• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertJohn

Shiny Hunter
CURSE MY INTERNET. Sorry for double.

Last edited:

Cartman

That maid-like thing that some people think is related to Jynx looks like a really bad drawing. The sarcophagus pokemon is kind of cool, but that maid-looking pokemon and the giant mole is ugly.

halloweenghost

I'm sorry Smashchu, did you see my post?

Pokémon is dying? I don't mean to be rude but, are you dense? Over 30 million copies sold of the DPPtHGSS generation means it's dying?

You do realize that Nintendo bringing up Black and White so soon after the release of HGSS means they're trying to get their sales up, and they use one of their most profitable and popular franchises, right?

I'm from Spain but live in New York. In both places, when a game comes out, the lines are full of people whose ages range from 10 to 30 at least. I was also recently in the Pokémon VGC. The line for the senior section in the Newark tournament was approximately 700 people. 700 over 16 years old. All with DPPtHGSS games.

I guess your Wal-Mart isn't very indicative of the sales of Pokémon, really.

Also, Off topic.

indeed... over 2000 people were at the VGC in the dallas fort worth texas event last month it boggled my mind so many came.

pokemon is dying folks make me sad.. guess what you will still buy the games anyways...

and the haters of triple battles..get over it.. time to relearn more strategy huh? It's not the end of the world..

But I'm wanting to know more about the games online stuff they are introducing..

Last edited:

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
That maid-like thing that some people think is related to Jynx looks like a really bad drawing. The sarcophagus pokemon is kind of cool, but that maid-looking pokemon and the giant mole is ugly.

If the maid is in any way related to jynx, I will puke. Desukan, I love, yet, it has a "OOWOWOOHH, I'M SPOOKY", mischevious look, so I have to laugh (that's how it looks from behind). The Doryuuzu, and Moguryu, both, I kind of like, it's like a diglett, but not creepy, well, it's also like a star nosed mole. Denchura, the tarantula, I love. I speculate, that it could somehow be related to Ariados, or Spinarak.
I heard it's name is a combo of electric and tarantula, which, is interesting. Sadly, that gives me an idea, that my speculation, is wrong, as it means the evolution would be missing the poison type that spinarak and it's evolution possess. Then again, there could be something special with it's evolution, that makes that type change....

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
Anyone think that the Blue/Red unamed one kinda looks like the big mole one?

The red markings on the moles belly could become those spike things?

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Zorua, Zooark and Hihidaruma are still the best of the 5th gen in my eyes. Hopefully the rest of them will be as good and not as some Christmas tree crossdresser.

Skirgedot

I just don't like the fact they're revealing so many. We have now like what, 20? :\ Say there will be a total of 100 new Pokémon. We already know a fifth of them. Quite sad really, because I love those 3/4 days of excitement and happiness after the games arrive where every bit of information is revealed in a heartbeat.

Other than that, I'm cool with the rest. I don't give a butt if they're cute or not, as long as they're competitively capable. The three on three battle system sounds unnecessary, but I'm sure they pulled off something to make it useful, or at least fun.

Rakurai

I like all of them, especially Denchura and Ononokusu.

I just hope they'll have decent stats.

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Don't know why allot of people are calling them ugly, as I personally think all these new Pokemon look fantastic. They all look really hardcore, creative and allot more mature (especially when compared to the ugly childish 3rd gen's), although I guess its all down to personal taste.

I for one am greatly looking forward to this generation, with it so far having some of the best Looking Pokemon in ages, especially that Green Dinosaur/Mantis. Can't wait to see their Artwork.

Sorry don't remember their names...

Green Dinosaur/Mantis - Best looking of the group, maybe a Bug/Dragon type? Could also be the new Garchomp/Dragonite.

Sarcophagus - Definitely a Ghost type, can't wait to see its front, really cool design so far however. Maybe Ghost/Ground or Ghost/Steel?

Mole 1 & 2 - I am assuming they are in the same evo family. The Little one looks cute, the bigger one however looks strange with the thing on its head (needs a better image I think), although it looks like it might be a retractable helmet?, however the Megalon like Drill Hands look awesome, Ground/Steel? or Dark/Steel?

Tarantula - Hello Ariados evo? That or an all new Bug/Electric type (based on colour alone).

Red Spiky Boulder Tank - Looks like a defensive beast, clearly a Rock or Steel type. Can't wait for the Art of this one, also have a feeling that this is the pre-evo.

Green Doll in a Blob - Looks interesting, like an amoeba, can't decide on its typing, maybe Grass/Ghost?

Emo Doll - Another Possible Ghost type? (making a potential of three), or a female only Pure Dark Type? Think this is my least favorite.

Last edited:

poke-lord

Don't know why allot of people are calling them ugly, as I personally think all these new Pokemon look fantastic. They all look really hardcore, creative and allot more mature (especially when compared to the ugly childish 3rd gen's), although I guess its all down to personal taste.

I for one am greatly looking forward to this generation, with it so far having some of the best Looking Pokemon in ages, especially that Green Dinosaur/Mantis. Can't wait to see their Artwork.

Sorry don't remember their names...

Green Dinosaur/Mantis - Best looking of the group, maybe a Bug/Dragon type? Could also be the new Garchomp/Dragonite. Looks like it will be more of a less powerful one not a psuedo legendary

Sarcophagus - Definitely a Ghost type, can't wait to see its front, really cool design so far however. Maybe Ghost/Ground or Ghost/Steel? Found in the desert in a pyramid in a one day event like Drifloon.

