• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I'm making a career out of this.

Is it wrong that I find it to be one of the most adorable the cutest Bug type ever?

Welp. It's a bug, alright. Can't say much else.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
@SasakiThePikachu

http://dlvr.it/4sSfh

Answers your question. From Pokexperto. Used to link CoroCoro and all the official stuff as proof that what he was saying was real all along.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
@SasakiThePikachu

http://dlvr.it/4sSfh

Answers your question. From Pokexperto. Used to link CoroCoro and all the official stuff as proof that what he was saying was real all along.

Aw, fantastic! I hope that turns out to be true. I actually expected a direct evolution, but if Gigaiasu is a 3rd stage it'll just be even better.

The bug is terribly cute. Loving the stubby legs. Reminds me a bit of Shelgon.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Reposting my English name predictions, plus more.

Tsutarja: Slithervy (Slither+ivy)
Jyanobii: Ivyper (Ivy+viper)
Tsutarja3: Vinperdon (Vine+viper+don)
Pokabu: Emboar (ember+boar)
Chaobuu: Porklobber (Pork+clobber)
Pokabu3: Boarbeque (Boar+barbeque)
Mijumaru: Shelmurai (shell+samurai)
Futachimaru: Shelldos (Shell+dos, refers to its two shells)
Mijumaru3: Otterath (otter+wrath)
Mamepato: Poogeon (poop+pidgeon)
Hatoopoo: Birdrop (bird+droppings)
Tabunne: Hospituff (hospital/hospitality+tough)
Chiirami: Chintailla (chinchilla+tail)
Zoroark: Zoroark (confirmed)
Zorua: Zorua (more than likely)
Reshiram: Reshiram (confirmed)
Zekrom: Zekrom (confirmed)
Darumakka: Yetini (Yeti+tiny)
Hihidaruma: Yetignite (yeti+ignite)
Meguroco: Sandile (sand+crocodile)
Munna: Sleeprey (sleep+prey. Also sounds similar to sleepy)
Musharna: Dreamunch (dream+munch)
Shimama: Zeebolt (zeeba+bolt)
Gear: Cogdos (cog+dos)
Moguryu: Drillby (drill+baby)
Doryuuzu: Drillpoon (drill+harpoon)
Kibago: Jawgon (jaw+dragon)
Ononokusu: Jawslash (jaw+slash)
Desukan: Tombdon (tomb+don)
Denchura: Electaran (electricity+tarantula)
Minezumi: Searchrat (search+rat)
Miruhoggu: Lytehog (light+hog)
Yanappu: Apelant (ape+plant)
Baoppu: Apeferno (ape+inferno)
Hiyappu: Apequa (ape+aqua)
Emonga: Emonga (follows the usual tradition of Pika-clones getting translated japanese names)
Victini: Victini (duh)
Basurao: Piranate (piranha+pirate)
Yorterrie: Yorterrie (a-duh)
Choroneko: Felonine (felon+feline. Also refers to the whole cats have nine lives deal)
Buffalon: Affrolo (afro+buffalo)
Dangoro: Gravelone (gravel+stone)
Gigiasu: Pressurock (pressure+rock)
Kurumiru: Krawleaf (crawl+leaf)
Shikijika: Yeerdeer (year+deer)
Mebukijika: Antlear (antler+year)
Monmen: Naughtton (naughty+cotton)
Churine: Plantuff (plant+tough)
Tamagetake: Mushrorb (mushroom+orb)
Wargle: Amerigle (America+eagle)
Rankurusu: Jellofloat (Jell-o+float)
Gochirizu: Shemo (she+emo)
Swana: Swanna (duh)
Mamanbou: Aqueart (Aqua+heart)

Chardan

I haven't given my opinions on all of the new Pokemon we've seen for Corocoro...so....here I go.

