• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon was an instant hit after Red and Green came out. They sold the most because Pokemon was a brand new concept and it connected very well with a younger audience. The mass popularity can't last forever. Yes, some of the most popular Pokemon are from generation 1, but so are Pokemon from generations 2, 3, and 4. Celebi, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Skarmory, Kingdra, the dogs, Blissey, Milotic, Salamence, Metagross, Latios and Latias, the other Hoenn legendaries, the list goes on.

Pokemon is a game designed primarily for children. Period. Of coure a lot of the fanbase is going to leave, because they've GROWN UP! RSE, I believe, were the best selling GBA games, and I think DPPt were also one of the top DS games. Pokemon is the second biggest franchise...it's fine.

rocky505

The one with the red crystals reminds me of that fake Rhydon evo we had a long time ago.

samuuurai

psychic

it wouldnt be queer if they looked to other places for inspiration, more commonly watched kids shows most likely influenced these games, much like
how animals inspired the first pokemon. Now they look like medabots.
expect much more alien looking pokes/robots.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
omg whoever thinks pokemon is dying by only looking at those numbers or just bcuw you think gen1 was the best (not IMO) in my little bros school there are 1000 kids who love pokemon, when i was there it where only 500

CourtshipDating

alice in the glass
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, leaving the irrelevant buisness talk aside, what about them new Poke's?

Good, bad, is this a hopeless atempt at returning to the topic, what do you think?

rocky505

I see the tarantula being at least bug/Electric that would be epic. it may learn thunder fang.

BCVM22

Now they look like medabots.
expect much more alien looking pokes/robots.

Haha, fantastic. So we've moved away from Digimon and now Medabots is the new "THEY LOOK LIKE ______" target?

Awesome. And a terrific comparison, given how robotic and metallic and mechanic all of these new Pokémon (save Gear) loo-- wait...

taytay

the one with the red crystals reminds me of a ake pokemon from a while back it also reminds me of cromostone from ben 10.

Tropios

the one with the red crystals reminds me of a ake pokemon from a while back it also reminds me of cromostone from ben 10.

excactly what i thought when i saw him , well, the chromostone part, but anyways its an awesome pokemon

taytay

the armadillo that look fully evolved looks to be shiny to me because it doesnt have the same color scheme as th little one with shimama. not alot of pokemon change color scheme sides pokemon like spinerak and ariodos.

Biodragon

excactly what i thought when i saw him , well, the chromostone part, but anyways its an awesome pokemon

Well chromostone hasn't appeared in ben ten for a while, apparently he fused with a metagross and went to the pokemon world.
I'm ok with that :p

CourtshipDating

alice in the glass
the armadillo that look fully evolved looks to be shiny to me because it doesnt have the same color scheme as th little one with shimama. not alot of pokemon change color scheme sides pokemon like spinerak and ariodos.

lolwut?

I highly doubt they'd use a shiny for promotion purposes, and besides that, lots of Pokémons change colour-schemes through evolution...

Tropios

Well chromostone hasn't appeared in ben ten for a while, apparently he fused with a metagross and went to the pokemon world.
I'm ok with that :p

haha, well than that mummy from ben 10 got locked up in his sacrophagus and chromostone took him to the pokemonworld too

R_N

Say, does anyone know if the official website happens to have a certain day it updates?

For some reason I want to say Tuesday, but it could just be a coincidence and the update schedule is "whenever"

Sponge

I'm very pleasently surprised by the new batch of pokemon revealed. I liked the first batch but these guys look great.

My favourites are the Cat like pokemon (that looks like it has loads of feet), the tarantula pokemon, the green jelly Pokemon and........

The Sarcophagus Pokemon! That guy is SO going to be on my team! :D

I haven't gotten the hang of the names yet though, only just after seeing them.

Last edited:
Chromastone from Ben 10? Rhydon fake? To me it looks like a Crawdaunt :p That had a CRAZY night with a -insertrocktypepokemonhere-

I'd like to point out to Smashchu that Diamond/Pearl are the second most-selling games for the DS in Japan, just ~600 copies behind New Super Mario Bros.

It had just gone through the metagame breaking Urza Block, fillied with broken combos and engines, including a card that was banned before it hit print!

Ok I'm not expert at Magic (in fact, I've never played it), but I seriously cannot understand this card. So, you drop your hand face down, get seven cards and then... discard those seven cards and get your old hand back? What?

Last edited:

hitoshura0

Ok I'm not expert at Magic (in fact, I've never played it), but I seriously cannot understand this card. So, you drop your hand face down, get seven cards and then... discard those seven cards and get your old hand back? What?

Pretty much. 14 cards drawn on turn one wins you a lot of games in Magic. Card advantage at its finest. Remember, this was introduced pretty late into "Combo Winter" and Tolarian Academy was around and available, so the ban speaks for itself.

And I guess to illustrate the point, there was a card called Ancestral Recall that says U: Draw Three cards. This is one of the most broken cards in the game, and one of the most expensive(About $525+ on Anycraze right now). Remember that when you used to be able to play the common Bill in the Pokemon TCG for 2 cards for no cost. ::shudders::

And I guess to stay on topic, the gold mantis thing looks neat, but I don't think I'll have room on the team for that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.