• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomNook

Still In Kanto
I'm happy with the starters, they are better than 4th gen at least. Munna and its evolved form I think are cool too.

The rest I think are terrible except for maybe Choroneko (the dark feline).

Waldorf

ungrateful
Pokexperto said:
599: Gear. 600: Gear + Another big gear behind. 601: Gear + Big gear behind + Small gear at bottom + Platform. No Brainer Pokemon of V Gen.

I guess Gear's evolutionary line isn't very exciting, but I didn't expect it to do much other than pile more gears on. It is the Magnemite expy, after all, except it's a full line and has no chance of evolving into a U.F.O. several generations later.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Huh. That sounds... interesting. I wonder how usable it will be.
Pure Steel? Not that great.

It's only offensive STAB is Steel type, which is only good against Rock and Ice. Both of those are already weak to the already more common Fighting-type (of which Steel is weak to in the first place). Otherwise, Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric all resist Steel (including other Steel types).

So that's a wash. Defensively it might be better, but for a Pokemon that has an ability that is only good in double battles (Plus/Minus), I don't see much promise. Maybe if it had uber stats.

Cecil Omega

Buffafron may be a standalone pokemon but it's fairly obvious that he's going to be a new physical attacking threat in the Competitive scene if his speed is up to par.

The others I'm not so sure on, if Tabunne's stats are good enough and has access to status healing moves as well, I can see her becoming the staple Cleric for most teams, as for the others, I don't think we'll see much of them at all.

Desukan's 4 hands are ready to violate competitive battling with a smile on it's face.

I might actually like the Design if each Gear is given a distinct personality a la Exeggutor and Dodrio.

Also, is it confirmed that gear retains Plus and Minus throughout each of its evolutions?

The others I'm not so sure on, if Tabunne's stats are good enough and has access to status healing moves as well, I can see her becoming the staple Cleric for most teams, as for the others, I don't think we'll see much of them at all.

She's got a long way to go before she's a viable replacement for Blissey though.

Last edited:

RoseSymphony

Cloud Princess
I'm liking this new Grass/Steel Pokemon:

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/bollita.png

It's supposed to evolve into a spiky platform with vines coming out of it that end in maces. How amazingly awesome is that? Definitely a contender for the mono-Grass team I'm making for this game. :D

kemal07

So many people being harsh on poor little gear. I mean, I loved it's design and hopefully it's evos are just as well.

Waldorf

ungrateful
If the three roaming legendaries, the Water/Fighting event legendary, and the two-forme event legendary are seriously based on the Three Musketeers, D'Artagnan and Constanza, respectively, I will seriously jump for joy.

That's amazing.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Maybe the reason why they are starting over with all new pokemon is this:

Because if pokemon wants to continue then why have half of the pokemon in the game not even from the new region/gen? They are making it so truly pokemon do only come from one gen. And not have evos in another gen. I like it.

Last edited:

Cecil Omega

Yeah hopefully that lil guy will evolve quickly.

And just thinking about the first gym right now, but the people picking Tsujata for their starter kinda have a harder time.

Mijumaru
: Fight Yanappu, can catch a Mamepato or Kurumiru in the beginning for super effective hits.

Pokabu: Fight Hiyappu, can catch Shimama early in the game for super effective hits.

Tsujata: Most of the early on pokemon are weak too or neutral to fire attacks.

Speaking of early pokemon, this is our list for pokemon you can catch early on right?: Mamepato, Chillarmy, Kurumiru, Shimama, Bug/posion centipede, Minezumi.

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
A lot of these designs are pretty sloppy looking and/or too similar to designs from previous generations. I am, however, fond of Choroneko (even though it looks like a cross between Glameow and Delcatty). But that's only because I'm a cat lover and I love all of the cat Pokemon.

Not too excited about 5th gen so far. Wish there were more evolutions of lines that need help (like Farfetch'd).

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
Probably the dark cat and normal dog line as well

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
So many people being harsh on poor little gear. I mean, I loved it's design and hopefully it's evos are just as well.

I liked Gear too, because I'm sick of Magnemite and I like the idea of it being replaced by something new.

Same thing with Koromori. Here's to hoping there's no wild Zubat in Black/White...

ForeverFlame

Maybe the reason why they are starting over with all new pokemon is this:

Because if pokemon wants to continue then why have half of the pokemon in the game not even from the new region/gen? They are making it so truly pokemon do only come from one gen. And not have evos in another gen. I like it.

That was my complaint with Hoenn and Sinnoh. I never understood why we ran into Zubat and Tentacool when we weren't even in Kanto.

At least now we have brand-new bats, jellyfish, and rocks.

Cecil Omega

Same thing with Koromori. Here's to hoping there's no wild Zubat in Black/White...

It's been confirmed that there will be no old pokemon appearing in B/W until after E4, so no need to worry about Geodudes or Zubats annoying you anymore.

Now we have Koromori and that Rock Bomb-omb thing to annoy us ^_^

Grass_Starter89

Yeah hopefully that lil guy will evolve quickly.

And just thinking about the first gym right now, but the people picking Tsujata for their starter kinda have a harder time.

Mijumaru
: Fight Yanappu, can catch a Mamepato or Kurumiru in the beginning for super effective hits.

Pokabu: Fight Hiyappu, can catch Shimama early in the game for super effective hits.

Tsujata: Most of the early on pokemon are weak too or neutral to fire attacks.

Speaking of early pokemon, this is our list for pokemon you can catch early on right?: Mamepato, Chillarmy, Kurumiru, Shimama, Bug/posion centipede, Minezumi.

You can't catch the bugs till later on. The ones you can catch in the beginning are dog, Mamepato, Chillarmy, Minzumi, Shimama and Gigaiusu's pre evo. Shimama and Gigaiusu is a little bit after the first gym.

Alexz

Dragon Standalone

A standalone Dragon? Are you serious?! That's amazing! Where did you get that info? :D

Just for the record, @Pokexperto already finished Tweeting all descriptions and FanArts of today, he was expecting to reach #601 ... (Gear evolution line), So tomorrow we will have more info...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.