• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel Dragon

If I do get a Victini Im gunna call it Winston after the great Winston Churchill

Grei

not the color
I find it interesting that they've gone back to the 3rd generation trend of using "tickets" to get to certain secret areas lol. I hadn't seen these images but I like the lighthouse image on the ticket, it reminds me of the Olivine Lighthouse in Johto but there's probably no connection between the two. As for the cloud that looks like Victini, that's interesting, kind of like a hidden clue as to what the ticket does.

Actually, I noticed that the Lighthouse seen on that ticket looks a lot like the one in Central-SouthWest Isshu.

http://i29.*******.com/54vig9.png

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
I think I'm missing something. How exactly does Roost prevent a pure flying-type? It's just a move. I'm confused.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I must say i'm liking this Victini guy a lot that V on the top of its head is quite unique and original

I'd imagine seeing as how we seen it at the end of the Movie 14 trailer it will be featured in the move

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Guessing a pokemon's type based off appearance is very tricky, just take a look at how everyone was suprised with the typings for Reshiram and Zekrom. Vicitini could be any variety of types, although flying seems likely.

As far as the pure flying type argument goes, I think the only time we've had a pure flying type was back when there was only one type per pokemon and with Arceus. The chances of Gamefreak giving us a pure flying type seem extremely slim (not impossible, but almost). I'd be willing to bet the discussion about a pure flying type is as old as light type speculation.

"back when there was only one type per pokemon"? Uh, Pokemon have had two types since the very beginning.

Wallaroo42

Knight who says Ni
Fortunately, Gamefreak normally has some sort of reason behind their typings (Reshiram and Zekrom are typed according to their tails), so they shouldn't be going too out of the box with this one.

True, true. But it does seem like they've been stretching it lately just to get unusual typings. Those two certainly broke theme. As long as it's not part steel for no apparent reason I guess I'll be fine. I'm tired of all these steel types that look nothing like steel D:

I suppose the wings could suggest there by a flying type involved. Though from it's looks I have no idea

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
I think I'm missing something. How exactly does Roost prevent a pure flying-type? It's just a move. I'm confused.

I believe it's because when a Normal/Flying type (or any other type combined with Flying) Pokemon uses the move "Roost", they lose their Flying type, and become vulnerable to ground type moves etc, and become a single type Pokemon. The issue here is that if a Pokemon was purely the Flying type, and used the move "Roost", they would theoretically lose their Flying type and become typeless, which is impossible within the game, hence why some believe that "Roost" restricts the possiblility of a pure-Flying typed Pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Actually, I noticed that the Lighthouse seen on that ticket looks a lot like the one in Central-SouthWest Isshu.

I've never even seen the map until now, but that's probably the place on the ticket all right. Funny how there seem to be a lot of ingame events in Generation 5 so far including the Zorua and Zoroark events unlocked by Celebi and the Beasts. Obtaining Victini seems almost too easy, at least that's how I see it haha. I wonder what the connection between that tower and Victini could be. A small legendary found in a tower sounds fishy since it's usually bigger legendary Pokemon who roam towers and dungeons :S

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I believe it's because when a Normal/Flying type (or any other type combined with Flying) Pokemon uses the move "Roost", they lose their Flying type, and become vulnerable to ground type moves etc, and become a single type Pokemon. The issue here is that if a Pokemon was purely the Flying type, and used the move "Roost", they would theoretically lose their Flying type and become typeless, which is impossible within the game, hence why some believe that "Roost" restricts the possiblility of a pure-Flying typed Pokemon.

Couldn't they just make become the ??? type? It is programmed to be neutral to everything if you hack a pokemon to be that type. And I dont think the actual status (as in when you look at the pokemons stats in battle) changes its types, so it wouldnt confuse anyone.

Last edited:

turtwig217

Like everyone else said, it mkes it typeless, which may cause problems I guess, but just like how Sky Plate Arceus is unable to learn Roost, If Victini isn't aloowed the move it wont cause a problem. If hackers wanna screw up their game by giving a Pokemon a movie it cant usually have then that's their loss.

"Roost restores half of the user's maximum HP. If the user is a Flying-type, it will lose its Flying-type (thus being treated as a single-type Pokémon) until the next turn. If a non-Flying-type uses Roost, then there are no additional side-effects."

