• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Will we know the number of new pokemon ( apart from the video which mentioned 100 + , vague ) released before the 18th of September?

It's possible we'll know everything about the knew Pokemon before the 18th, not just how many of them there are.

and have they ever release that number before the game's release?

Not officially, no.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Well, I won't be on the computer from the 13th till the 23rd so I'm hoping for some leaks before then haha.

Maybe it isn't, but I'm saying it looks almost exactly like a Dragonite. I really don't see any differences between a Dragonite and that skeleton.

Really? I have no idea where any of you are seeing any resemblance between that thing and Dragonite. When I first saw it, I couldn't relate its appearance to that of any currently revealed Pokemon.
To me, it looks like a giant crustacean; which would be appropriate as a prehistoric Pokemon (I know, crustaceans don't have skeletons; you don't need to tell me). The two massive bones (or exoskeletons, if it is actually a crustacean after all) looping around the front aren't ribs; they're arms. Look at them: at the ends they have crablike claws; they are too wide to be the ribs of any bipedal Pokemon (except a Snorlax); and there are only two of them; if they were ribs there would be a couple other pairs of them above and/or below them with similar diameters.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
are people still on the skeleton thing...sigh...can people just let it go until the games?
But, people say its a Dragonite...why exactly would Plasma be wanting a Dragonite Skull...It's most likely Zekrom/Reshiram...

Example, the statue in DP didn't look like either Dialga or Palkia...

ANYWAY...that new Pokemon in the Musical, for some reason whenever I look at it I get a kung Fu Panda feel lol...could be the karate outfit (kinda looks like its part of the pokemon) but I still get a Panda feel from it...or some kinda ape/bear...

SteelArson

The subject has probably long been discussed, but i haven't been here for ages so i thought i'd comment anyhow...

I knew those final starter evo's were fake as soon as i saw them, you can tell from a few details.
firstly the fire evo is exactly the same shape as rhyperior and the grass evo is the same shape as Milotic, now from what GF have done in the past there is almost no way that the starters from this gen would that closely resemble any previous pokemon.
As for the water evo, the jump from 2nd to 3rd stage is way to mahusive, it goes from a bipedal otter to some sort of deformed lapras otter robot thing, the line are meant to be otters not sea monsters, so i recon the water starters will go in a similar direction to the cyndaquil line, the final evo will be a somewhat bulky bipedal otter type thing.

Thats just my two cents, i would comment on other revealed aspects, but spoilers!!, im saving myself for the game itself =P

Ps, in my opinion those fake evo's sucked!

Sabonea Masukippa, I thought the Pokemon you turned into was a Machop? Was that not said somewhere? I'm pretty sure it was on one of the "main" B/W news sites (Serebii, Pokebeach, Bulbapedia and Pokejungle) that they said that...

It is NOT Dragonite. It's most likely either a new fossil Pokemon or Zekky/Reshi.

Well, it's not long to go now! Two weeks (According to Bulbapedia's countdown thingy).

Chimchar15

The subject has probably long been discussed, but i haven't been here for ages so i thought i'd comment anyhow...

I knew those final starter evo's were fake as soon as i saw them, you can tell from a few details.
firstly the fire evo is exactly the same shape as rhyperior and the grass evo is the same shape as Milotic, now from what GF have done in the past there is almost no way that the starters from this gen would that closely resemble any previous pokemon.
As for the water evo, the jump from 2nd to 3rd stage is way to mahusive, it goes from a bipedal otter to some sort of deformed lapras otter robot thing, the line are meant to be otters not sea monsters, so i recon the water starters will go in a similar direction to the cyndaquil line, the final evo will be a somewhat bulky bipedal otter type thing.

Thats just my two cents, i would comment on other revealed aspects, but spoilers!!, im saving myself for the game itself =P

Ps, in my opinion those fake evo's sucked!

Well just so you know they're not confirmed fake anymore. They are back to up in the air because the person who confessed had no legitamate proof of them being fake. So they could still be real. I don't mind either way because I liked them but if they're fake I can get over them. It's funny how whenever people don't like how a Pokemon may look they start to doubt whether they're real or not. Like when the starters were revealed, people started yelling fake because they didn't like them. If these guys are real you guys will just have to accept it as with every other generation.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Sabonea Masukippa, I thought the Pokemon you turned into was a Machop? Was that not said somewhere? I'm pretty sure it was on one of the "main" B/W news sites (Serebii, Pokebeach, Bulbapedia and Pokejungle) that they said that...

Errr...yes...I'm not sure what you're referencing, but yes. You do turn into Machop as a part of the highlink. If you're talking about overworlds, well yes, I didn't count Machop because it's old and thus comes under the banner of needing to be in the game anyway for the Dream world area.

Well just so you know they're not confirmed fake anymore. They are back to up in the air because the person who confessed had no legitamate proof of them being fake. So they could still be real. I don't mind either way because I liked them but if they're fake I can get over them. It's funny how whenever people don't like how a Pokemon may look they start to doubt whether they're real or not. Like when the starters were revealed, people started yelling fake because they didn't like them. If these guys are real you guys will just have to accept it as with every other generation.

If anything that everyone seems to be complaining says what we all know deep down; there's a big possibility these are real. As a fandom we tend to only complain about Pokemon we know are real, especially starters.

Last edited:

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
I still think and hope they're fake. But I know that even if they're real, we'll get used to it.

And besides, Smugleaf's final evo is boss.

And it could always be a reverse-reverse troll, you know?

