• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldorf

ungrateful
Query: Just a day or so ago, we had four mystery Pokémon who we knew absolutely nothing about. Now we have two. What Pokémon were recently revealed by Meklor? Was it the polar bear line?

Sabonea_Masukippa

What are you smoking? Have you been here for the past two weeks? PLus the fact that we're about a day or two away from Pokeocalypse that is game coverage. Trust me when I say that there is plenty of bit*hing to come.

Yeah, but now that the starters have been proven real, Serebii and Melkor's statements validated most of the users adamant they were fake have either disappeared or shut up.

And, I know there's going to be *****ing. Let me rephrase: I think I'll be able to handle the whiny 14 year-olds more because a) I'll be so busy translating and won't get to read every post and b) there are already so many Pokemon that I want that I really don't care what people say anymore, whereas with DP I liked so relatively few designs at first I couldn't help but feel some of the complaining was justified at the time (now I think most people were just being babies).

@Sabonea_Masukippa:

Have you seen the fanbase every gen since Gen III (Gen II wasn't that bad because most people were new to the internet and had pretty good tolerance) Gen III was a nightmare after people became tolerant, Gen IV I don't even want to talk about, Gen V is shaping up to be even worse. I count down the hours before BAWWWpocolypse.

I don't think Gen 5 will be that bad. Nothing could be worse than the fandom's behavior after DP's release. Or the behavior in relation to the starters' evos. But between that leak and Melkor's twit posts, I hope at least some people will have gotten used to the more out there ideas by the time we see them in the flesh (or garbage) and *hopefully* the complaining might be dulled some what. Or at least drowned out by all the reasonable people (lol, even I don't believe that).

EDIT:

Hiro revealed another 2-stage pure bug type Pokemon.

KanNKeller

Ok, this gen we get the most of these types ever in one generation:

Ice (7) - previous high was 6
Fire (15) - previous high was 12
Dragon (10) - previous high was 9
Dark (16) - previous high was 10
Bug (19) - previous high was 14
Fighting (14) - previous high was 8
Grass (20) - previous high was 17
Electric (11) previous high was 9
Steel (12) previous high was 11
Ghost (10) - previous high was 7

With 2 more Pokemon's typings to go, so it's subject to change, of course.

I love the type distribution in this generation. Its like a sample platter where we get a bit of everything, not to mention all of the distribution is even and the pokemon of Isshu are absolutely genius in their design.

And fire/Ghost? What took so long?? ha its like.... perfect ^_^

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
I don't think Gen 5 will be that bad. Nothing could be worse than the fandom's behavior after DP's release. Or the behavior in relation to the starters' evos. But between that leak and Melkor's twit posts, I hope at least some people will have gotten used to the more out there ideas by the time we see them in the flesh (or garbage) and *hopefully* the complaining might be dulled some what. Or at least drowned out by all the reasonable people (lol, even I don't believe that).

I disagree, I've already been in more arguments over Gen V than Gen IV or Gen III altogether on all the other forums I've been too. Some were the "Gen I the best >Gen V is terrible" nostalgic arguments (UGH!), some were over Pokabu being a pig and how that was really "stupid." and more.

People are complaining left and right about EVERY minor detail. It's horrifying. That doesn't even bring up the Starter evo validity arguments. (Dear god)

This gen already has been the worst, I dread how bad it will be in the weeks to come.

Edit: You think Fire/Ghost took long enough what about pure Flying type? I'm surprised more people haven't started dancing in the streets over how it has finally been proven possible.

Last edited:

Chimchar15

Yeah, but now that the starters have been proven real, Serebii and Melkor's statements validated most of the users adamant they were fake have either disappeared or shut up.

And, I know there's going to be *****ing. Let me rephrase: I think I'll be able to handle the whiny 14 year-olds more because a) I'll be so busy translating and won't get to read every post and b) there are already so many Pokemon that I want that I really don't care what people say anymore, whereas with DP I liked so relatively few designs at first I couldn't help but feel some of the complaining was justified at the time (now I think most people were just being babies).

EDIT:

Hiro revealed another 2-stage pure bug type Pokemon.

Ah well then sir lucky you. Anyways I really hope that coverage starts this Wednesday, that way I can just enjoy Pokemon for a few days.

Araleon

Chill
Haha, that would be a great name.

So... Pure Ice bear isn't confirmed? I could still get my Ice/Fighting bear?? Sweet.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
So far I am not very pleased with the pure Flying because, to be honest, I am not very fond of legendaries.

But the main is, as said, it was proven to be possible. I am pretty sure that in the next generation we'll get one or two pure flying regular Pokémon once it was introduced now.

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
I beat you to the whole Majora=Desukahn a loong time ago.
Really, I swear D:

Man, I'm loving all these cute ghost types X3
Haunter is still the best tho

Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. Doesn't change the fact that's exactly what I'm going to do... Hmm... *wonders how complete of a Zelda Themed team I can make with all the Pokemon total*

Pokabu3-Ganon
Desukahn-Majora
Dark/Dragon-Gleeok
Rhyperior-Dodongo
Dusknoir-Bongo Bongo
Wargle-Helmaroc King

Going for bosses in that list, and trying to make a fairly diverse team element wise, although I ended up using Ghost twice*oh well*

I really want to see an image of the garbage bag Pokemon:).
For one thing, I have no doubt that it is one of the Pokemon Ash is going to catch. From it's description, it sounds far more revolting than even Muk; how could they resist having Ash catch one and make it Muk's rival vying for Professor Oak's affection?