Straight from Bulbapedia.

Don't mind what type Viktini is. Usually been able to tell with the phantoms (bar Jirachi), but you can't. We'll have to see.

Daisy_Mawile

Pinwheels in the way
Flying? But, butt-wings. As much as I'd love to see the little guy trying to fly with them, I can't quite picture it happening (no pictures of Tails Prower in response please D=).

I could see normal or psychic for it. Maybe fighting at a stretch, but that could be the wishful thinking talking.

The issue here is that if a Pokemon was purely the Flying type, and used the move "Roost", they would theoretically lose their Flying type and become typeless, which is impossible within the game, hence why some believe that "Roost" restricts the possiblility of a pure-Flying typed Pokemon.

Sky-Plate Arceus with Roost (omghax) becomes typeless with no problem. Or so I've heard. It'd be easy enough to test out, though.

Grei

not the color
Sky-Plate Arceus with Roost (omghax) becomes typeless with no problem. Or so I've heard. It'd be easy enough to test out, though.

Exactly. C'mon people, that's not good reasoning against a pure-Flying type. Celebi had wings, yet it wasn't a Flying-type. These wings are small enough to be more for aesthetics than for actual flying.

For some reason I could see it being a Dark-type. Psychic would be boring but I also see that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I've nothing more to add about our little Victini so I think I'll just post my thought on some of the other new Pokemon since I haven't even given them much attention lately. So I'll comment on Miss Big Lips AKA Gochiruzeru:

100px-Gochiruzeru.png

This Lady Gaga look-alike, Gochiruzeru, is just a little too goth for Pokemon, at least I think so. I love the colors used for it's design and her bows especially, but honestly, it looks too human-like. Yes, I know that Jynx is based on a concept similar to gothic fashion and humans but Jynx had a certain je ne sais quoi that made her seem cute and cuddly. Gochiruzeru on the other hand just seems plain human-like, like it could be a Gym Leader or something. Not something I'd wanna see in a forest at night. It looks very much like a model for gothic clothing :p

I'd think the whole victory theme thing would discount dark type.

Or maybe it could be a cunning little guy, tricking us!

And below about Gochiruzeru, I initially thought the exact same thing. It has grown on me a bit, but is my least favourite revealed so far and I am leaning towards White because I much prefer Rankurusu.

Daisy_Mawile

Pinwheels in the way
I'd think the whole victory theme thing would discount dark type.

Or maybe it could be a cunning little guy, tricking us!

Maybe everything that's been revealed about the fifth gen is a giant hoax, and Victini is the Successful Troll Pokémon. That'd merit a dark-type! :D

I am naming mine Appletini.

Last edited:

Kieron

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the cloud formation next to the tower on the Liberty Ticket seems to look just like Victini. Furthermore, seeing as how the other revealed legendaries have been associated with thunderclouds and atmospheric heat, Victini may also be able to affect the environment, via clouds. Or perhaps on the basis of it being an elusive 'phantom' legendary, it could perhaps be able to camouflage itself via clouds, similarly to Shaymin's method of concealment.

Grei

not the color
Sorry if this has already been posted, but the cloud formation next to the tower on the Liberty Ticket seems to look just like Victini. Furthermore, seeing as how the other revealed legendaries have been associated with thunderclouds and atmospheric heat, Victini may also be able to affect the environment, via clouds. Or perhaps on the basis of it being an elusive 'phantom' legendary, it could perhaps be able to camouflage itself via clouds, similarly to Shaymin's method of concealment.

-It has been pointed out before.

-I could understand if Victini is associated with clouds, though I don't think that's the case. The phantom Legendaries are usually not "rulers" of anything, nor are they associated with forces--they exist as Legendaries simply because they're strong and rare.

-Victini is not "THE PHANTOM LEGENDARY", it is "A PHANTOM LEGENDARY". In other words, Phantom Legendary is not referring to Victini's classification as a Pokemon. Phantom Legendary is a term to describe certain types of Legendaries. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Manaphy, Deoxys, Darkrai, and Arceus are all considered "Phantom Legendaries", because Phantom Legendaries are Legendaries that are event-exclusive and are not directly-mentioned in-game (which would sort of make them "secret" Legendaries), yet are still in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.