Ken Vanguine

Epic Trainer
i cant believe you people think fr a second that those starter evos are real...
like seriously guys? ugh. i get frustrated every time i come on this stupid forum.

Chimchar15

i cant believe you people think fr a second that those starter evos are real...
like seriously guys? ugh. i get frustrated every time i come on this stupid forum.

Then don't come. There have been plenty of times where people didn't want to believe a pokemon was real and it turned out to be real. So this could or could not be one of those cases. Like I said either way I and mostly likely everyone else will eventually get used to the starters evolved forms whether it's these guys or not.

Chardan

If anything that everyone seems to be complaining says what we all know deep down; there's a big possibility these are real. As a fandom we tend to only complain about Pokemon we know are real, especially starters.

Yeah, thats a pretty valid point actually. I guess I'm not opposed to them being real, as I like the designs of all the final starter forms . Tatsu's looks suitably regal, and Psychic-esque. Miju's looks very nice, and to be honest, thats the kind of look I have always wanted from a mammalian starter, and I don't see why it couldn't be Water/Fighting type. Pokabu's final could be a whole range of types, but I hope its Dark or Steel, something fairly unique. However the possibility of Fire/Fighting again is a little disheartening.

As for the whole complaints about the designs of Pokabu's and Tastu's final forms, thats a little silly. Moltic may look similar too the proposed final evo of Tastu, but to say that its a clone or created using moltic base is silly. two out of ove 500 Pokemon look similar!? How dare they?! The same stands for Pokabu's final, looking like Rhyperior. Take a look at any big Pokemon such as Aggron, Nidoking, Rhydon ect, they all look very similar. Atleast the final evo isn't a copy of those lot.

I find it funny when people say that they knew they were fake all along, when its not totally confirmed that is the case as of yet.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Wat if the new evos are similar to the fake ones we saw but are different (the last ones of course not the middle stages)

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'm not sure what to believe. There seems to both evidence for real and fake.
So I've devised a little chart, trying to be as unbiased and logical as possible, to help see the situation clearly.

Fake:

-Point: The evolutions are quite unusual and drastic changes
-Counterpoint: This is not of course pure evidence of them being fake. Stranger evolutions have happened before.

-Point: "KeepOnTrollin" on PokeJungle claimed he created the images. (Link)
-Counterpoint: He may be "reverse-trolling" and only claiming he made them, as he provided no real proof.

Real:

-Point: The IP address of the 2ch poster is supposedly the same as the one who posted the true rumors are Araragi, Triple Battles, the game names, Team Plasma, and more all ahead of time.
-Counterpoint: The poster could be using some sort of proxy, or the poster may be a different person, using the same connection, or something like that. So the IP is not definate proof.

-Point: The spanish site "Pokexperto" claims to have inside information and says these Pokemon are real.
-Counterpoint: Pokexperto could be lying, or may have been given fake inside info.
(As a side note, they also say the final evos are pure Grass, pure Water, and Fire/Fighting... again.)

So the way I see it, it could go either way. I'm still on the fence, and I've decided to not call real or fake until we get more evidence. We'll find out soon enough. But I put this up to let you all decide for yourselves.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing to keep in mind: It's possible these evos are real, but are concept art and many change, like the Torchic with floppy ears that has been posted many times. On the other hand, Tsutarja's first evo and Mijumaru's first evo are seen in the picture in question to be the same as the leaked anime anime we know is real, the one that revealed Koromori and Kibago, who also did not change. So perhaps if they are real, they will be identical to these pictures.

Last edited:

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Even if Tsu2's and Miju2's 2nd forms are exactly the same as in the beta art does not realy mean anything. The creator knew they were the next stages (same as us) so could have easily just faked the other ones to fool us in thinking that his fake ones are real.... since they are with the two we know of.

So yeah i could easily copy tsu2 and miju2 evo's aswell as make up their others and make up porkabu's forms... post them online and people would think they are ral because they contain 2 which we know.

V Faction

www.faction.com
It's like I've been saying all along, you've got to be mentally prepared. When everybody collectively screams "fake fake fake, I hope they're fake!", you get this gut feeling in the pit of your stomach. Nobody wants them to be real because they don't want the magic to die!

The worst thing will be the backlash from fans if it turns out to be a case of false accusation.

Even if Tsu2's and Miju2's 2nd forms are exactly the same as in the beta art does not realy mean anything. The creator knew they were the next stages (same as us) so could have easily just faked the other ones to fool us in thinking that his fake ones are real.... since they are with the two we know of.

So yeah i could easily copy tsu2 and miju2 evo's aswell as make up their others and make up porkabu's forms... post them online and people would think they are ral because they contain 2 which we know.

Don't you think people realized this already? Like, from Day 1?

There's more to it than just copying the 2nd Stage starters from the concept art. That's why there was just a big uproar about them being real or not.

Sakrey

Caring Career
From my point of view, I don't believe in them just because the 2nd stage evos are post with 1st stage evos next to them. But because of the whole investigation behind the original 2ch post (IP check and everything that follow it).

These can be still fakes but no one on the internet has yet claimed to be there rightful creator, supported with decent proof.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

I know; I wasn't trying to say that since those are the same, that the final evos are real. I was just saying that IF they turn out to be real, it's possible they are the final designs, and not concept art, since Miju2 and Tsu2 match the real anime artwork, and the anime artwork matches the Sugimori Art for Kibago and Koromori.

Status
Not open for further replies.