• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I love the deer pokemon so adorable i hope its not a stantler prevo i would love to see a new kind of deer :D

gliscor&yanmega

I'm kind of hoping for a Dark, Fighting, Psychic dual types for the starters(In second or final evolution).

Tsutaja would be Grass/Dark

Pokabu would be Fire/Psychic

Mijumaru would be Water/Fighting

That way they all have an advantage over each other because:
Grass > Water > Fire > Grass, and Dark > Fighting > Psychic > Dark.

So Tsutaja would at first be strong against Mijumaru but weak to Pokabu. Pokabu would at first be strong against Tsutaja but weak to Mijumaru. And Mijumaru would at first be strong against Pokabu and weak to Tsutaja. But then, Tsutaja now has a strength over Pokabu and a weakness to Mijumaru. Pokabu now has a strength over Mijumaru and a weakness to Tsutaja. And Mijumaru now has a strength over Tsutaja and a weakness to Pokabu.

It probably wont happen but it seems interesting in my opinion.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
The Dragon-type is such a super-powered type, though. It really is a powerful type, and even with a 4x weakness to Ice, Tsutarja may not be doomed to disuse if it had the Dragon type as it's Secondary type.

However, it's far more likely to be doomed to disuse if it becomes Grass/Flying. Flying isn't nearly as powerful as Dragon.

Salamence and Garchomp both had a 4x weakness to Ice, and yet are often called among some of the strongest Pokemon in the game, if used right.

A 4x Weakness to Ice does not immediately doom it to misuse.

ijea4444

I'm kind of hoping for a Dark, Fighting, Psychic dual types for the starters(In second or final evolution).

Tsutaja would be Grass/Dark

Pokabu would be Fire/Psychic

Mijumaru would be Water/Fighting

That way they all have an advantage over each other because:
Grass > Water > Fire > Grass, and Dark > Fighting > Psychic > Dark.

So Tsutaja would at first be strong against Mijumaru but weak to Pokabu. Pokabu would at first be strong against Tsutaja but weak to Mijumaru. And Mijumaru would at first be strong against Pokabu and weak to Tsutaja. But then, Tsutaja now has a strength over Pokabu and a weakness to Mijumaru. Pokabu now has a strength over Mijumaru and a weakness to Tsutaja. And Mijumaru now has a strength over Tsutaja and a weakness to Pokabu.

It probably wont happen but it seems interesting in my opinion.

I really wouldn't care if pokabu evolved into a psychic type, but my problem would be others. Theres enough complainers as it is about it being a pig, and I can just see the floods of useless complaints of it being too much like grumpig.

And this "unfair" stuff with type advantages is useless. They made infernape a fire fighting type, meaning it has an advantage over both Torterra and Empoleon. Theres no saying "unfair typing" could rule out anything just yet.

Grei

not the color
Salamence and Garchomp both had a 4x weakness to Ice, and yet are often called among some of the strongest Pokemon in the game, if used right.

A 4x Weakness to Ice does not immediately doom it to misuse.

That's what I'm saying. Tsutarja may get a 4x weakness to Ice with Dragon as it's Secondary typing, but that doesn't mean it automatically won't be useful.

I'm also saying that the chances of it not being useful increase as soon as it gets the Flying-type. Flying is naturally (and generally) not as powerful as Dragon is.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
And this "unfair" stuff with type advantages is useless. They made infernape a fire fighting type, meaning it has an advantage over both Torterra and Empoleon. Theres no saying "unfair typing" could rule out anything just yet.

Fighting > Steel but Water > Fire. Fire > Grass but Ground > Fighting.

Infernape didn't have any super-special advantage. Actually, if any of the three had a type-advantage to each other, it was Torterra who is only weak to Fire out of the four different types.

I'm also saying that the chances of it not being useful increase as soon as it gets the Flying-type. Flying is naturally (and generally) not as powerful as Dragon is.

No but Flying is a more plausible secondary type for a starter Pokemon.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

I really wouldn't care if pokabu evolved into a psychic type, but my problem would be others. Theres enough complainers as it is about it being a pig, and I can just see the floods of useless complaints of it being too much like grumpig.

I don't see how people could compare it to Grumpig, for one thing it would be part Fire type. Plus it could end up looking very different from it, if people will still complain about it being too much like Grumpig then...well I just wouldn't understand them.

Infernape didn't have any super-special advantage. Actually, if any of the three had a type-advantage to each other, it was Torterra who is only weak to Fire out of the four different types.

Then you realize Infernape has 108 Base Speed and that not even Empoleon's Aqua Jet can OHKO it.

Game Freak only cares about the primary typing. Anything else, from secondary typing to movepool to stats, is, well, secondary. If they can find some kind of balance then good, if they can't, well, tough luck.

ijea4444

Super-special o.0

Infernape has the speed, the strength, and the move capabilities to OHKO both Empoleon(CC ) and Torterra(pick your fire type attack) with his STAB moves.

I don't see how people could compare it to Grumpig, for one thing it would be part Fire type. Plus it could end up looking very different from it, if people will still complain about it being too much like Grumpig then...well I just wouldn't understand them.
>.> You are seriously underestimating what kind of stupid stuff people are willing to complain about. Being the in the anime spoilers forum and the whole Iris controversy I thought you would understand.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
All these statistics are starting to confuse me :S

hihidaruma.gif

This is the only Pokemon I haven't commented on. Why? I think it's probably the weirdest one, design-wise and it wasn't even on my radar until recently. My first thought was that it was either: a) a Pokabu evolutionary form of some sort, most likely the middle form or b) it was somehow related to Mankey's or Slakoth's line since it looks like an ape or something, so physically fit. Anyway, Hihidaruma really is quite a sight to behold, I mean it looks kind of enraged about something since it's apparently breathing hard. It's eyes are also bugging out just like Victini's. Minezumi's, and Miruhoggu's. It reminds me of Hawaii or a southern Pacific island for some reason, probably because of the fire/volcano reference in it's design and because it's eyes look like those on a Tiki.

