• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Salamence-

It's not wrong; they filed a trademark for "Chillarmy". Therefore, it is the correct, official romanized spelling of the Japanese name. It does not mean it will be the Engligh name.

But it's from english word, not from japanese word. So why they put Army in his name?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
But it's from english word, not from japanese word. So why they put Army in his name?

I don't know. I'm not qualified to answer the "why's". But I can tell you that Chillarmy is the official spelling of the Japanese name. Confirmed.

-Salamence-

I don't know. I'm not qualified to answer the "why's". But I can tell you that Chillarmy is the official spelling of the Japanese name. Confirmed.

I KNOW this. What I don't understand is what 'Army' has to do with little and soft pokemon like chirami.

Last edited:

Civ-Killer

Die Pikachu, DIE! =D
There might be a different meaning to the "army" bit. Think a bit harder and you might be satisfied. :)

Sabonea_Masukippa

Wargle, Denchula, Deathkarn, all have English components to there names. It's fairly common for the Japanese names to do that. Like NoA does for the English names - keeping Pikachu, Hariyama, Pachirisu, even though the all or partly come from Japanese origins.

Steel Dragon

I KNOW this. What I don't understand is what 'Army' has to do with little and soft pokemon like chirami.

Heres an idea any evolution of Chillarmy (if it gets one) could be big and bulky like someone in the army. Very unlikely I know.

turtwig217

Well, my first thought when I heard Chillarmy was of course Chinchilla, then charmy. Makes a little more sense, no? Unless there's some confirmation of what it's based off of?

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
Well, my first thought when I heard Chillarmy was of course Chinchilla, then charmy. Makes a little more sense, no? Unless there's some confirmation of what it's based off of?

Agreed. I cannot understand why people are focussing on the "army" part of it's name, as it's name is clearly derived from the word "chinchilla", henceit's the "my" part of it's name that has unclear bases.

Chillarmy

Chilla-r-my

Not Chill-army

Thus I don't believe it has anything to do with the army.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Chillarmy? I like the old name better. This new official Romanized name just makes me think of an army of furry chinichilla's. I like Chillarmy's design though, regardless of how it'll be called in Japan (I expect the name to change when it arrives in the US). So is Chillarmy supposed to be this generation's "Starter Rat" like Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, and Bidoof?

00wazzy

Chillarmy? I like the old name better. This new official Romanized name just makes me think of an army of furry chinichilla's. I like Chillarmy's design though, regardless of how it'll be called in Japan (I expect the name to change when it arrives in the US). So is Chillarmy supposed to be this generation's "Starter Rat" like Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, and Bidoof?

I don't think so. I think that Chimpunk Lookout Pokemon is more than likely the starter rat.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Na, Minezumi gets that honour

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Na, Minezumi gets that honour

Danitsku

I know I'm being picky but, Chillarmy is not the official English name - it's the official romanization of the Japanese name.

So it's

チラーミィ --> Chiraamii --> Chillarmy --> ???

In the same way that it's:

バリヤード --> Bariyaado --> Barrierd --> Mr.Mime

Ehhh. Not being picky. I just screwed up. Thank you for clearing it up for me. ^_^

00wazzy

JUST THROWING THIS OUT THERE BUT!!!

See those wing-like apparatus on Victini's butt? WELL! They look a bit angelic.

I think that is because he is partially based off of the Greek Goddess Nike, who also sported angelic wings. Why did I come to this, you may ask? Well, Nike was the Goddess of Victory. (Also named Victoria in Roman Mythology)

She is also responsible for the name of shoes.

WAZ'S FUN FACT OF THE DAY!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Minezumi, Minezumi....the Chipmunk look-alike? I thought maybe it was a little too much like Sentret since they both serve as lookouts for their species but I think Chillarmy would suit that position better. I'm kind of tired of seeing brown mice all over the place when you start the newer games. I'll take the chance to comment more on Minezumi; it's eyes are bugging out, a trend in this generation I believe. I'm going to assume that's because, unlike Sentret who uses it's ears to hear enemies, Minezumi uses it's eyes to spot enemies. Still creepy though.

Hmm, anyway, wonder if Chillarmy is this generation's Buneary. I can see it now, Pikachu falling for Chillarmy in the same fashion Buneary fell for Pikachu...

Status
Not open for further replies.