• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashHero24

The One Who Knocks
So far I think I have four members of my team predecided.

Grass-Snake Starter
Desert Crocodile
Mantis-epic Thing
Gear

In that order. Gear is subject to change if a really cool pokemon comes out that I want more than him.

And all the pokemon have grown on me over time. Except Munna, that s**t is f**king ugly.

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
Gothmon is either a totally new pokemon or a split evo of Smoochum being Psychic/Dark. The lips and the color of the face are far to similar to Jynx, but too diffrent to be a straight up evolution.

It might be related to Jynx, but for some reason I doubt it. Psychic/Dark is likely though.

People were just expecting to see some new combinations of types.
Ononokusu is a mantis pokemon but at least it doesn't look like Scyther, so it's good. Although It might be Bug type, I hope they won't have him getting Scyther's second type, Flying.

I see some Dragon in him, actually. Bug/Dragon would be pretty cool, although maybe not the best combo ever in battle.

SmashHero24

The One Who Knocks
It might be related to Jynx, but for some reason I doubt it. Psychic/Dark is likely though.

I see some Dragon in him, actually. Bug/Dragon would be pretty cool, although maybe not the best combo ever in battle.

I have my doubts of it being related to Jynx. Its face looks the same, but everything else is too different.

And I'm definitely feeling the Bug/Dragon

Kass157

Roaming Trainer
I can see what you see... Bug/Dragon, sounds epic. Awesomeness... I like these new Pokemon.

Gus Portual

Slateport Ranger
Dying /=/ dead. Pokemon sells significantly fewer copies of each game each generation, and while they still sell a lot, you can't just ignore the trend. Don't get me wrong, Pokemon will last a long time, but it is dying. And other game franchises are growing or at least maintaining their sales.

You mean like we're all dying from the moment we are born right? Also, please read my post: DPPtHGSS generation - 30 MILLION copies sold, more than GSC and RSE. Given the fluctuation in numbers of the other games, that's what I'd call maintaining their sales!

What I mean to say is, Pokémon interest comes and goes. But it's managed to keep the interest alive all this time. Not even games like Mario or Sonic have been able to consistently be a "sure sell" for the company like Pokémon is. And a bunch of new Pokémon not having nature themes isn't going to change that.

Last edited:

~Hot~as~Ice~

I have my doubts of it being related to Jynx. Its face looks the same, but everything else is too different.
That's what I thought, but there are two things that point to it being related to her.

1. The facial resemblance is undeniable.

2. The feminine charateristics of the pokemon are on the same level of Jynx, only a diffrent dress and hair-do.

3. Jynx was cheated in the last generation. Magmar and Eletabuz got their evolutions, but Jynx, who is essentially in the same group, was skipped for who knows why. Maybe there was an actual reason for this? Maybe she got a split evo over a regular evo like the other two?

If this pokemon has anything to do with Jynx I will by ecstatic as she is my favorite pokemon besides Latias.

magicallypuzzled

mm maybe a saw a bad picture but as of right know and i really really hate to say this about one of my beloved bug types. much less two of them but i hope i never see either of the two possable bug type new pokemon again my eyes are crying here. what a terrible terrible design for both of them please be better then you look right now please. oh and if that tomb like thing is a dark type i'll be very angry then again maybe dark croc as i like to call him makes up for it i do love my croc.

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
Those new Pokemon revealed today ALL look ugly, actually.

3 on 3 battles? It's certainly not the mechanic that I wanted them to introduce. It's not really anything cool, just unneccessarily complicated and more crowded double battles. What will be next? Quadruple battles? They should add something fresh and new, not just "old but bigger", IMHO.

I still don't get what people are getting so excited on.

Also, we haven't seen any old Pokemon (except the Beasts, which are of course event Pokemon). Am I the only one who fears that there'll probably be no old Pokemon in BW at all (unless traded)? Which doesn't really make sense. Even if the region is so friggin' far away, there are ALWAYS some common species which appear in completely different parts of the world.

Last edited:

Phantom champion Z

i dont see the gold pokemon as a bug at all to be honest it dosent even have arms. it just has blades sticking from its face. though i think dark is is a good geuss fo typing for it. it has a sinister look.

Biodragon

i dont see the gold pokemon as a bug at all to be honest it dosent even have arms. it just has blades sticking from its face. though i think dark is is a good geuss fo typing for it. it has a sinister look.

Actually it does have arms, they just blend into the rest of his body look again or try and find a picture with a better resolution

Those new Pokemon revealed today ALL look ugly, actually.

3 on 3 battles? It's certainly not the mechanic that I wanted them to introduce. It's not really anything cool, just unneccessarily complicated and more crowded double battles. What will be next? Quadruple battles? They should add something fresh and new, not just "old but bigger", IMHO.

I still don't get what people are getting so excited on.

