• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
When I first saw the new images, I lost some hope. No, a lot of hope.

I don't feel I can judge the new Pokemon until I have a clear image of them, but as of yet, they don't impress me in the least. But again, I really need a clear image.

Now, all Pokemon aside, it's these new mechanics that bother me. A Triple Battle? What the ****? No. I'll be fine with it as long as it stays as some sort of game mode in the Battle Tower, or such, but of it enters the field I'll be ******.

Does anyone think the mole Pokemon could be the "Region-Rodent"? Is that too far out there?

Valkyrie X

Wow, they're really reaching for ideas now......

I'd say they're doing quite well for themselves after nearly 500 Pokemon.

Not that I love all the new releases. I was wtfing at the 3 unnamed ones, mainly.

Anyway though, aside from my favorite (Mr. Bugdragon), I'm having high hopes for the sarcophagus ghost. I love the concept and can't wait to see the front. The (dual steel?) mole is rather neat, though the extra appendage on his head is an eyesore.

Tackman

Optimistic Trainer
The (dual steel?) mole is rather neat, though the extra appendage on his head is an eyesore.
I'm pretty sure that it will put his arms upwards, with the steel parts on his arms and on his head, he'll turn into a huge drill!

OK IT'S OPINION TIME (Not going to comment on Minimole, Sarcophagus or the Spider as we don't get a clear view of them.):

Giant Mole- Alright, it's cool, I guess. I mean at least it's more mole like than Dugtrio, the Steel Plate atop its head is a real turnoff for me though. Steel/Ground for sure I'm thinking, and at least that's better than Steel/Rock.

Mr.Dragon- Bug/Dragon? Maybe. I'm not fully convinced on the Bug Part yet, however, it would be a nice typing to get considering they have to make up for Flygon being Dragon/Ground. Psudo-Legendary I'm thinking, it looks to fearsome to be otherwise.

Slimer Green Slime Ghost- WHO YA GONNA CALL? My favorite from the group so far, favorite from ALL of Black and White so far. Even more so than Hihidaruma, I am psyched about this guy just because of his looks. And, it has been a VERY long time since I've acted that way. Possibly Grass/Ghost?

Possible Nosepass evo that looks like Heatran- At first I thought "Okay, looks alright I suppose, but where is the Probopass evo thing coming from? Besides coloration?" However, I'm starting to see it now, the coloring, the main body shape, what appears to be a pencil-ish mustache below the spike jutting from its chest. I won't say probopass evo, but at least possibly a Nosepass Split evo. I'm thinking Pure Rock here.

Emo thing- Hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it. I don't even know what to say about it. I just hate it. Dark/Psychic perhaps?

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Its almost as if people just don't know how to not complain about Pokemon. No body cares if you "Lost hope in the franchise". If you don't like them, then don't play the games. Stick to your Red/Blue/Yellow if you really hate them. Some of us actually have moved on and accepted the rest of the Pokemon.

As for the ones revealed, they look awesome. They look pretty big compared to the rest of the Pokemon. Pretty monstrous when you look at them. They have that scary vibe. I like them as much as the others. I have a feeling we are going to get a serious influx of Ghost, Dark and Rock types.

Jigglypuff5000

Wow @ triple battles - I wasn't expecting that long running rumour to not be one!

And I love the new fade-into-wild-pokemon-battle animation as well.

I've only known of these new pokemon for like, five minute now, but some of them look great, and others look a bit meh [at least from Serebii's screencaps - cos he still doesn't embed any screen footage of anything, which is sad for such a popular game site in this age] - so they'll undoubtedly be better presented when the Sugimori art comes out.

Though the black pokemon on the trio of unknown named pokemon looks to me like a possible Mawile evolution, which'd be ace.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Not to sound like a fanboy, but i actually lost hope about the 5th gen...

Will you shut up! Again, only 22 Pokemon have been revealed. If you don't like any of them, that's fine, but why do you even bother checking back to the new Pokemon info if all you'll do is cry about it?

Seeing a bloody sarcophagus as a Pokemon makes me real shamed to still be in this fandom and those who join those Facebook groups about how they are only 150 Pokemon are now 100% justified.

This sarcophagus just better not be a Rock type, that's all I have to say.

Yes, because a sarcophagus Pokemon is a real turning point for the worse.

Thriller, go play outside. Please.

Seconded, and laid too.

DSDark

Breeder
Every single one of the new pokemon minus Ononokusu, look like sins against nature.
All three of the unnamed pokemon look god awful, mainly the ones on the left and right.

The mole's face is extremely messed up

I've really lost all faith in pokemon with this batch of pokemon

theverybest

That noone ever was?
Loves me some ghost and psychic type pokemon. so if speculation is true, I will be verrrrrrrry happy. That weird emo thing? Oh well, we'll get used to it, seriously people, look at pokemon like Mr. Mime, Jynx, Machamp, Gardevoir, etc. They all look pretty poked up. (pokemon euphemism ftw.)

So seeing this weird humanshape type thing isn't really all that shocking or off-putting, mildly annoying i'll admit in terms of the outlandishness, but I am sure I will grow to love everything new. Hell....it's pokemon. All you radical nostalgic purists please get outta the 5th gen forum. Lol.

DSDark

Breeder
Loves me some ghost and psychic type pokemon. so if speculation is true, I will be verrrrrrrry happy. That weird emo thing? Oh well, we'll get used to it, seriously people, look at pokemon like Mr. Mime, Jynx, Machamp, Gardevoir, etc. They all look pretty poked up. (pokemon euphemism ftw.)

So seeing this weird humanshape type thing isn't really all that shocking or off-putting, mildly annoying i'll admit in terms of the outlandishness, but I am sure I will grow to love everything new. Hell....it's pokemon. All you radical nostalgic purists please get outta the 5th gen forum. Lol.

I'm sorry that we enjoy high quality pokemon designs

DSDark

Breeder
No one cares, really. If you hate them this much, then why are you even here?

its important for people to understand that these pokemon are low quality, and that pokemon has really lost what it used to be. Generations 1 and 2 have the best designs and from there it goes down and then back up and now with generation 5 it goes way down beyond the low quality of generation 3

theverybest

That noone ever was?

We're sorry we didn't realize that you're the go to source for pokemon designs?
Pokemon are whatever Nintendo, Ken Sugimori, and all other parties and people involved decide them to be, not what you and "we" decide them to be. If you think they're ugly or "sins against nature" don't be involved with them, go play something else like...Monster in my Pocket.

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba

I'm guessing that by high quality, you mean random, generic, run of the mill designs based solely on animals, and without anything that makes them seem interesting, unique, or quirky?

They're monsters, and monsters are bound to be weird and strange. The Pokemon franchise has had a mixing of 'normal-looking' and 'weird-looking' since Gen I, and Gen V is looking no different.

I think the only reason people get so up in arms is because they can't accept change and /or are too hooked on nostalgia. It's even possible that their expectations are set too high.

That said, the only two I'm really trying to figure out are the yellow one with the big mole and the strange one between the ghost teddy and goth-loli Kirlia. I keep trying to figure out what they are. Besides that, I like these new Pokemon, especially the goth-loli one.

Status
Not open for further replies.