• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Maybe Melkor is still working on them and will revel them soon. Are we suppose to get the shiny sprites also?

SeZMehK

Quick question: is there any difference between the asia and japanese version of B/W? Wanted to know since I preordered the Asia version from yesasia.

Chardan

anyone else think there's too many legends again?x

No, only 8% of this dex is legends, where as Hoenn was 7% and Sinnoh was 13%. So this Gen is more in line with Gen 3.

DFang

27yr old Pokefan

Legends are fine, we have plenty of other quality pokes this gen if legends aren't your thing.

I can't say I honestly care. I don't use them and I'm having a hard enough time limiting myself to only 12 pokemon to train in game for both versions.

gliscor&yanmega

No. I never thought there was never too many Legendary Pokemon ever. People make it seem more then it is. There really isn't all that many Legendary Pokemon when you break it down, of course it depends on what you consider a lot.

But I don't remember it ever saying Legendary Pokemon are super rare and there are only 5 Pokemon giving this title, it's more like there are a handful of superior Pokemon that in some way have connection with a stronger force, and individual are very rare or there's only one.

13 Legendary out of 156 Pokemon...I have no idea how that is too many.

Sabonea_Masukippa

I don't think so, but then I was expecting at least 10.

The new 'model' for legends needs a legendary trio, 3 box pokemon, and at least 3 events for movies etc during the gen. I was expecting at least 10, and only got 3 more, which is the raijin trio. I love raijin statues, so I'm not that fussed about their inclusion.

Also, unlike Gen 4, it appears there's less 'random' legendaries, like Heatran or Gigiaiath. 3 trios (beasts, raijin and boxes), Victini, the water/fighting horse, which seems like it'll be related to the beasts in some way, and of course the normal/psychic and bug/steel who we don't know enough about yet. Either way, I'm sure they'll be awesome, so it doesn't matter too much to me.

Chetz

IMO i would've liked less legendaries. There's way too many altogether. Not complaining about them though, coz it is fun to try and catch them all.

soramaro

I like legendary pokemon, but I have to agree that, especially since last generation, it seems that, per generation, there are a little bit too much, 13 on this gen. is a bit too much for me :-/

but most of the legends in this gen have unique type combinations and I love that, I'm all up for new typings :D

Meganium

As long as there are enough non-Legendary Pokemon, which this generation seems to have plenty of, having a lot of legendary Pokemon doesn't bother me too much.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I don't think so, but then I was expecting at least 10.

The new 'model' for legends needs a legendary trio, 3 box pokemon, and at least 3 events for movies etc during the gen. I was expecting at least 10, and only got 3 more, which is the raijin trio. I love raijin statues, so I'm not that fussed about their inclusion.

Also, unlike Gen 4, it appears there's less 'random' legendaries, like Heatran or Gigiaiath. 3 trios (beasts, raijin and boxes), Victini, the water/fighting horse, which seems like it'll be related to the beasts in some way, and of course the normal/psychic and bug/steel who we don't know enough about yet. Either way, I'm sure they'll be awesome, so it doesn't matter too much to me.
The Muskadeers are as the name suggests, based on the muskateers, and the water horse is that prince guy from the story. The Normal/Psychic is the female from that story as well. Its just the bug/steel that's random to be honest.

To make up for the lack of leakage, I put all of the latest Pokémon updates from the Daisuki Club website into a nice .zip file so that everyone can enjoy delicious Sugimori art.

Also, Mebukijika's sprite = <333

I love you. <3
Come, let us frolic together.

Chetz

I like legendary pokemon, but I have to agree that, especially since last generation, it seems that, per generation, there are a little bit too much, 13 on this gen. is a bit too much for me :-/

but most of the legends in this gen have unique type combinations and I love that, I'm all up for new typings

yeah its the new typings that a find interesting as well. Not only the legendaries, but the others as well. Fire/Ghost..finally!!

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
To make up for the lack of leakage, I put all of the latest Pokémon updates from the Daisuki Club website into a nice .zip file so that everyone can enjoy delicious Sugimori art.

Also, Mebukijika's sprite = <333

I could do anything on the padge and I was watching a video for some reason and i got nothing. Where is the zip file.

Sabonea_Masukippa

I can understand the dislike for legends last gen, when there were only 64 non-legendaries or cross-gen evos in Sinnoh. When 21% of completely brand new Pokemon are legends, sure it's a lot.

With Isshu, we've got ~8% legends, which is a much more round percentage.

And sure it's more than Gen 1 or 2 had but Legends sell movie tickets, bring people to events (which are huge money spinners), and give extra story and/or stuff to do post-E4. You might not like how many of them there are, but its a part of the franchise and it's not going to go away.

@Mitchman: Thanks for clearing that up :) I'm not a huge fan of the musketeers as a story (I know, my loss) so I wasn't aware of that. Seems the movie in 2012 is going to be an interesting one then. :D

Last edited:

WeWereGiants

Dual Type Enthusiast
And sure it's more than Gen 1 or 2 had but Legends sell movie tickets, bring people to events (which are huge money spinners), and give extra story and/or stuff to do post-E4. You might not like how many of them there are, but its a part of the franchise and it's not going to go away.

This is exactly how i feel about them, although the movies aren't as good these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.