• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Except this Pokemon they were about to reveal even more info, ha? Never thought number 00 will be ever used in the national dex.

Shadow-charizard

Hydreigon = >:'O
Your Point? Anyway I'm really hope Bikutini is a dual type Fighting/Flying Type since we never had a Fighting type Legendary pokemon. Looks like people are already calling Bikuini Vear as a Fan name although that's been going around for awhile.

There was some argument about whether it was or wasn't

Sabonea_Masukippa

So are B and P the same too? (Bocchama/Pocchama)?

Not really. B and P (and incidentally H) sounds are written with the same basic symbols, but have a different marker on them to differentiate them, whereas B and V sounds would be written the same regardless. So you get:

は Ha
ぱ Pa
ば Ba/Va

In this case V/B is more like the situation with the R/L.
And I got the impression the Pocchama/Bocchama thing was a mistake in reading the name when it first got announced.

Anyway, not strictly relevant to what's going on now but..

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I added a note on the update about the whole Viktini bit so it wont come as such a surprise when the probable happens and it's the romanised name. Checking trademarks atm, can't find anything

Somewhat off-topic here, Serebii, but where is it that you go to check trademarks?

Missingno.Fan

So that big eared thing is a legendary? Color me surprised. I say that is probably at least part Ghost because it is a "phantom" pokemon.

ForeverFlame

I'd say Victiny. (Victory+Tiny)

That's the most accurate when you do the B/V, U, and I conversions. I prefer Victini though because it's easier to pronounce.

But Manaphy was known as Manafi for months, so I guess I should get used to the idea of it being called Victiny in the end.

biangot

I tried www.victini.com and it led me to Melbourne IT, a known trademarker of Pokemon. So maybe it's the official romanization?

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole
Soooo... Missingno, number 000, has finally revealed his TRUE FORM... to us.
I wasn't expecting it to be so... *_* (cute!)
Seriously though Bikutini actually scares me with its little fangs and the wings on its... thighs?

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
Like I posted on Bulbagarden Forums:
It's definitely a cute Pokemon^_^

One of the thing's that interests me is, if this is the main event Pokemon for Movie 14 will they just give it out again even though most people would already have it?
My guesses are:
a. Next July they will give it out again normally,
b. They will give it out but it will be a special one which will unlock a new area in the game,
c. They won't give it out as Movie 14's main event Pokemon,
d. They will give out 2 event Pokemon during Movie 14???

Sabonea_Masukippa

So that big eared thing is a legendary? Color me surprised. I say that is probably at least part Ghost because it is a "phantom" pokemon.

Yeah.

Except Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Sheimin are all "phantoms" too, so you know. There goes that and all that.

"Phantom" is a classification of the *type* of legendary, nothing to do with the actual Pokemon design/typing itself. Getting it wrong is kinda like saying "hmm, Zekrom is a Box Legend, I wonder if we're getting a cardboard type?"

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
I can't lie... I love it...

I'm completely baffed as to what it's typing will be. It'll be interesting to see whether or not those wings allow it to fly. Reminds me a bit of Achilles is it? With the wings on it's legs...

Status
Not open for further replies.