• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snormunch15

The ice cream and gear are the bomb! The gear obviously loses its partner and find a better make shift gear that they slowly build up over there life. And the ice cream is weird until u realize its not actually a pokemon made out of food. Its an icicle with snow on top.

actually i'm pretty sure the gear keeps its partner the other is just turned around i think the one w/out a face is just a backwards gear.

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
How can my opinion that a lot of the new Pokemon look sloppy and almost fanmade in terms of quality, be wrong? Answer: It can't, because an opinion, by definition, subjective. Do you know what an opinion is? If it's wrong, please prove me wrong using only facts.

Thats NOT an opinion. Either something IS sloppy or ISN'T sloppy. LIKING the look of them is an opinion.

Besides you didn't say "a lot of the new Pokemon look sloppy and almost fanmade in terms of quality" you said something along the lines of "This is a list of the ones that look like official pokemon." Now official pokemon all have similar qualities, things they have in common. Chillarmy 2 doesn't look like an official pokemon because its to exact same body and face but with a scarf. It could easily have been made by any halfwit. The ONLY pokemon that has done such a similar evo is Poliwhirl to Poliwrath except even then Wrath has a different body build. While chilarmy has basically the same sprite and expression.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
most of the haters just do not understand them..once they find out what they are and what they reepresent it will grow on you... so chill peeps.

I find alot of them look odd btu they will deffiantly grow on me like some of the pokemon from the past.. in the beggining I was not sure about dialga and palkia..now i cannot even imagine pokemon without them

like we really need a megazord and ice cream as a pokemon. gear had so much potential, then it evolves into.....a ring?

Cecil Omega

How can my opinion that a lot of the new Pokemon look sloppy and almost fanmade in terms of quality, be wrong? Answer: It can't, because an opinion, by definition, is subjective. Do you know what an opinion is? If it's wrong, please prove me wrong using only facts.

An opinion is neither right or wrong, but it is only an opinion of an individual.

Though I do have a fact for you, saying things such as the pokemon look "sloppy" and "fanmade" on a thread where people are mainly excited and happy with the pokemon is not a very wise thing to do, it's only going to cause conflict as you can obviously see.

Now please keep your opinion to yourself, I'll be over here enjoying the work gamefreak has done for us.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Doryzzu has more Hp than tabunne.. Im sorry but yabuu=nne has nothing going for it now.

EDIT. Sorry I just realized I spelt yabuu=nne dont know how that one came out.

Last edited:

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
How can my opinion that a lot of the new Pokemon look sloppy and almost fanmade in terms of quality, be wrong? Answer: It can't, because an opinion, by definition, is subjective. Do you know what an opinion is? If it's wrong, please prove me wrong using only facts.

I do believe its his opinion that your opinion is wrong.

I find my favorites this gen are the non-stereotypical ones (not starters, legendarys, pseudo legendarys etc.)

Cool_Trainer_Tyrone

Only Train The Best
Jaroda (Smuglord),Yanakki (2nd form grass monkey) ,Gamageroge (toad with warts),Warabiaru (croc t-rex cross fav so far),Aakeosu (feathed Bird dino thing),Denchua (electric spider),Ononokusu (Tusk dragon),Tsunbeau (polar bear),Kuimugan (red head dragon),Wargle,and Sazando (hydra).These are my favourites.

But most of the rest look really bad.

Venomrec

i dont like lots of 5 gen pokes, why? cuz theylook mutated, but honestly i'm fair minded enough to not be bothered with the looks. its a new Country, so its like real life. where you see a fish that looks diffrent then the ones your used to. but i'm in love with the camera movement!!!

Cecil Omega

that is epic.... and how we breath under water i still dont know... I wish there was a water legendary we could find down there. Maybe thats where we find Kerudio when the event is activated???

I'm just curious if that's where the fossils are located, it definatley looks like the kind of place the ancient sea turtle would be found.

AmericanDreamer

I am loving a lot of the new pokemon (of course there are some sub-par ones as well, but in general they are pretty impressive). Much better then most of the Gen 4 originals.

Daikenki is one of my favorite starters of all time, right behind Blastoise and Charizard, and Jaroda is pretty cool too.

The monkeys aren't my favorite but they look much better after they evolve, with Yanakki being the best.

Gigaisu is much better then Golem (and I already liked Golem pretty well).

Warubiaru is awesome, with his scary sunglasses markings.

The fossils are the best fossils of all time outside of Aerodactyl,

Zoroark is wicked awesome. Too bad he can't be gotten normally in the game.

Mebukija is really cool, even if he doesn't seem to be that strong. Shame.

As for Bachuru...I DIDN'T KNOW A SPIDER COULD BE THAT CUTE!!! Then he evolves into a wicked awesome Denchura, definately going to be on my team.

Oobemu is one of my favorites, although his dismall speed makes him nearly unusable. Ah well, he is still cool. When he was described as an alien, I was half expecting something that vaugely looked like a softened up Xenomorph, which I think I would have liked better, but this version is cool too.

Shanderaa is one of my favorites, definately on my team. Ghost and Fire at the same time is sweet, and the "haunted house candelabra" idea is awesome.

Ononokusu is freakin' awesome. One of my favorite pokemon of all time. I have always liked Dragons (except for Salamence, didn't like him one bit), but Ononokusu takes the cake.

Kirikizan had me on edge when I first heard about him. Power ranger? I didn't think that would translate well. But he is actually one of my absolute favorites.

Wargle is my favorite pokemon ever, save Mewtwo. I wish he could be somthing a bit less generic then Flying/Normal, even Flying/Fighting or Flying/Psychic, but I suppose perfection is a lot to ask for. Pre-evo Washbon is adorable. BTW I think that Birujiina is going to be his equivalent as a Version exclusive.

Sazando is the best Pseudo since Tyranitar, and WAY better then Garchomp or Salamence.

As for the legendaries, the genies and three musketeers are sort of meh, but D'Artagnan (the Water/Fighting pony) is sweet, and Reshiram is okay, Zekrom is awesome, Kyuremu is even better, Meloia is cute which is fine, and Genosekuto is increadile.

I'm pretty sure that my team is going to be,

#1 - Daikenki - Water
#2 - Shanderra - Ghost/Fire
#3 - Denchura - Bug/Electric
#4 - Warubiaru - Ground/Dark - or Kirikizan - Steel/Dark - Havn't decided
#5 - Ononokusu - Dragon
#6 - Wooguru - Normal/Flying

Sounds like a pretty good set up to me. If I have multiple playthroughs, I'll use the other two starters in place of Shanderaa and Denchura, and add either Abagoora or Gamageroge in place of Daikenki.

Cool_Trainer_Tyrone

Only Train The Best
i dont like lots of 5 gen pokes, why? cuz theylook mutated, but honestly i'm fair minded enough to not be bothered with the looks. its a new Country, so its like real life. where you see a fish that looks diffrent then the ones your used to. but i'm in love with the camera movement!!!

You know i agree, the world in this gen is really fresh with the seasons and what have you,but some of those pokemon look amateur jobs,BUT to be fair ill have to wait to see them in movement to judge there sprites.

cottageboy789

I don't know, but for some reason i believe that Warubiaru's sprite is the shiny sprite and that he normally has the same color pallette as Meguroko and Warubiru

Moltar

Ok, convinced. I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.