• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightTales

Hound Trainer
Or Mightyena or Delcatty sucker punching
On bulbapeda it said that sucker punch doesnt really mean punching but i too dont like that name

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
On bulbapeda it said that sucker punch doesnt really mean punching but i too dont like that name

Point taken, but it then follows that a lot of moves that don't sound like a quadruped could be able to use them is also a matter of translation. ;) My overarching point is that a quadrupedal fighting type wouldn't be the first user of attacks unexpected for its body type.

FluffyHoundour

I think from studying them more, that SmugLeaf and Wotter are my favorite designs. Pokabu just makes me sad. :( I was going to start with him and I was hoping that he'd evolve into a flaming boar or something cool like that. In all honesty I find his design rather hideous, it reminds me of the Infernape line which I hated in Gen IV. I hope that they're fake because I'm holding out hope for a good Pokabu evo line, but if they're real I'll have to switch my starter.

erebus

I'm hoping that the last evolved forms of the grass and water starters are real 'coz they kick arse, but I'm hoping that the stage two forms for the grass + water are fake 'coz... well... they don't kick arse. However, I could 'learn to live with' (hate this phrase, but it seemed applicable here!) the designs of the second stage grass + water pokemon.

The fire starter’s second and final form designs OTOH... 0_o

But what are the chances of some designs being real and others being fake? Chances are that they'll either ALL be fake, OR they'll ALL be real! No picking - no choosing.

Oh well, I could always hope (but what's the use?).

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Tsu2 and Miju's 2nd form's are real, though they could be coloured differently. Since they are shown on the Beta sheet looking exactly like they do in these pics...and that doesn't mean that the other evolutions are real because of that.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
I'm hoping that the last evolved forms of the grass and water starters are real 'coz they kick arse, but I'm hoping that the stage two forms for the grass + water are fake 'coz... well... they don't kick arse. However, I could 'learn to live with' (hate this phrase, but it seemed applicable here!) the designs of the second stage grass + water pokemon.

The fire starter’s second and final form designs OTOH... 0_o

But what are the chances of some designs being real and others being fake? Chances are that they'll either ALL be fake, OR they'll ALL be real! No picking - no choosing.

Oh well, I could always hope (but what's the use?).

The second stage water and grass are real, old top. It was revealed (don't dispute this, Serebii, you know it's true) in leaked beta artwork which we weren't meant to see... but we saw it.

Slimslamer

These new evolutions are the most brazen fakes yet. The secondary forms (save for pokabus) are real because that information had linked previously, but that's it.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I actually really like all the evolutions. They are really nice. I don't know if their fake or not but if they are real I can definitely live with them.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Firmly in the 'think they're fake' circle over here. They just don't look quite legit to me.

But...

While I do like the supposed final forms of Smugleaf and Wotter, Pignite's final nearly made me scream. So maybe the first two's final forms could be similar, but I would be sorely disappointed if Pokabu becomes a Ryperior knock-off.

Sponge

Apparently (well according to pokejungle) the guy that made these admitted to doing it.

I didn't think they were real either, Mijumaru's change was just too crazy...

Did anyone else notice Mizemuzi evolved at level 8?
Wow so technically we will probably have Mirohoggus by the first gym...

Maybe it only passed to level 8 and then they cut off to its evolution already? Probably the voice was saying "after battle you receive EXP Points; after receiving enough EXP Points, your pokémon will level up, and some pokémon might evolve after reaching a certain level omg kawaii desu ne~~".

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
\0/ \0/

Happy customer here, Kishiishisihisiihisihisihishi.

We can dream of a world when the Mijumarus evolutions will be Samurais again.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Well according to PokeJungle these are fakes. http://pokejungle.net/2010/09/01/starter-evolutions-fake/

If they turn out to be real then color me disappointed with the pokabu evos. I am hoping it turns out to be some sort of flaming boar and not some flaming wrestling pig. Smugleaf has a cool Evo and Wotter just looks like a Sea Unicorn or something..

I'm gonna agree with PokeJungle and say these are fake.

-;248;

Mamoswine Power

So the grass and water designs look awesome imo.Would be very happy if these turned out to be real.The final fire design looks like the honey monster on fire.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
Apparently (well according to pokejungle) the guy that made these admitted to doing it.

I didn't think they were real either, Mijumaru's change was just too crazy...

Well, that settles that. Of course, all of us knew it all along, right guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.