• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Well, it's already grass/bug. It's very unlikely to lose the typing, but it's possible that it could get a type change. The question is, what viable evolution would justify such...?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
front page says they get new abilities.

I'm thiking-Squirtle-Swift Swim/Battle Armor/some new ability.
Chrmander-Flash Fire/Some new ability
Bulbasuar-Chlorophyl/Solar Power/Effect Spore/Some New ability.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope they give the starters new abilities all together, but I could deal with a swift swim squirtle.

Do you mean the Isshu Starters like Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru or the older starters? Because I'm pretty sure those keep the old Overgrow, Blaze, and Torrent abilities. And no, I doubt you can catch them in the Dream World, that seems to be the case for the older Pokemon, not the newer ones.

Wow, this game is going to be the best ever, and i doubted it at first, but they are paying attention to all those old pokemon! Sturdy is great now, and these new abilities make the 'dream world' a better place. I would've never entered the dream world if it wasn't for these abilities that they handout (and the berries of course). But it'll better not be swift swim or another ability that relies on weather. because they are kinda useless in competive battle (I know, you 'can' build a perfect team around it,blablabla).

I'm pretty exited for these games to come out, they seem to have add a lot more since last generation. Only thing i want now is a tropius evolution:p

R_N

Wow, this game is going to be the best ever, and i doubted it at first, but they are paying attention to all those old pokemon! Sturdy is great now, and these new abilities make the 'dream world' a better place. I would've never entered the dream world if it wasn't for these abilities that they handout (and the berries of course). But it'll better not be swift swim or another ability that relies on weather. because they are kinda useless in competive battle (I know, you 'can' build a perfect team around it,blablabla).

I'm pretty exited for these games to come out, they seem to have add a lot more since last generation. Only thing i want now is a tropius evolution:p

Actually, Smogon is all excited over things like Ice Body Glaceon and Hydration Vaporeon, and the Sand <x> abilities of the mole, and are already planning a good Swift Swim Blastoise set.

I hope that these abilities are "normal" for the starters now. So if you transfer them over rather then dream world, or get one from the dream world, you can breed and still have a chance for the ability.

Actually, Smogon is all excited over things like Ice Body Glaceon and Hydration Vaporeon, and the Sand <x> abilities of the mole, and are already planning a good Swift Swim Blastoise set.

I hope that these abilities are "normal" for the starters now. So if you transfer them over rather then dream world, or get one from the dream world, you can breed and still have a chance for the ability.

Yes but i meant the sun/rain only:p sand and ice are well integrated so I'm also exited about the sand throw and stuff.

And I do think you can pass abilities, because the dream world would be useless otherwise. But it makes sence if they would only be passed down when you're breeding. Maybe we get an item that passes abilities down? We can only guess.

R_N

Yes but i meant the sun/rain only:p sand and ice are well integrated so I'm also exited about the sand throw and stuff.

And I do think you can pass abilities, because the dream world would be useless otherwise. But it makes sence if they would only be passed down when you're breeding. Maybe we get an item that passes abilities down? We can only guess.

Orrrr it works the moment you try breeding them in BW?
DP gave several Pokemon with only one ability in Gen 3 another ability, nothing special was needed to pass them down.

ForteAnly

I'm very excited for the Kanto starter's getting new abilities. I hope it benefits them though and just give some crappy ability. Maybe Charizard might finally excape NU to at least UU. Swift Swim Blastoise would be a beast in the rain. I love the kanto starters.

R_N

I'm very excited for the Kanto starter's getting new abilities. I hope it benefits them though and just give some crappy ability. Maybe Charizard might finally excape NU to at least UU. Swift Swim Blastoise would be a beast in the rain. I love the kanto starters.

Charizard moving up probably isn't going to happen barring a Stealth Rocks nerf

ForteAnly

Charizard moving up probably isn't going to happen barring a Stealth Rocks nerf

That is true but you never know. Charizard can still obtain a good ability that would increase it's usage to leave NU despite the stealth rock weakness. I'm just being wishful though.

Lorde

Huh, I just noticed something odd about Shimama. It's "horn" or that tip of it's head is yellow in that one image on the main site. Is that a coloration error or does it light up when Shimama attacks using an Electric type move? It would be cool if it happened with other Pokemon too.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
or an ability/ item negting them (Like an Iron Boot, prevents whirlwind/roar, and protects from entry hazards)

Shimama's hair lights up with static as part of it's animation.

Glitter!

Glam Trainer
Huh, I just noticed something odd about Shimama. It's "horn" or that tip of it's head is yellow in that one image on the main site. Is that a coloration error or does it light up when Shimama attacks using an Electric type move? It would be cool if it happened with other Pokemon too.

It does light up.
You know, Shimama has really grown on me, I'm sure I'll have it in my team ♥

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Last edited:

Lorde

Shimama's hair lights up with static as part of it's animation.

It does light up.
You know, Shimama has really grown on me, I'm sure I'll have it in my team ♥

No it's part of it's animation it flashes yellow during battle =)

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=0nwS6ZrDcv8

Nevermind then, I thought it was an error or something that happened with a lot of Pokemon while they attacked. I'm guessing it'll happen with some of the other Electric types but not many other Pokemon. I'm kind of surprised with the amount of detail Game Freak's put in the Isshu Pokemon sprites. Not only do they move around, but they've added things like flashes of light and other cool things. It makes the Pokemon seem more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.