• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villi

Shimama!
Omg, the archaoptrixs' (aakeosus') stats...

Hp 75
Attack 140
Defence 65
Sp. Attack 112
Sp. Defence 65
Speed 110

Jesus i imagine=

Naughty@Life Orb
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-(Any filler or supporting move)

Will rip through teams except ones with Scizor... :)

Supposedly its ability halves its attack stat (and sp. attack?) when it loses half its health. But this is hindering not crippling.

Vespiformation

I love the water/ghost type "burunkeru" (the ghost jellyfish type). I think it looks really kwl and I want that in my party of 6, I hope you can get it near the beginning/middle of the game, because it would be a shame if theres only a small number of pkmn you can use at the beginning of the game, like on 4th gen.
Does anyone think that "mamanbou" the heart fish water type will evolve/be evolved from luvdisc? I think it looks obvious, but somthing I'v noticed, it seems that very few look like they could evolve into previous pkmn or be evolved from. Anyone else think that? I guess it would work because they are only having these 150 pkmn in the game to begin with, so you wouldn't want it to evolve into a previous pkmn if the plan is to have none to begin with.
I'm also glad theres a lot more fire types, there isnt as many as I hoped but there is more, because it's always hard to get good fire types if you don't get the fire starter, so steel gyms are always hard.

"Reshiram" or "Zekrom" which will you get? I know I want Reshiram because it's the first dragon type that isnt week against ice at all, i'm so glad about that.

Also I think the fire/ghost type "shanderaa" looks really kwl, kinda like a chandelier, and has a good high special attack stat

V Faction

www.faction.com
Do we know what Eartquake Spiral does? And I thought Meguruko and his evo's were Dark/Ground?

Boosts Attack by 1-stage when it defeats an opponent.

Duzell

Gear got the worst luck out of any Pokemon in history. It appears one of the gears lost it's face which is kind of a sad thing. The worst thing about it is that it's final form, Gigigear, looks more like an item you'd find in Pokemon Black and White rather than an actual Pokemon. They could've at least changed the sprite around instead of being lazy with that one remaining gear (it looks like it's screeching in pain) :<

I don't think that it's sadder than Eggecute when it evolves. What happens to those three other heads? Are their conciousness lost forever?

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
TRADE EVOLUTIONS:
Gantoru->Gigaisu (Rocky red, as I call him)
Dotekkotsu->Roopushin (Wood tossing/tool line. Fighting type)
Kaburuchi and Chobomaki (trade with each other to evolve- mollusk knight and other knight. both bug/Steel)

Source

Mahnmut

Medic Trainer
Omg, the archaoptrixs' (aakeosus') stats...

Hp 75
Attack 140
Defence 65
Sp. Attack 112
Sp. Defence 65
Speed 110

Jesus i imagine=

Naughty@Life Orb
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-(Any filler or supporting move)

Will rip through teams except ones with Scizor... :)

Pretty sure his ability cripples him

the Dragon Mantis also is only weak to DRagon and Ice unlike Garchomp

... not a mantis but yes, you are right

lizcakes

There is zero reason to believe this.

That's why I put "rumors, rumors" at the bottom. Thank you for pulling it out of context.

Also, guys, I'm not sure if this is based in America more than urban Japan. Some pokemon remind me of the punks with the long forward hair so characterized in japan. As well as the Raijin; they're definitely Japanese folklore.

Sure we have some american based pokemon. But what about natu and xatu? Weren't those based on native America as well?

snormunch15

Why isn't meguroko dark any more? That completely ruined me when i saw how awesome his evos were but that he wasn't dark anymore.

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
does not matter as both his defenses sucks he most likely no survive a powerful attack.

It's a Dragon, and it's Defense is not bad. There are plenty of moves it could switch into to set up, preferably physical ones, but as long as it's not Ice or Dragon, and ESPECIALLY if it's something it resists, he can get in there.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Out of the 156 new Pokemon we got I only like 72. I might sound like a really bad complainer, but I love every Pokemon Gen 1-4! And now I have 80 something that I hate.

The crocodile should have only had two evolutions! What is that red thing?! I love his first evolution, but the second looks like on of those Yu-gi-oh toon world things.

And the stage one polar bear has the weird head ever! It has that huge body, giant arms, then we get a shrunken head. If it's head was better, I'd probably love it. I was really looking forward to the polar bear....

What's with all of the robots? Pokemon aren't robots! Those things looks so freaky, especially the purple legendary....

Mamepato's final evo is horrible on top of that. I was expecting something a lot bigger and stronger like Staraptor or Pigeot.

I also don't understand that horse for a legendary either....

But on to the upper side.

I'm cool with the starters now, though I had previous "Isshus" with Pokabu's final evolution. Yorkterrie and its first evolution are great. I like all of the monkey trio's basic forms. And there really are quite a few that i loved at first glance.

A big part of the Pokemon on my favorite list are ones that were prereleased before the games came out. And some of them I didn't even like at first glance, so I just hope that with time I come to love these new ones after I've had time to properly accept them as Pokemon.

Cerex

At least I can hope for R/S/E remakes. Most of this generation has no relation whatsoever to the other four and more than half of the pokémon I saw on the site's new section are plainly awful.

The only thing that will compel me to purchase the game is Isshu's beautiful landscapes and its sheer diversity reminiscent of Hoenn.
Then I guess you aren't going to buy this series then. I loved Gen III too, but it seems pretty ridiculous to believe that GF will go to such lengths (four years) to reboot the series only to make the expansion set the generation something from two generations ago. Something, which I might add was not well received by players.

At this point taking the series in this direction there is no need go back. Unless of course they make a Gen III remake in Gen IV.

Persian22

A woodpecker stupid? Come on... a pidgeon is much more stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.