• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno.Fan

Yeah for a pure flying type! Also with the new Fighting and Bug type legendaries, does that mean that Poisen is the only element never used on a legendary (or am just being stupid?)

Nobody's Nerd

Electric Engine
Yup. That's TOTALLY Sugimori's art style. Definitely real.

...:p

Of course Sugimori didn't draw that. >.< Haven't you been paying attention?

Hiro's been drawing all of the Pokemon based off of low-res sprite pictures (allegedly). So assuming he and Melkor are telling the truth, then obviously the pictures aren't going to be Sugimori's art style. They might not even be perfect representations of how the Pokemon look.

ForeverFlame

I love how Victini is #494. It's almost like it's a Sinnoh Pokemon, since every other dex ended with a chibi-Legendary at the end.

And I'm satisfied with 649 Pokemon, naturally. This is by far the biggest generation yet! Even bigger than the first. The games, and especially the Ranger/Mystery Dungeon spin-offs, are going to be amazing with such a large selection of Pokemon.

For all the people fighting over credibility we should be thankful that there a websites that there are websites that will give out this information. If the information is wrong is it such a horrible thing? Does it affect your life in anyway? Did you bet your house on the credibility of the information? Honestly, its nothing to b*tch about.

anywaayyyy I belive the ice dragon will be generally clear and crystal like with a tint of blue. I kind of makes sense in my head. And if anyone needs an idea I google imaged "ice dragon" for ya :p
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...sa=1&q=ice+dragon&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
Hmm. It's kind of interesting how Pokemon can polarize people so much. Anyways, I have a suggestion for everyone wanting to believe/disbelieve our potential new Pokemon. Now, this may not go according to plan, but essentially, wait till tomorrow. Pokemon Sunday, to be more specific. No doubt they will reveal new Pokemon, if they don't, then that is a tragedy. This goes with CoroCoro was well, but it's information can't be expected by a clock like Pokesunday.

Anyways, essentially... Just see what they reveal. If they reveal something that actually matches Pokexperto, then their chances of being real just shot up. Naturally, if they DONT, then it's not necessarily a clear indication he's wrong, but that comes in looking for things that is revealed that could very well contradict him. Like, revealing the cat, and it's a normal type. Of course, we may be forced to wait till about the 15th to know for sure*or whenever the coverage begins* but still, that's a nice short term goal, and could very well save us tons of grief*or, maybe cause it.*

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Hmm. It's kind of interesting how Pokemon can polarize people so much. Anyways, I have a suggestion for everyone wanting to believe/disbelieve our potential new Pokemon. Now, this may not go according to plan, but essentially, wait till tomorrow. Pokemon Sunday, to be more specific. No doubt they will reveal new Pokemon, if they don't, then that is a tragedy. This goes with CoroCoro was well, but it's information can't be expected by a clock like Pokesunday.

Anyways, essentially... Just see what they reveal. If they reveal something that actually matches Pokexperto, then their chances of being real just shot up. Naturally, if they DONT, then it's not necessarily a clear indication he's wrong, but that comes in looking for things that is revealed that could very well contradict him. Like, revealing the cat, and it's a normal type. Of course, we may be forced to wait till about the 15th to know for sure*or whenever the coverage begins* but still, that's a nice short term goal, and could very well save us tons of grief*or, maybe cause it.*

...Or people could just chill out for a f***ing WEEK. It's seven days. Not that long.

And who knows if they'll reveal anything on Pokemon Sunday? Aren't they doing that special animated episode of the show on Wednesday or whenever to show off their new set and the new pokémon? So they might hold off on new info until then...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I love how Victini is #494. It's almost like it's a Sinnoh Pokemon, since every other dex ended with a chibi-Legendary at the end.

It actually took me several minutes to figure out what you meant by Victini being "almost a Sinnoh Pokemon" but I get it now. Because it's the generic "cute" Legendary and it's right after Arceus and before Tsutarja, it seems almost as if it's still a part of the Sinnoh Dex rather than the Isshu Dex since, usually, Legendary Pokemon in the new regions are placed at the end of their respective Dex. Something like that anyway, good eye though. It's interesting to speculate on the little things like this :)

Ethan

Banned
Great, this gen has probably more pointless legendaries than the last gen. Wasn't really stoked to see the countless legendaries on the main page. Whatever. As long as they hopefully make up for it with lots of new regular pokemon.

