• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
2. I think I'm going to call Wargle's pre-evo Vaglet, for valor & eaglet

soory but there are some bad connotations to that word... i'd go with (personally) Valing; valor, birdling

V Faction

www.faction.com
I don't know how you can quantify "official", nor can I understand how you can belittle people who worked on these design for more than a year, more than your average fan, and that employ professional artists and designers.

And I'm the troll.

char_char

Beginning Trainer
Do your thing, "Simchoa".

Our observations seem to be about the same. A lot of these Pokemon just seem a bit "off" for some reason.

Few things I've noticed.

Doryuuzu has a pretty damn massive attack, and respectable speed. It's not a tank like I thought it would be. {I'm happy about that though.}

Hahkurimo has some pretty respectable balance for a bug/grass type.

Doreida is adorable.

Mebukija looks like it'll be on my team.

I have no clue what Rapushin is based off of. It's not bad, just weird.

Fun fact: in their final forms, this is the third Grass starter, third Fire/Fighting starter, and third Water starter we've gotten.

Anyway, Ghost/Ground Pokemon reminds me of The Iron Giant.

And I like how franchise reboot = "let's add more evos that get bigger and more heads like we did in gen one!" Like the OMG ICE CREAM I WANT IT Pokemon and the gear Pokemon.

Still no Water/Fire or Fighting/Flying, the only two missing for those types.

Candle evolves into a chandelier? Aww, no Levitate.

Legendary Fighting trio is not a trio cause of the event Water/Fighting, leaving the genies to be the only trio not on the boxart... and gray Dragon... hint hint?

Alexa500

Love the 5th gen C:
Ononokusu. omfg. from the moment I saw it I fell in love with it. Then I found out it was dragon. Then I found out it had a base atk of 147 and spd of 97. BEST DRAGON EVER AAAAAAAAHHHHHH B&W COME OUT IN THE U.S. NOW!!!!!! screw garchomp, this bud will be KILLING things like crazy <3

Also, I love most of the designs. some of them are just weird i.e. Dasutodasu. But I LOVE them compared to IV gen. these are probably better than 3rd gen, and I adored 3rd gen....:3

Furretferret

Mustelidea Might!
This gen reminds me of the third one soo much, I was like "is that a pokemon?" to a lot of them, but I also liked a lot of them. This gen also copied the first one, but that makes sence, this also seems to be the gen of bad evos, so many base pokemon are awsome, but evolve bad, oh and the fossils are cool, the turtles evo looks like lugui-tengrowth-turtle thing, and the archeopterix is arodactle with feathers, but there're both still cool, oh, and garbage monster, Im real happy for you , and im gonna let you finish, but muk was the best sludge monster of all time, OF ALL TIME!! But you're cool too :)

supershake

Psycho Trainer
I actually find most of the Pokemon in generation V kinda funny. Their designs are both creative and wacky which is a good thing. Some could've been better, but still you have to look at the positives. For one: ANIMATED SPRITES!!! I wouldn't care if every Pokemon in this generation looked exactly alike with just minimal color changes to each of them, which is kinda what they did with that cloud riding legendary, but I don't really care. All I'm hoping for is that the plot isn't too bad, anyway I'm done typing, thanks for reading.

eemo108

To me everything is great, except for the starters. The Grass starter is pretty good, water starter is decent, fire starter sucks. For the grass starter, some nasty plots, or swords dances should bring its below average Attacking stats above average. About the water starter... It's somewhat bulky, perhaps an agility would help? Good choice for mixed sweeper. The fire starter... It's and infernape, except worse. It has a great hp, but speed and both defenses are terrible. There was no need to give a great attack and sp. attack to this pokemon. They should have given focus to only one. For example instead of 100 sp. attack, 90 would have done well with 70 to def. and 70 to sp. def.
Nothing else, apart from that.

Also, they could have given the grass starter evo. 80 hp.
I'm either going for Grass or water starter.

Also, they have really introduced a lot of new pokemon for trick room teams. Most strong pokemon now have speed below base 50.

LavaPLUME

all these pokemon look more like monsters. YES i know pocket monsters, but old school is way better. theres a line that you cannot cross in how monster-ish pokemon look like, and genV went a mile away in crossing it.
and looking at the stats most pokemon are under 500 or over the top 600. almost no balance.
old school can beat these guys no problem.

im not a complete hater i love pokemon like megujika abagoora denchura electric fish, the monk kojofoo. i liked the monkeys at first. the grass evolutions cool. but then the fire looks lazy. and water one looks lyk a hippie chick. dageki is cool, way better than the red karate guy. im sure everyone will choose blue dude over red fat dude. the caterpie and weedle versions of this game are better, stronger in stats finally.

but like o said most of these pokemon look like monster, dare i say it. yu-gi-oh kinda stuff. i never really did like yu-gi-oh.

looking at the pokemon i say these pokemon are more inviting to newcomer gamers. old school pokemon fans will be sure to buy the game and immediately send over there old pokemon. new sprites and triple battles will surely be something, once tested on the gen l to gen lV pokemon

V Faction

www.faction.com
Irrelevant. Who designed the characters, or how long said designs took, have no bearing on the perceived quality. All that matters is the final product. And in my opinion (reiterated for emphasis, since some people can't infer), they are not up to the standard of previous generations.
I can't in an objective way. Which is why I never tried to pass it off as factual information.

You're doing it right now. By saying "this, this, and this" looks official and "that, that, and that" doesn't, you're trying to quantify it into some kind of number or stat. Not only that, you keep trying to hide behind your opinion argument. Your opinion on if they were professionally done and up to the standards of previous generations is wrong, because they were, if not more so, given the attention to detail and care, if not more so because of extra things like movement, size, and color arrangement.

They may not be up to your weird standards, but as far as being well done and professionally made? Yeah, they kind of are.

Varnani

Infernus Rex
well after seeing the complete pokédex i can only wonder why there is an Ice Cream Pokémon... or the other legendaries, they look so weird! (well, sprites are not that helpful) or the garbage bag..... that's just...... no uwu

razz

Status
Not open for further replies.