• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Concerning the symbol on the building, I believe that the symbol IS that of the pokemon gyms. If you look at the building in this screenshot you can see that the image is on some sort of screen and has the same pattern in the background as on the gym, I believe this screen to be some sort of advert for the gym as in Times Square

Now that you mention it, and after a thorough observation, you are correct.
But we still cannot conclude it that way, unless the symbol does not appear somewhere else.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I just noticed something, road and pavement out side the supposed gym is completely different to any seen in Hiun City before hand. Could it be possible that this building is not in Huin City.
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshubig.jpg Is it just me or is there a building very similar to it in the city next to the place marked 10?

Grei

not the color
And that 'bee-hive' IS a blast furnace

... what?

I don't understand where anybody is getting the indication that the beehive is a blast furnace. Literally no clue.

Blast Furnaces melt iron and other metals. So, what's the golden stuff that the player is trying to walk through in the pictures and videos we've seen? Does the game require you walk through gelatin-looking melted iron? No, that's honey. Then what is honey, two golden bee-shaped statues, and comb-shaped structures doing in a blast furnace?

Seriously, regardless of who posted this information, common sense would've told you that it wasn't a blast furnace. It's been all but confirmed that that's a honeycomb-styled Bug-type Gym.

Sabonea_Masukippa

For anyone interested, the screenshot of the new character on Serebii's main page says "I will overcome the Champion." Just fyi.

Just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTtW0IfvWU

Battle catch says "Black versus Churen/Cheren" pretty sure it's Churen though. New Gym Leader??

Holy hell at the roller coaster. And is it just me or does the female sprite look rather animated when she's running at the end?

EDIT: Clearer footage from filb.de : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftrnk0J8zHM
EDIT 2: The potential Gym Leaders name is Cheren. Which sounds very Chinese to me.

Last edited:

Desert913

I don't know if anyone else has has said this yet, but if Black and White are coming out on September 18th, which is exactly 12 weeks from today (June 26th), and we are supposed to get 157 new pokemon, minus the 14 already released, means we will be getting 143 new pokemon in the next 12 weeks, or almost twelve new pokemon on average a week. That is kind of exciting

Tackman

Optimistic Trainer
I don't know if anyone else has has said this yet, but if Black and White are coming out on September 18th, which is exactly 12 weeks from today (June 26th), and we are supposed to get 157 new pokemon, minus the 14 already released, means we will be getting 143 new pokemon in the next 12 weeks, or almost twelve new pokemon on average a week. That is kind of exciting

No, they don't reveal ALL pokémons, only a few. We still want some surprises when playing the games ;)

Desert913

Yea but the day of the release we will find out all of the ones we didn't already know :)

cocoa_adele

Yeah I don't think they've ever revealed all the Pokemon within a new game, there's got to be some suspense and hide and seek. As well as creating hype and rumors among Pokemon fans like they're doing right now.

Sabonea_Masukippa

JJ41ny1qMpRwqj5XZ9mW3HkEHQKo1BrJ.jpg

wH12h5gk6Efp8zuemwr8E4tRqSH197KK.jpg

Zekrom is very cool from the back-not a huge fan of his front sprite still. Chiramii is way to big - they're only supposed to be 10cm taller than Pokabu. :S

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
mijumara has another pun in there, maru is something added to words that sometimes means boy and what not but miju is pretty similar to MIZU (water)

Zalck

Back Again...
the point is that building is a blast furnace the gym (honey place) is in HIUN city not over there

WRONG! Look at the roller coaster picture, where you can see the 'gym leader'

She is standing over a similar symbol. That does NOT put that honey place in Huin City.

And I personally think the green building is from the town Between numbers 10 and 11

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Personally, the symbol does represent the gyms. What its doing on the building is simple, we finally get a proper headquarters in the games. The sign over the building was merely an advertisement that its around the corner, in the middle green open area of Hiun City. Its purpose is simple. You go there and register. Its also where you get the games watch. The starter you seemingly get as a present, most likely from your mom. I'm to believe this present is given to you for passing, and getting the chance to register for Isshu's league, as you travelled from one of 4 previous regions, and as they are unified but not with Isshu's you must register in a much more organized league. I'm also inclined to believe the league's headquarters also indicate where you will battle the E4, even if we have seen it early, as no one would expect it. And it would be nice to finally have a properly organized league, and motivation. As a side-note, I would like if the organization of the league means that you will be able to track your trainer battles, and beating certain trainers gains you the advantage of recognition.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
what the heck are you talking about, the roller coaster place is not in hiun city but the ferris wheel place moron, Im talking about the gym with the stained glass in hiun!!!!! FOLLOW THE DAMN CONVERSATION SO I DONT HAVE TO CALL YOU A MORON! DAMMIT!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
He's telling you its not a gym because of the fact that its in another gym as well. Of course it could be anything, gym or HQ, so don't go calling people morons.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I called him a moron because the time I posted that we didnt even have the rollercoaster trailer -_-, I was talking to grei who was saying the blast furnace was the honey gym when it wasnt. Besides the honey gym I believe is in Hiun city. not the blast furnace .

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I called him a moron because the time I posted that we didnt even have the rollercoaster trailer -_-, I was talking to grei who was saying the blast furnace was the honey gym when it wasnt. Besides the honey gym I believe is in Hiun city. not the blast furnace .
Eh, it could be, but I do not think when they are labelling areas, they would go and misinform people about where they are located and such. Speculation on there part, but labelling it is plain wrong if its not it, especially if you are the Nintendo Power, ONM of one of the 3 major gaming regions.
http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/june23rpgscans04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.