• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josiah

is your favorite
Pikachu isn't a mouse. It's based on the Pika, which can be yellowish in color.

lg_pika.jpg

american_pika_09-08-2007.jpg

pika9.jpg

I do understand what you're saying, but your example was a failure.
We don't actually have any proof of that. Pikapika and chuchu are Japanese onomatopoeia, and Pikachu has very long ears. One of the most important features of the pika are its small ears.

Seriously though, Wargle looks like neither eagle in particular, though I'm of the opinion that it has a Native American war bonnet (which would make sense, considering its name). Other things to note are the brownish color, a tail that differs from the rest of its body color, yellow beak and legs, and the white on its head.

slowkingsley

With Pokemon Sunday showing the triple battle today, I've compiled a list of all the known moves that have been shown for all the currently released 5th gen pokemon for anyone interested.

Tsutaaja - Grass, Overgrow
Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip, Leaf Blade, Grass Mixer, Slam, Grasswhistle, Leaf Storm, Wring Out, Coil

Pokabu - Fire, Blaze
Nitro Charge, Flamethrower, Take Down

Mijumaru - Water, Torrent
Tail Whip, Shell Blade, Water Pulse, Surf

Hihidaruma - Fire, Invigorate
Fire Punch

Shimama - Electric, Lightning Rod/Motor Drive
Wild Bolt

Mamepato - Normal/Flying, Super Luck/Pidgeon Breast

Munna - Psychic, Synchronize/Forewarn
Tackle, Telekinesis, Hypnosis

Giaru - Steel, Plus/Minus
Gear Saucer

Chiramii - Normal, Cute Charm/Technician
Sweep Slap, You First, Swift, Wake-Up Slap

Meguroku - Ground/Dark, Intimidate/Overconfidence
Assurance, Sandstorm

Wooguru - Normal/Flying, Keen Eye/Invigorate
Freefall

Minezumi - Normal, Keen Eye/Runaway
Detect, Crunch, Super Fang, Hypnosis, You First

Mushaana - Psychic, Forewarn/Synchronize
Telekinesis

Rankurusu - Psychic, Magic Guard/Dustproof
Reflect, Skill Swap, Light Screen, Psywave, Dizzy Punch

Gochiruzeru - Psychic, Frisk
Magic Room, Psybeam, Faint Attack

Kibago - Dragon, Rivalry/Mold Breaker
Double Chop

Koromori - Psychic/Flying, Unaware/Klutz
Heart Stamp

Moguryuu -
Doryuuzu -
Drill Liner
Ononokusu -
Denchura -
Desukaan -
Gigaiasu -
Rock Slide
Mamanbou -

Zorua - Dark, Illusion
Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, Fake Tears, Trickery

Zoroark - Dark, Illusion
Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Scary Face, Taunt, Claw Sharpen, Night Burst

Bikutini -
Zekrom - Electric/Dragon, Terra Voltage
Reshiram - Fire/Dragon, Turbo Blaze

Last edited:

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Yeah, I find the new legend really cute, unlike most of the "small" legends (Barring Mew, Jirachi and Shaymin). It really does look like a Flying type... maybe a Psychic/Flying? Or perhaps plain Flying ;).

Also, I wonder if it will have a connection with Missingno., being a Mirage pokemon and number #000.

Bardische

Elegance.
I honestly found it amusing that Rankurusu can learn Dizzy Punch, surprisingly enough.

Did it anyone feel a bad-***-ity from Tsutarja in the anime clip? It made me wet :D

V Faction

www.faction.com
Why are some moves italicized?
Some attacks cannot be 100% confirmed. They're being used while the Pokemon in question is on the screen, but aren't officially shown as coming from said Pokemon.

I'm very surprised at the number of attacks that Smugleaf is confirmed to have. Stuff like Wring Out is really the most unique.

Koh

Tamer
Bikutini is rather cute. I guess Isshu'd have to have a 'Mew' too, like the other main regions, otherwise, it just wouldn't keep the flow.

I do find Victini quite cute actually. I prefer the name Victini, which is what Pokebeach say it's called. I think that he'll be a pretty good Pokemon!

The anime trailer makes all three starters look a lot better than their sugimori art. Snivy looks a lot cooler than I think he is, Pokabu looks totally bad*** and Mijumaru looks CUTE. I love it.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I do find Victini quite cute actually. I prefer the name Victini, which is what Pokebeach say it's called. I think that he'll be a pretty good Pokemon!

The anime trailer makes all three starters look a lot better than their sugimori art. Snivy looks a lot cooler than I think he is, Pokabu looks totally bad*** and Mijumaru looks CUTE. I love it.
Pokebeach isn't the one who says it's called it. Nintendo does through the domain registration.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
I like Victini a lot more now that I've seen its artwork - rather then what it looks like in the anime, which is what usually happens. I usually prefer the Sugimori artwork.

I do find the 'no. 000' bit interesting. It's never been done before - I would have expected it to be at the end of the Isshu regional dex.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I was 100% sure this Victini was the 'small legendary' of this gen, and i'm sure it will turn out to be an Angel pokemon.

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
I wonder what Telekinesis does, other than make your opponent float?

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
I was thinking it might be similar to the move 'gravity'. Perhaps it makes the opponent resist ground moves but decreases their evasion by 30%.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
So the Pokémon were confirmed with a Jacko pun...groan.
But seriously. That V legend is basically telling Jacko to get bleeped.

fubufubu

On the topic of New York, there is actually two (maybe more) replicas of the Statue of Libery in Japan. I know there is one in Osaka, and one in Shimoda. So for those doubting the basing on New York, it could actually be based on replicas from New York that are in Japan. :)

that makes sense!

DieChavsDie

Why can't Isshu be based off a combination of New York AND Japan?

Heck, there is a LIBERTY ticket paired with an eagle. Be it a crowned eagle or a bald eagle, the bald eagle is the signature animal of the United states and both being an eagle is connection enough.

Just throwing my two cents in on this matter, but the Eagle is also a signature animal of Scotland - does that mean Isshu is based off of Edinburgh? No.

1ee7leader

000? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.