I hope the starter evolutions are real. They are actually my favorite pokemon so far, minus pokabus evo. Another fire/fighting type? You know the idea of new games is that you're supposed to mix it up a bit. Not have the fire starter type for the past three gens. I could be wrong though. But he seriously looks like fire/fight.

I'm glad we got a bug legendary finally, not really happy that its bug/steel though. The first bug legendary we get and it shares its typing with another pokemon? Come on. But I don't know, we'll see I guess.

So far fifth gen gets a "fair" ranking from me. I hope future pokemon will make me happy lol.

Mahnmut

Medic Trainer
I've been wondering something...

So PxP uploaded a silhouette they made of a pokemon which was revealed to be correct hours later... (the cat)
Why do people still not believe what he's saying in that case?

Slimslamer

To be honest, I'm liking this generation more and more with each leak. I'm still confused about whether trouser-snake up there is ground/dark and an evolution of megakrokuro or dark/fighting and it's own line. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a megakrokuro evolution, which I dislike, because they don't look related at all, but I like his design enough that it doesn't matter that much. (

That scarab Pokemon sounds awesome, I don't care how weak or strong it is, I want it. By the same token, despite rankurusu almost being guaranteed to have weak stats, I might add him to my team anyways.

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
To be honest, I'm liking this generation more and more with each leak. I'm still confused about whether trouser-snake up there is ground/dark and an evolution of megakrokuro or dark/fighting and it's own line. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a megakrokuro evolution, which I dislike, because they don't look related at all, but I like his design enough that it doesn't matter that much. (

That scarab Pokemon sounds awesome, I don't care how weak or strong it is, I want it. By the same token, despite rankurusu almost being guaranteed to have weak stats, I might add him to my team anyways.

Pokexperto says that's a Dark/Fighting type, so no, it is NOT related to Meguroko. In addition, it's first evolution is supposed to be similar to the croc, but on two legs and spines or spikes growing out of the back.

According to Pokexperto

zlxq3000

Master Collector

I'm still confused about whether trouser-snake up there is ground/dark and an evolution of megakrokuro or dark/fighting and it's own line.

I'm still confused about whether trouser-snake up there is ground/dark and an evolution of megakrokuro or dark/fighting and it's own line.

trouser-snake

trouser-snake

trouser-snake

:D

Gotta be immature every once in a while, I suppose.

I kind of can't wait to see these new pokemon, real or not. I'm interested in seeing what Game Freak considers a 'purely flying-type', considering that BIRDS aren't considered to be that (although someone did make the good point earlier that they can't be hurt by ghosts). I'm also sort of interested in the Bug/Steel-type; it sounds like a BAMF from what I saw on Pokebeach. Apparently it's some sort of crazy space robot bug thing. Sounds cool.

Sabonea_Masukippa

I've been wondering something...

So PxP uploaded a silhouette they made of a pokemon which was revealed to be correct hours later... (the cat)
Why do people still not believe what he's saying in that case?

Because it's possible that the video had been up for a not insignificant amount of time before anyone noticed (~12-24 hours iirc), which gives Experto plenty of time to notice, not tell anyone, make a silhouette and post it and claim he had "prior knowledge". Risky, but not impossible.

Also - and this is not a point specifically for either argument - it was ~30 minutes before anyone else noticed the cat in the video because it was only on screen for a few frames before being covered.

BCVM22

Great, this gen has probably more pointless legendaries than the last gen.

If you assume that the count revealed on the front page is accurate and comprehensive (i.e. all of the Legendaries are listed, not just some) and add Victini to that, it's still one fewer than Sinnoh. Not that lots o' Legendaries is necessarily a bad (or good) thing at any number.

Last edited:

Mahnmut

Medic Trainer

Ehm, it's the dark/fighting one...

why are you sure it's meguroko's evo when you say they don't look related? o_O

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
I think I'm the only one who likes all the new Legendaries. I mean, the fact that there are a lot.

Can someone leak me to the dark/fighting and "trouser snake"? I don't see them on the homepage.

Status
Not open for further replies.