• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Ahhhh, I can't tell you how glad I am to finally get rid of that ugly question mark in my sig :D

Looks like a Grass-type Aipom... huh. Looks leaner than his toy made him appear. (Personally, I think the toy was cuter...)

So... Yanappu, eh? Guess its not Burokko. Should the name be romanized as Yanap, as Perappu -> Perap?

Acrobat clearly is a move that can hit Pokemon in the back during a rotation battle. I'd guess Normal type.

And they say someone owns this Pokemon... gotta be Dento.

The romanization takes the "Yana" as willow and the "appu" as ape.

So, basically, Willowape.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Awwww he's so cute. O.e so we got 2 new apes/monkeys another fire monkey (HIhidaurma) and this little guy

omg i want to cuddle the monkey broccoli it all day and chew on that thing on its head o.e

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I personally imagine Acrobat could be a bug-move, just look at U-Turn.

Possibly. (I never understood why U-Turn (JP name: Somersault) was Bug anyway)

It could be Fire, Ice, Poison, Flying, or Bug. Of those, only Bug and Flying make any sense. So it's either Bug or Flying. Personally, I'd guess Flying.

EDIT: Serebii updated main page. Acrobat also doubles in power if the user has no hold item. Makes sense I guess. I hope the English name stays Acrobat.

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating

It could be Fire, Ice, Poison, Flying, or Bug. Of those, only Bug and Flying make any sense. So it's either Bug or Flying. Personally, I'd guess Flying.

EDIT: Serebii updated main page. Acrobat also doubles in power if the user has no hold item. Makes sense I guess. I hope the English name stays Acrobat.

No...hold item?

Stupid, useless monkey...

gliscor&yanmega

I'm not sure why U-Turn is a Bug type move, but I'm sure it could be explained. Maybe Bugs are known for making U-Turns a lot of the time?

As for Acrobat, I'm pretty sure Flying makes the most sense. I think Acrobatics is something along of being flexible, having good balance, that kind of stuff. I think it's seen a lot on tightrope walking and that's high above the ground. I'm not really explaining it good but I think it would be Flying.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yanappu's the name of the grass monkey?

Yes sir, which is what we're discussing. That and it's ability, moves, type, and other stuff. It's kind of neat too.

Anyway, someone said it's name is based on the words "willow" and "ape". So then is that green thing on it's head a tree and not broccoli as we assumed?

Hey guys someone on Smogon has just pointed out that Gluttony and Acrobat have perfect synergy.

Now we just need Belly Drum on Yanappu and we'll be set.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
LOL, I think it's all kinds of badass, now we need a water ape and we're set.

He's adorable and there's much talk he's Dento's in the animé! Hopefully he has a Tarzan like evolution!

Icing Sugar

Yes sir, which is what we're discussing. That and it's ability, moves, type, and other stuff. It's kind of neat too.

Anyway, someone said it's name is based on the words "willow" and "ape". So then is that green thing on it's head a tree and not broccoli as we assumed?
Well, both the broccoli and the tree are plants :S

martinn94

Prepare For Trouble
Yanappu is my new favorite! Hopefully he either is strong on his own or turn into some gorilla tree!

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Yanappu looks like a Monforno copy-cat.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, both the broccoli and the tree are plants :S

Just because they're plants, doesn't mean they're the same thing though. I was asking specifically because we've been calling it a broccoli monkey for a while because of it's green head piece and now we learn it's name is derived from something else. I was wondering if Yanappu's head piece is supposed to be a tree or broccoli. Trees have trunks but that green thing doesn't appear to be a trunk. More like a stem, a really small stem. Maybe other people don't see it but I was wondering if I was alone.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
Hey guys someone on Smogon has just pointed out that Gluttony and Acrobat have perfect synergy.
What exactly does Gluttony do? I keep hearing people say things like this but I haven't seen the ability explained anywhere.

Last edited:

SmartD

The new monkey Pokemon looks like a piece of broccoli. But it's cute in it's own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.