HokkaidoMaster

To be perfectly honest, all three Sinnoh starters can beat each other. Infernape is Fire/Fighting. Torterra is Grass/Ground. Empoleon is Water/Steel. Infernape can beat Torterra with a Fire STAB like Flare Blitz, and Empoleon with a Fighting STAB like Close Combat. Torterra stomps Infernape with Earthquake, and can KO Empoleon with Leaf Strom or any other powerful Grass move. Empoleon has access to Drill Peck and Ice Beam for Torterra, and any powerful Water move or Drill Peck for Infernape.

I don't know about you, but that sounds like balance to me.

Grei

not the color
I personally really like Hihidaruma. I think that it's design is really awesome. It's based on the concept of an ape, but with the features of a daruma doll (it's general shape and face) and oven (referencing it's type and possibly it's chest markings). It's name also contains the word for fire, I believe. It's such an awesome name for a very intuitive Pokemon, if you ask me.

Not that anyone asked me.

Unfortunately. Though I don't think Grass/Dragon is impossible. Looking at it's middle stage, it's getting leaf-shaped scales up it's tail, much like a dragon. While it could also belong to a large lizard, I think it's becoming more dragon-like. That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be flying, but I do believe it's getting more draconian in general.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Game Freak only cares about the primary typing. Anything else, from secondary typing to movepool to stats, is, well, secondary. If they can find some kind of balance then good, if they can't, well, tough luck.

No.

All else being equal, an attack will not deal any less damage coming from a Pokemon with a "secondary" typing being Fighting, when compared to a Pokemon with a "primary" typing being Fighting.

The same holds true for defensive typing. It will take the same damage if it's Fire/Fighting, as it would if it's Fighting/Fire.

rocky505

Pokabu better not be fire/psychic or people will start calling it a ripoff spoink/grumpig. Pokabu should stay pure fire or be fire/dark.

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
Unfortunately. Though I don't think Grass/Dragon is impossible. Looking at it's middle stage, it's getting leaf-shaped scales up it's tail, much like a dragon. While it could also belong to a large lizard, I think it's becoming more dragon-like. That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be flying, but I do believe it's getting more draconian in general.

Grass/Dragon is possible but we also have to keep in mind that what ever Pokabu's (fire pig....) final evo is has to be able to defeat it. If pokabu's final evo is part flying then dragon is completely possible but I see it's final evo more of a ground/fire type imo.

On another topic...
Anyone else think the new stork pokemon may be anouther evo for wingull? Peliper and it share similar characteristics including blue feet and similar eyes... perhaps it'll be what the female wingull can evolve into.

gliscor&yanmega

>.> You are seriously underestimating what kind of stupid stuff people are willing to complain about. Being the in the anime spoilers forum and the whole Iris controversy I thought you would understand.

Well I know there are people who will complain just about everything, I just don't understand why. I find complaining about shows, games, etc... rather pointless. I usually look on the bright side to shows and that, and find the things I like about it, but usually I either like something or I don't, so the things I like I can rarely find anything I don't like that I could complain about, and if there was I wouldn't bother to complain about it.

There is just a lot of people who think they know what's best for a show or game when they don't really understand anything about it. I say just accept what you get from it or stop watching/playing. It's even more annoying when someone says they find a show or game stupid/bad but continue to watch/play it, if it was really that bad you wouldn't be taking part in it. I could go on and on about this but I rather not(Don't really want to get into a big pointless argument with someone)

Anyways, on topic-I think my favorite 5th gen Pokemon right now is Meguroko. It has a typing no other Pokemon has(So far), it's a Crocodile(I love reptiles), and it looks cute yet deadly. I also like the new ability it has, Earthquake Spiral/Overconfidence(I prefer Earthquake Spiral since it suits it better in my opinion), gaining more Attack when ever you defeat a Pokemon is perfect in my eyes. I'm guessing it's best stat would be Attack, it probably will have a good Defense too, and I think Crocodiles are fast(When they want to be) so I could see it having a good speed as well. Can't wait to know what it's English name will be, it and Totodile have the same last part in their name(Oko) so I guess it would have "dile" at the end.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I personally really like Hihidaruma. I think that it's design is really awesome. It's based on the concept of an ape, but with the features of a daruma doll (it's general shape and face) and oven (referencing it's type and possibly it's chest markings). It's name also contains the word for fire, I believe. It's such an awesome name for a very intuitive Pokemon, if you ask me.

Not that anyone asked me.

The ape concept was pretty easy to see, since it's obviously crouching on it's knuckles lol. But I've never seen a daruma doll, I've heard the name somewhere before but I don't recall what one looks like. Oven is kind of odd though, even if it does refer to it's Fire typing. Hihidaruma having the Japanese word for "fire" in it's name is actually pretty unsurprising to me. I think 90% of fire types have the Japanese word for "fire" in their names or something like that. "Hi" means fire unless I'm wrong. And I do value your input regardless, otherwise I would've been lost :p

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
My first thought was that it was either: a) a Pokabu evolutionary form of some sort, most likely the middle form or b) it was somehow related to Mankey's or Slakoth's line since it looks like an ape or something, so physically fit. It reminds me of Hawaii or a southern Pacific island for some reason, probably because of the fire/volcano reference in it's design and because it's eyes look like those on a Tiki.

Oh really? Because the only thing I think of when I see this Pokemon is Dr. Eggman. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.