like that, right? Or something with the kimono girls? I think that would be pretty cool if the Isshu region was all like, traditional Japanese and whatnot. That'd be AMAZING. But since it's really industrialized and whatnot I guess that won't happen haha. But I still like Zoroark.

Reshiram and Zekrom: I normally don't like legendary Pokemon because they're ugly, but I think these are the coolest legendary Pokemon to date. I won't use them, since I never use legendaries, but these are pretty badass, not gonna lie.

So pretty much overall, I'm happy with the new Pokemon. I told myself I wasn't going to find out the new Pokemon so it'll be a surprise when I play the game, but that's been hard to do since I'm so curious haha. And I have a feeling this generation is going to be my favorite one so far.

Last edited:

rocky505

and there you go.

dont even compare the games to the show if you dont want to look like a dumbass.
Yeah like your not already one.

I swear if we don;t get a dragon, Dark, or Ground gym I will hate the gyms so bad.

7 tyranitars

favorite starter for now is the grass one, tsutarja never before was the grass starter my favorite so it's kinda strange, partly because I just dont like the other starters.

from the latest new pokemons I like mamepato the best
favorite ability name 'pigeon heart'
favorite new attack wind bolt

saar

Shiny Flygon

It doesn't really matter if it is the first gym or the eight. If there is another Rock gym, people won't love it. And for others who said it is super easy to beat - I disagree. It is easy because it was the first gym and the first was always pretty easy.

Up til now we have Ground, Dark, Electric and Fire pokemon. If this will continue like, I doubt.

rocky505

I love Pokabu but Tsutarja is beginning to get more attached to me :) Who knows maybe Mijumara will start becoming better to me since it's new move was revealed.

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
Out of the new Pokemon they revealed last week I would have to say that Hihidaruma is my favorite. He has a blend of a somewhat comedic, yet powerful appearance. I really hope they do a good job on the design if it has an evolution.

I also like Gear. At first glance it seems so obscure that it is a Pokemon, however it fits right in with the other Steel types and is unique as well.

I also like Gear, we really need more pure steel types. I think I'll go as far as to say that it's my fovourite Gen 5 poke.

Out of the starters : well i like mijamaru, I just like it, don't know why.

Last edited:

RiRiGaGaLover

since I have not had my say in any of these new pokes, I guess I will do so now ^__^

Zoroark:
This poke got me very excited when it was first revealed! It has an overall great design, and looks powerful. I'm pretty sure it's event only though, which sucks....

Zorua:
Very cute! Nothing more to really say though.

Tsutaja:
Definantly my starter of choice! has some kind of swag to it... lol. the only thing I don't like is the obvious resemblence to Treecko...

Pokabu:
Not bad, not good either, pretty standard pokemon. A little disappointing, oh well i just won't use him. Can definantly see some cool evos though.

Mijumaru:
2nd favorite starter. Also pretty standard though. still very cute!

Chiramii:
Pretty cute, looks useless though.

Munna:
I dont get all the hate :( very interesting poke. Looks like it could have a lot of pontential. Maybe.

Gear:
Well, I dont really know what to say. I like the way it moves in the video though!

Mamepato:
I like the little guy! I hope he has two evos since I will most definantly use him, seeing as how he is the regional bird and all.

Hihidaruma:
One of my favorites! I will only use him if he has evo though, which sucks since i don't think he will.

Shimama:
Alright looking, might use him if he has evos and if there is a shortage of cool electric types.

Meguroko:
I don't really like him, but I think he will have beast evos. we'll see.

Reshiram:
nice design, definantly new and refreshing. I like the typing too.

Zekrom:
Really cool too. I like him better, possibly meaning I will get White.

Nomytaker

The Deadman
It doesn't really matter if it is the first gym or the eight. If there is another Rock gym, people won't love it. And for others who said it is super easy to beat - I disagree. It is easy because it was the first gym and the first was always pretty easy.

Up til now we have Ground, Dark, Electric and Fire pokemon. If this will continue like, I doubt.

Firstly, We also have one Water and a Grass type, not to mention that Ground is strong against Rock.

Secondly, if you're basing the whole game to be Ground, Dark, Electric and Fire types that are popular, this won't happen, you will find something to early on in the game. (Gen1 had the Nido's and Mankey, Gen 2 had Geodude, and a guy trading Onix, Gen 3 had loads, Wingull, Shroomish, Lotad, Ralts, etc, then Gen 4 had Bidoof, and Budew)..

Thirdly, @Chimchar15 mainly....really? I thought it said all regions, either that or I assumed it since Rock has been in all regions since then too. I'd still place money on a gym being Rock.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Firstly, We also have one Water and a Grass type, not to mention that Ground is strong against Rock.

Secondly, if you're basing the whole game to be Ground, Dark, Electric and Fire types that are popular, this won't happen, you will find something to early on in the game. (Gen1 had the Nido's and Mankey, Gen 2 had Geodude, and a guy trading Onix, Gen 3 had loads, Wingull, Shroomish, Lotad, Ralts, etc, then Gen 4 had Bidoof, and Budew)..

Thirdly, @Chimchar15 mainly....really? I thought it said all regions, either that or I assumed it since Rock has been in all regions since then too. I'd still place money on a gym being Rock.

No, it just so happens that all of the regions have had rock gyms. I'd say it's more of a tradition than a must have. Who knows? This bug type gym might be the first gym and the rock gym number 2-8.

Mawile412

Problem
WHy does everyone assume that there will be a rock type gym? Because all the other regions have one? What about fighting type, there's been one in every generation at some point as well.

It makes no sense to just assume something like gym types because all the other regions have gyms of that type..

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I rarely pick grass types for my starters, Mijumaru has my curiosity peaked more so than the the other 2.

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
I rarely pick grass types for my starters, Mijumaru has my curiosity peaked more so than the the other 2.

Yeah he can go one of two ways really, he can be long and lanky and fast or fat and slow and lolrus-ish. Pokabu is pretty one-track though, big fat ugly warthog...

hitoshura0

Yeah he can go one of two ways really, he can be long and lanky and fast or fat and slow and lolrus-ish. Pokabu is pretty one-track though, big fat ugly warthog...

Pokabu could be a lean, mean boar. Or retain a lot of the pig qualities. Just because you lack the ability to imagine it doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Tf5174

Because Pokemon are Animals...

Status
Not open for further replies.