Mole 1 & 2 - I am assuming they are in the same evo family. The Little one looks cute, the bigger one however looks strange with the thing on its head (needs a better image I think), although it looks like it might be a retractable helmet?, however the Megalon like Drill Hands look awesome, Ground/Steel? or Dark/Steel?

Tarantula - Hello Ariados evo? That or an all new Bug/Electric type (based on colour alone).

Red Spiky Boulder Tank - Looks like a defensive beast, clearly a Rock or Steel type. Can't wait for the Art of this one, also have a feeling that this is the pre-evo.

Green Doll in a Blob - Looks interesting, like an amoeba, can't decide on its typing, maybe Grass/Ghost?

Emo Doll - Another Possible Ghost type? (making a potential of three), or a female only Pure Dark Type? Thing this is my least favorite. Bannete Evo mabye?

I've put my thoughts in bold

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
I just don't like the fact they're revealing so many. We have now like what, 20? :\ Say there will be a total of 100 new Pokémon. We already know a fifth of them. Quite sad really, because I love those 3/4 days of excitement and happiness after the games arrive where every bit of information is revealed in a heartbeat.

Other than that, I'm cool with the rest. I don't give a butt if they're cute or not, as long as they're competitively capable. The three on three battle system sounds unnecessary, but I'm sure they pulled off something to make it useful, or at least fun.

Before D/P was Released there 30 Pokemon Revealed, Currently we have 22 B/W Pokemon Revealed, taking into the Fact that these 8 New Pokemon will probably be Revealed in Corocoro's August Issue that still leaves 8 other New Ones to be Revealed to Match up to D/P's Devlopment (if they want to Reveal 30 Pre-Release Pokemon Again) and i'm sure they could Split that between the September and October's Issue's.
The Moral of this Post is there not really Revealing to Many to Quickly if you think about it.

I also wouldn't be Surprised if the "157 New Pokemon" Rumour was Real, it has been Speculated for Ages that this Generation may have Tonnes of New Pokemon (i'm almost Certain more then 100), possibly even more then Sinnoh.
My Original Speculation was that B/W would have more New Pokemon then Sinnoh but less then Hoenn, however with Hints such as "There won't be Many older Pokemon in these Games", that may Hint at even more then Hoenn?

P.S, Remember this Generation has been very Secret so Far and D/P did have 3 Years to Promote, B/W has 1 so they may have to Reveal in Big Groups instead of like 3 at a Time like D/P Could Early On.

EwokNinja94

I personally like all of the designs except that green blob thing i dont know it just looks stupid compared to the rest.

And just from the look of these new pokemon I can see this generation of pokemon having A LOT of new type combinations I mean we've already got the two legendary's with unigue types combo's Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric.

I reckon that the Bug one will be a new type combo Electric/Bug sam with the green blob being grass/Ghost which has been said by other people as well also does anyon else think that doll like pokemon could be related to Munna (the pink floating blob thing)

I reckon most (if not all) of the new pokemon shown in that new trailer are final evolutions

Skirgedot

Yes. Aaagh :\
I'm also hoping they're creating many ways of capturing old Pokémon like they did with DPPt and HGSS. RSE sucked because of it.

Bardische

Elegance.
Wow, a sarcophagus, a mole, a mantis-thing and a tarantula-thing. And a blob, a Nosepass-like thing and a Mawile-like thing.

Good enough. I just don't like the blob. The cuteness was overdone waaaayyyy to wrongly.

But if you look at it in a way, it looks like a floating amoeba. The things inside it's body, are kinda not outside. Look at it's arms. Amoeba!!

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Honestly, some of these new pokémon seem awful :/ I hope the Sugimori art or cleaner sprites of this new batch do justice on these new ones. The only one that seems to escape this category is the bluish-yellow tarantula but mostly because I never got to see its face.

And I though Probopass was something. These new ones made my eyes bleed.

At least the games' landscapes seem amazing. If I ever regain my faith in these games and buy one of the versions, I'll look forward to crossing the Sky Arrow's bridge, going around Hiun City or into the desert.

Triple battles?! What?! They've got to be kidding me. I can't grasp that context. Back in generation III, I found it idiotic if they introduced this concept and I still do. I can see the impact that'll cause on competitive battling...

Feel free to criticize my opinion. At least I'm not an moronic idiot who likes everything that's shoved one's throat.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Wow. All the Pokemon in the double battle picture look badass. Especially the mantis. And the sarcophagus sounds like my sort of Pokemon.

The green blob looks...rather odd.
The red and blue tankish thing looks pretty hardcore.
The black tree in a dress thing confuses me.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Feel free to criticize my opinion. At least I'm not an moronic idiot who likes everything that's shoved one's throat.
So you're calling anyone who isn't complaining and enjoying the games a moronic idiot? Then why are you on a POKEMON site? I'm sorta happy with all this, I just hope triple battling is more novelty and not seen frequently. I love the mantis and the sarcophagus, I think Suigomori (sp?) will do them all more justice with the stock art.

SBM

I claim Ononokusu, or as i'm going to call it, Axehead, as my own

starting to think it isn't a mantis, as it sorta looks like its got a snout

Status
Not open for further replies.