• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Has the ability "weak kneed" been confirmed for what it does yet? It would be a shame to find out it negatively effects your pokemon.

I think it lowers its Att and Sp.Att when its HP is below half, not too sure if it is those to stats but im sure 2 stats.

Well, to be fair, word around GameFAQs is that Aakeosu's ability (weak-knee'd) cuts its stats in half when its HP is below half. So yeah, that kind of balances it out a bit, I'd say.

EDIT: Pokejungle's just reported the wild Pokemon in White Forest; Pidgey, Wumrple, Rhyhorn, Gastly, Starly, and Shinx.

Yeah.

Damn, tough break for Aakeosu.
Where is White Forest in the game? Is it toward the beginning or end? Do you have to go through the forest during a part of the game or is it an optional area?

Well, to be fair, word around GameFAQs is that Aakeosu's ability (weak-knee'd) cuts its stats in half when its HP is below half. So yeah, that kind of balances it out a bit, I'd say.

EDIT: Pokejungle's just reported the wild Pokemon in White Forest; Pidgey, Wumrple, Rhyhorn, Gastly, Starly, and Shinx.

Yeah.

Where is White Forest in the game? Is it toward the beginning or end? Do you have to go through the forest during a part of the game or is it an optional area?

Achernar

star-mapping pro
I thought Masuda said that there won't be any old characters?

glad to see Cynthia though, my fave champion from all gens.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
2 female champions, awsome.

What's with Cheren? Did he go the route of Brendan/May and just get all emo over losing and quit pokemon? (lol game incarnation of stuck-up Pokemon fans irl)

Gibie

I think I'm done with pokemon for now.

I loved a lot of the new pokemon but some of them just look too weird or just plain stupid (Ice cream, mushroom pokeballs, three same genies with color swaps). I think I like the typing in this generation more than any other but jeez, Gear line looks just dumb no matter how much thought was put into it (not that any other gen has been perfect). But its not just that, I just don't buy this "revolution in pokemon" idea either and frankly, I've just grown tired of doing the same thing over for the last ten years. I mean, what has really changed?

Storyline with some group trying to take over, battling eight gym leaders, and ultimately challenging the pokemon league. There are some nice new quirks with the updated graphics (long overdue) and probable plot twists but its all the same in the end. I don't know all the details about the game but I know enough to skip this one.

Some things are always supposed to stay the same in pokes and the just might the problem I'm having with it now. Its the same sandwich just with a few more toppings.

Im done for now. I know I'll pick up pokes again one day but I'll skip this generation. Until then, I'll stop geeking out here.;292;

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
o.o That would be neat too bad you get the others from an event. I wonder what Dream world is like.

Seems this time around electric and physic did not make it but....

MY CURRENT OFFICIAL TEAM :D

Daikenki (water starter)
Doreida (grass)
Doryuuzu (ground/steel)
Aakeosu (rock/flying fossil)
Shanderaa (ghost/fire)
Sazando (dark/dragon psuedo legend)

QUESTIONS:
Wiill we be able to get the Sazando before the elite four?
What pokemon are version exclusive?

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!

Its the opposite of that black city in pokemon black. Its most likely a requirement to beat the game.

Cecil Omega

Cynthia is in? O_O

*dies, uses Revive*

Ok, if Red is in this game too then it must be a sign of the poke'opolypse.

Anyone else find it odd that we know of Cynthia's and the Elite 4's teams, but we have yet to hear about some of the gym leader's teams?

rocky505

Cynthia only appears in spring and summer so someone else may battle you in fall and winter(Steven? hopes)

Status
Not open for further replies.