• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartD

The purple Pokemon is interesting. Tabunne looks interesting as well.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Woah! Sorry I had an opinion, how stupid of me.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
I really can't get excited about these games, don't like ANY of the pokemon designs, don't like the triple battle idea, or the rotating pokemon idea. I really don't know if I'll buy this, it's quite un-pokemon-y, maybe pokemon peaked at Gen IV.

Nope. Pokemon just keeps getting better and better. It's a bit hard to see that through nostalgia-goggles, but if you take them off, you'll see that Gen 5 will be the best gen yet!

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
No, most people grow into a fad of expecting everything to go their way, especially when they grow up. Which explains divorce rate, crime rates, and more. However, I won't explain it more than that.

Woah! Sorry I had an opinion, how stupid of me.

Saying they aren't Pokemon-y. Or esque when they are no different from any generation is an obvious troll bait. Opinions are one thing ("I don't like how this gen is turning out" saying ridiculous thins is another.)

AncientMew

Training since 1998
I was just saying I'm not into this new generation, not trying to troll, just offering my opinion, just how I feel about it. Not trying to start hate or anything, if everybody had the same views the world would be very boring now wouldn't it? I may grow to like it in future, who knows?

Chimchar15

Guys stop bashing him. If doesn't want to buy them that's fine, but AncientMew I think you should try the games out first because you never know how it will turn out. I mean this is the first big jump that Pokemon has done since ever, so I understand. Although that's what I like about this gen, it's totally unexpected and everything feels new and mysterious not just a re-hash of last gen with a couple of new improvements. Anyways like I said it you don't like them that's fine, but I hope you will at least try them out first.

Glitter!

Glam Trainer
I really can't get excited about these games, don't like ANY of the pokemon designs, don't like the triple battle idea, or the rotating pokemon idea. I really don't know if I'll buy this, it's quite un-pokemon-y, maybe pokemon peaked at Gen IV.

"un-pokemon-y"? Really? How do YOU know what Pokémon is supposed to be like?

Jesus Christ. People go at one another like Piranha... 3-D.Tsk tsk. I'm with Ancient Mew. Some of the Pokemon, like Miju's ungodly stage2, just turn me off. Other aspects I am excited about, for instance the hint of harder gym battles. Meh.

Grass_Starter89

Anyway, I am the only one who thinks Smuglord(Tsu3) looks like an anaconda? Besides the grass which is inspired by either Quetzalcoatl, Basilisk, or Echidna....

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Just to make it clear, I wasn't bashing him, just giving him good advice. During Gen III I fell into a similar fad, and began to hate Pokemon because of how it changed. So I left, and kept away from Pokemon for awhile, when I did return I finally appreciated that gen and even gen IV and grew my tolerance for everything (designs/etc.) back. It's a common psychology technique and knowledge that people get angry when outside of their comfort zone, thus this jump is bad on some people. So I suggested he leave. If he wants to return to Pokemon he will. If not, no skin off my back, I can't make decisions for other people.

Also all you had to say was as explained "I don't like this gen" stating they are "unPokemany" is obviously going to stir anger because you are implying that this gen is really that different (in designs/etc.) from Pokemon which objectively aside from slight change in style it isn't. Just remember if you post an opinion online EXPECT it to be criticised. We aren't in kindergarden anymore, tolerance for simple opinions but making claims well you opened yourself up for it.

With that said, I think I've fully explained myself, the statements I made, and what I percieved and intended to make clear.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Guys stop bashing him. If doesn't want to buy them that's fine, but AncientMew I think you should try the games out first because you never know how it will turn out. I mean this is the first big jump that Pokemon has done since ever, so I understand. Although that's what I like about this gen, it's totally unexpected and everything feels new and mysterious not just a re-hash of last gen with a couple of new improvements. Anyways like I said it you don't like them that's fine, but I hope you will at least try them out first.

I'll probably buy it, if not my brother definitely will, so I'll have access to a copy. The over-world looks intriguing enough to warrant me buying it preowned at least. Ruby and Sapphire didn't appeal to me at all at first but I bought them and found them a pretty good gameplay experience, I uncovered a few pokemon I liked and it was cool, then there was Emerald which had the battle frontier, awesome, nuff said.

Or maybe I'm getting old and grumpy and opposed to change, to be honest, they'd have to release something pretty darn amazing to beat my opinions of HGSS.

Grei

not the color
the grass snakes supposed final form sucks because it dosnt have limbs. that means there are dozens of attacks it will not be able to learn. fml

You always seem to be very behind on the news, don't you...?

Sabonea_Masukippa pointed out yesterday (I think, maybe it was two days ago, I can't remember) that Tsutarja's final evo has arms.

http://i51.*******.com/a4ms1t.png

Glitter!

Glam Trainer
Seriously guys, just one thing:

Do you really expect to like every Pokémon, every new gen?
There's always the ones you will like, and the ones you won't. That's the way things are, get over it. You can't expect every new creature to be a kick-*ss wolf or dragon or sh*t. We all need our little early-game Pokémon, those are most of the ones revealed until now.
I'm sure everyone will find a fav later on.

Ken Vanguine

Epic Trainer
Like what? I can't think of any grass attacks that it couldn't learn. And if you say grass blade, it can use the leaves on its tail, it could also use them for any projectile attacks.

um, i said GRASS type moves? o. didnt think so. i just said moves in general. never said anything about grass-type moves.

MrGreen

Steel Fanatic
Anyway, I am the only one who thinks Smuglord(Tsu3) looks like an anaconda? Besides the grass which is inspired by either Quetzalcoatl, Basilisk, or Echidna....

Dude, that is excatly the same Idea I had. The final Evo of Tsutaja being based on the featherd Snake, just replace feathers with grass, you know. Anyhow dont know why but to me it screams half Steel. that just me thought.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
You always seem to be very behind on the news, don't you...?

Sabonea_Masukippa pointed out yesterday (I think, maybe it was two days ago, I can't remember) that Tsutarja's final evo has arms.

http://i51.*******.com/a4ms1t.png

Pfft. Yes, I can see it learning all the punches with those bad boys. Only with boxing gloves could it look more terrifying xD

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Amen Glitter, Amen.

On that note: What other Pokemon do you think will get an alternate form this generation? I could see Deoxys getting an actual alternate elemental change form for each season (being a virus =Adaptation to surrounding) So maybe somehting like Fire/Psychic form in the Summer?

Edit-Ken: Grass type starters have bad movepools for the most part in the first place. Don't expect to see any with something like Fire Punch or Ice Punch. (Thunder Punch possible) Also on that note, Pokemon that are in the line that have arms can learn techinques for later evos or early prevos. This explains why Ghastly is able to get the Elemental punches, and so is Quagsire/Wooper.

Last edited:
Dude, that is excatly the same Idea I had. The final Evo of Tsutaja being based on the featherd Snake, just replace feathers with grass, you know. Anyhow dont know why but to me it screams half Steel. that just me thought.

So I'm not the only one thinking grass/steel? :D I think the armor on its head, and its underside both looks like its steel-plated, rather than just a coloring choice...we'll see. If it is, that could give it some very interesting move choices, and resistances.

Glitter!

Glam Trainer
I could see Deoxys getting an actual alternate elemental change form for each season (being a virus =Adaptation to surrounding)

I really like that idea, but maybe it could work more like Rotom, like gaining new moves or abilities. Secondary typing seems a bit too much, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.