• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oboy170

Lord Blade
I must say I like the owl. It looks like it could have a cool evolved form. Does anyone know if there are more scans coming?

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I must say I like the owl. It looks like it could have a cool evolved form. Does anyone know if there are more scans coming?

Hopefully tonight. :)

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
That Owl just ain't right, it looks like someone chopped off Venusaurs plant and stuck it on top of a Hoot-Hoot, and then spray painted it green. Fail!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Just saw 3 new silhouttes on PK Sunday one was Gigatsu the other two i dont really get what they were but one didnt remind of anything we have seen.

Hmmm...

Emonga: I actually like this one, which is weird because I usually hate the pika-clones.
Darumakka: I REALLY like this one, but there's a very strong possibility that it evolves into Hihidaruma which I don't really like as much. When the game comes out in the U.S. I might just get one and not bother evolving it. :p
Shikijika: A lot of people think it's too gimmicky, but I think the seasonal forms are kind of cool. It's still not my favorite of the Pokemon that have been revealed so far though.
Gigaiasu: I really don't give a crap about this one.
"That one plant thing": This is my absolute favorite of all the Pokemon that have been released this week. I don't get why people hate it so much. :/

Last edited:

sebby

Pokemon Breeder
for some reason i think Emonga could be the evolved form of the notched ear pichu you get from heart gold / soul silver .....

really like the new pokemon ...cant wait to get the new game ....

Flamin_Lumineon

~Shiny Hunter~
for some reason i think Emonga could be the evolved form of the notched ear pichu you get from heart gold / soul silver .....

Even though I think it is probably not it's evolved form, that is a great idea. I would love to see Spiky Eared Pichu as wild pokemon in the 5th generation with a new evolution. :)

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
I really like Emonga. I'm not too sure about it's sprite, but I'll get over that. I really like the Electric/Flying combination, only downside is that it's likely to be a stand-alone Pokemon, and it's highly unlikely that it'll have good stats, and thus it's a shame, but I'll be very unlikely to use it on my team. Unless GameFreak, break their trend and give it an evolution, with stats at least similar to that of Raichu.

Darumakka looks like a severed head. I don't really like it, but I don't dislike it. I won't be using it on my team, hence I am very neutral towards it. It's just another Pokedex space to be filled.

Shikijika changing with the seasons is cool, but again, I really couldn't care less about it. I think it'd be interesting if it's stats were affected by the season, and if it had a split evolution depending on the season it was evolved in.

The Sugomori art for Gigaiasu makes it look a lot better than the original pictures of it did, but I still don't really like it's design. Unless it has a really kick-*** evolution, I highly doubt I will use it.

That plant-thing is perhaps the worst design I have ever seen for a Pokemon, I absolutely hate it.

Last edited:

tom-tom

Furret <3
Emonga: This one is pretty much pure awesome.
Darumakka: A cute little fire thing? I like it, surprisingly.
Shikijika: I really like it, the seasonal colors are much better too.
Gigaiasu: He is a bit dumb, but definitely not the worst to come out so far.
"Plant-Owl": Looks like an Ivysaur/Venusaur mixed with Hoothoot.

Grei

not the color
hmmm, Mamanboo's abilities don't seem to match Luvdisc's

are they really related?

It's been discussed already. Luvdisc could easily get the Greedy Heart ability, because it's a new ability (and old Pokemon can easily get new abilities). Swift Swim could turn into Hydration.

Or, Luvdisc could be untouched ability-wise and simply gains one of two abilities upon evolving. Regardless, it's not as if heart-shaped fish are real-life animals, so I doubt they'd make two heart-shaped fish Pokemon.

[Super_Fjord]

Is a college kid.

Well, an interesting idea, but unless Pichu gets a split evolution (unlikely), it will only evolve into a Pikachu whenever it evolves.

And on the "owl"... It looks more like a bulb with a flower sprouting from the top, leaves on its sides, and roots protruding from the bottom. And I have a feeling that the 'beak' is actually just a V-style mouth (like Mijumaru).

Lukah

http://i38.*******.com/2hxp1c9.png

How is it that Serebii has this information, if the only thing they showed at Pokémon Sunday was the silhouettes?
Is Serebii Upholding info from us?

Now they took this infos off. Why's that, huh?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
How is it that Serebii has this information, if the only thing they showed at Pokémon Sunday was the silhouettes?
Is Serebii Upholding info from us?

Now they took this infos off. Why's that, huh?

Apparantly Serebii knows a lot more than he lets on....

Diago on Pokejungle said:
Wait a minute.

You’re telling me Serebii already has the information and he just chooses not to leak it all right away?

Pokejungle in response said:
You did not know this? o_o; It has always been that way. He simply gives us information when it leaks out in other sources so it looks inconspicuous. He gets it directly from people who are close to Nintendo, Pokemon, etc. If he gives information as soon as he gets it (ie: super early) they won’t leak anything to him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.