Baoppu: I love the whole look or all of the three monkeys, and I like how different this one looks to the Chimchar line. I'll be looking forward to this for three vs three battles, but at the moment my primary fire ape would be Hirdurama (Fire/Psychic! PHWEE!)
Hiyappu: Same for Baoppu, nice light colours.
Emonga: I considered Chillarmy to be this Generation's Pikachu line (since Chilla gains and evolution) but I guess I was wrong. I like the look of it, and the comparisons between Pachirsu were obvious. I'm happy its seperate though, as it seems to be smaller than Pachirisu, and the Flying type sounds great because I don't use legendaries (Zapdos).
Yorterri: I was envisioning a different look to what Experto had described, and I'm not a huge Shitzu fan. However, seeing that it is based of a Yorkie is great stuff, and will definatley be on my team until later evolution lines become available. (Like what I did when I got Shinx, and picked up another Pokemon around the 8th gym.)
Basurao: The art makes it look great, as the sprite made it hard to make out its features. Looks to me that the version the blue forme is easier to find in would be White, due to the electric on Zekrom. The same goes for the red forme and Reshiram.
Choroneko: Finally, we have a Dark type cat. Its what Glameow should have been in my opinion. Whether I use it early on remains to be seen, I want to see the panther evolution.
Tabunne: I know why I shouldn't like Tabunne....but I can't help but love the design. I simply don't know why though, it reminds me of something I can't put my finger on. The team healing side of it sounds great though, so I can imagine having a pair of them during triple battles would be great support for the attacking Pokemon.
Monmen: Looks interesting, but I don't like its evolution that much.
Churine: I like this little Oddish-esque replacement, and its evo sounds interesting. I'm getting White for the green blob and Zekrom, so this sounds like a nice Grass type to use.
Tamagetake: I love this Pokemon, like I love Voltorb's look. If it has an evoultion It would be interesting to see what it looks like (I can imagine it will have multiple shroom tops, with the 3 main Pokeball designs).
Baffuron: The afro threw me off at first, and I thought it looked a little rediculous. However, I like it now, and the afro doesn't seem too out there for some odd reason. A great Tauros replacement and it would be interesting to see if the 6th gen links up Miltank, this and Tauros with a prevo.
Dangoro: I love its final form, and this looks great. I look forward to using it too, is ability is great for battles....not so much for traveling around caves though, as it will now take two moves to beat it.
Mebukijika: There are no words for this....no words. Its everything Stantler could have been, and I love the difference between the seasons. I like how Summer has its own hair tuffs not found on any other versions, but the leaves seem a little overkill on Summer and Autumn. Spring and Winter look the best for me.
Desukaan: It couldn't have come out any better, but would have liked to see it with the ground typing. Its ability sounds absolutley game-changing, Wobbufet could see some double battle competition.
Ononokusu: I had a 3 page argument with some member on how Kibago is related to Ononokusu, so its nice to see some confirmation. I never saw how it wasn't related, and looks to be a good Pokemon to use. I don't think its a second pseudo though (This gen's Metacross to Salamence), and a pure Dragon line hasn't been done yet.
Denchura: Probably won't be getting much use from me, due to there being a Fire/Bug type, but I like its look.
Doryuuzu: For some reason, I want to see Ash get this in the anime. Ground/Steel is a good typing, and good Sandlash/Dugtrio replacement.

Now on to the starters, which I always thought were real. Just throwing it out there.
Janobii: I like how its still retains the colours of Tastu, as the leaked art showed it being darker. This means Tastu3 will be lighter than first though which is good news for me. Not much to say about it, but I like the progression between the final and starter.
Chaobuu: Ofcourse, its a little dissapointing that the same type is reused, but atleast this time the stat desribution is vastly different from the previous starters. The official art has a slimmer look in the arms, and the colours 'pop' more and I've grown to like the design (as it was the only stage I was impartial to).
Futachimaru: Not much to say really, we already knew of it. I do, however, like how the blue isn't as dark as in the leaked artwork, and I cannot wait to evolve it into the final stage which looks great.

There.....I did it. Thanks for scrolling past, lol.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
phione is simply a sea drifter. Manaphy is a seafarer.

Nah, they're both sea angels, or cliones.

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
The first stage (the Metang, bipedal kind stone) is looking awkward. It doesn't seem right. I hope we'll see its real Sugimori art soon.

We HAVE seen the real art. It was in this months Corocoro.

Politoed trainer

Dasutodasu Trainer
So are we gonna get Celebi/Shiny beasts soon? I'm mean how are non Japanese people gonna get themselves a zorua? I put the idea of having one on my team in my head, and now I'm worried I won't get one..

Chardan

Prince Jellyfish. Water/Ghost. Has to be.

Yep, seems to have a little crown too, so they must be taking the royal/prince literally.

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
Oh sorry, I meant the second stage which wasn't officially released by CoroCoro yet.

It was drawn by Hiro iirc, in that link I quoted.

Oh, okay, sorry about that. Yeah, it would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.