Also, we haven't seen any old Pokemon (except the Beasts, which are of course event Pokemon). Am I the only one who fears that there'll probably be no old Pokemon in BW at all (unless traded)? Which doesn't really make sense. Even if the region is so friggin' far away, there are ALWAYS some common species which appear in completely different parts of the world.

whambulance.jpg

And hey, aren't you the whiny bitch that didn't shut the hell up up about Lyra replacing Kris?

Anyway, old Pokemon will be there. The games have various staples (Machop, Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp, Tentacool) that appear in every iteration. Pikachu will appear at the very least; as Pokemon's mascot, it wouldn't be excluded from the regional dex.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
ACK!!! *falls over*
New pokemon?! PLEASE show us some official artwork, because these sprites do NOT do anything flattering for these pokemon.

Green floating thing is weird. No matter which way I look at it. Actually...they're all weird. In a, 'wtf' sorta way. I don't dislike them, but I don't like them. I'm withholding judgement until I get official artwork or something because pixalated, ugly sprites do no justice. XD

But seriously, I'm glad there's so many new Pokemon coming out, but I need to see a better sprite or something. A spider (ew), and a sarcophagus (gross). Cool concepts, but I can't see if they're cool looking or not.

The mole looks pretty awesome, as does the...mantis, bug, yellow thing. Green floating thing, black pacifier female and multi-colored rock look-alike I don't think I'll like even with official artwork.

Ah well. I knew they'd eventually come out with Pokemon that I disliked. XD But all in all, super excited.

Noooot a big fan of triple battles. =\ Though three water absorb pokemon with surf = havoc. =D

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Thoughts:

-Ononokusu: Doesn't seem so great. Hope for it to have an interesting ability
-Doryuuzu: Awesome. A Steel/Dragon would be great.
-Dechura: I don't see him face, but at least we have a new Tarantula
-Moguryu: Looks like a Pinguin. Hopefully it will have another medium evolution.

As for the others, I can see them being Fire, Grass and Dark types.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
3 on 3 battles seems like overkill to me. I can't really see how it will make much difference to the 2v2 battle mechanics other then surf killing everything faster.

Anyway, the new pokemon:
Ghost baby thing: I like this one. It's a nice, cute design.
Rock: Doesn't stand out, it's neither good, nor bad. It reminds me a lot of that old fake rhino.
Towergoththing: Ew, don't like that. I didn't like Jynx, Smoochum or Medicham either, I wish they'd stop attempting humanoid lips.
Small Mole: Looks a tad bland, but it's kind of cool. What we can see of it, anyway.
Big mole: Don't like this one the metal bits are awkward.
Insect: I didn't like it at first, but then I saw a zoomed in version, and I now like it. It cetainly looks better zoomed in.
Sarcophagus: Interesting idea, but I'll withhold judgement until I can see it's face. I know people have been complaining it looks too much like a Mother character. Look at gigue and mewtwo, smilin' sphere and electrode. Mother's creators renamed their company into what we now know as Game-Freak. It shows.
Edit: No it didn't. Damn TVtropes, who would have thought a wiki could ever contain false information :/.
Tarantula: Again, unitl I see the face, it could go either way. A spider that uses a bug zapper to trap prey is cool though.

Anyway, is it just me or are complainers getting more and more vocal, everytime we get a new batch. I'm sure there weren't as many "pokemon is ruined forever im not buying it you shouldnt either nintendo is running out of ideas pokemon is dead" when Zoroark was anounced.

Last edited:

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
The more I look at these screens, the more I realise I like the coffin pokemon. I just hope he doesn't look too silly from the front...and even if he does, then it doesn't matter because it's just a 'shell'. The real pokemon is inside and hidden from view, so it can look like whatever I want to imagine it as.

And boy, looking at some of these comments, people are really stupid. I'm just going to pretend I didn't see some of those posts or I'll lose my faith in humanity and become sociopathic or something. 9_9

BCVM22

Mother's creators renamed their company into what we now know as Game-Freak.

Close. Ape, Inc., responsible for Mother/Earthbound, became Creatures, Inc., which has nothing to do with Game Freak or any of the core titles, instead producing the TCG and developing some of the spinoff titles, including all three Ranger titles. Creatures, Inc. also owns a third of the copyright to the franchise; you can guess the ownership of the other two, I'm sure.

DesertJohn

Shiny Hunter
whambulance.jpg

And hey, aren't you the whiny bitch that didn't shut the hell up up about Lyra replacing Kris?

Anyway, old Pokemon will be there. The games have various staples (Machop, Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp, Tentacool) that appear in every iteration. Pikachu will appear at the very least; as Pokemon's mascot, it wouldn't be excluded from the regional dex.

You brought a smile to my face, Sir, Thank you.

If the rumors are correct, I doubt all of the above will appear. 157 is a heavy number

Status
Not open for further replies.