I have the perfect idea of a name for the garbage bag Pokemon: Oscar. Frankly I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned Oscar the grouch since that Pokemon was revealed.

Chimchar15

I really want to see an image of the garbage bag Pokemon:).
For one thing, I have no doubt that it is one of the Pokemon Ash is going to catch. From it's description, it sounds far more revolting than even Muk; how could they resist having Ash catch one and make it Muk's rival vying for Professor Oak's affection?

I have the perfect idea of a name for the garbage bag Pokemon: Oscar. Frankly I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned Oscar the grouch since that Pokemon was revealed.

I don't know I think trash can not trash bag when I think of Oscar. Yeah I know not that much of a difference but still.

Phantomnazo

I come bearing good news and bad news! The good news is that tomarrow will be the last day before the sprite release! The bad news is that tomarrow is the last day before the sprite release! Hope you got anti troll, nostalgia jerk, and rant repelent!

Cant wait until I see karate clown!

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. Doesn't change the fact that's exactly what I'm going to do... Hmm... *wonders how complete of a Zelda Themed team I can make with all the Pokemon total*

Pokabu3-Ganon
Desukahn-Majora
Dark/Dragon-Gleeok
Rhyperior-Dodongo
Dusknoir-Bongo Bongo
Wargle-Helmaroc King

Going for bosses in that list, and trying to make a fairly diverse team element wise, although I ended up using Ghost twice*oh well*

Nice idea. (Mine consisted of Link-common enemies) I could see since you made the statement of double element usage (Ghost twice I mean) using TTar in place of Rhyperior (TTar eats mountains ;D and dragon/lizard (Godzilla) based) and possibly use Denchura/Ariados as Gohma/Goma. Also forgot Dark/fighting could be used as Ganondorf. (Considering most people consider them seperate identities like a host relationship)

TwistedSpaceman

TheBlazingBattalion!
Haha, that would be a great name.

So... Pure Ice bear isn't confirmed? I could still get my Ice/Fighting bear?? Sweet.

Yeah, there's till a chance. I'm still really not sure where everyone got the idea that the bear was confirmed pure ice :/

iamGOZT

The Shadow Broker
I'm actually surprised it took them a whole 5 generations to finally use a polar bear. I'm excited. :)

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
I disagree, I've already been in more arguments over Gen V than Gen IV or Gen III altogether on all the other forums I've been too. Some were the "Gen I the best >Gen V is terrible" nostalgic arguments (UGH!), some were over Pokabu being a pig and how that was really "stupid." and more.

People are complaining left and right about EVERY minor detail. It's horrifying. That doesn't even bring up the Starter evo validity arguments. (Dear god)

This gen already has been the worst, I dread how bad it will be in the weeks to come.

Fandom will always be like this, and not just Pokemon fandom. To be honest, we are seldom worth listening to.

To a great deal of fans, no Pokemon will be as good as Charizard, Mewtwo, Snorlax or Gyarados. The first generation will always have those who cite it as the pinnacle, followed closely by the obsessive fans of the second generation.

In all honesty, I think they are doing the right thing with this generation by giving it a clean slate. I think they should have done this every generation. I can understand the difficulty when they have half-did this in third generation, because a great deal of people could not access their favourites until Emerald was released. Regardless, this is what I feel should've been done with the second and fourth generations, and I am glad it is happening now.

To be honest, I hope they do this with sixth generation, too. I don't mind them upgrading older Pokemon who could benefit from an evolution, but I would much prefer them to create a brand new Pokemon to fill that niche. Gliscor, Yanmega, Mamoswine... they were all cool, but I would've preferred them to be part of brand new evolutionary lines.

Grei

not the color
TwistedSpaceman, Melkor described a number of the unrevealed Pokemon. One of them was a "Polar bear Pokemon", whose first form was "cute" and whose final (1st stage) form was "fierce". Melkor said they're both Ice-type and would have specified a secondary type if they had one.

TwistedSpaceman

TheBlazingBattalion!
TwistedSpaceman, Melkor described a number of the unrevealed Pokemon. One of them was a "Polar bear Pokemon", whose first form was "cute" and whose final (1st stage) form was "fierce". Melkor said they're both Ice-type and would have specified a secondary type if they had one.

It could very easily be pure ice type, and unfortunately probably is, but the fact that it wasn't specifically said to be pure ice, to me at least, infers that there's a possibility of a secondary typing.

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
Nice idea. (Mine consisted of Link-common enemies) I could see since you made the statement of double element usage (Ghost twice I mean) using TTar in place of Rhyperior (TTar eats mountains ;D and dragon/lizard (Godzilla) based) and possibly use Denchura/Ariados as Gohma/Goma. Also forgot Dark/fighting could be used as Ganondorf. (Considering most people consider them seperate identities like a host relationship)

Hmm, you make a good point.

I probably wouldn't use Ttar, though, he's for my metroid team XD. Dunno how this new gen would factor in on that, but...

TTar-Kraid
Tentacruel-Metroid
Aerodactyl-Ridley
Scyther/Scizor-Space Pirate
Cradily-Spore Spawn
... Depending on what it looks like, as it's said to look kind of like a power ranger, so it could work, Dark/Steel type-Dark Samus.

Obviously, NO where near as balanced, but these are mostly for lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.