• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJo

Pokemon Doc
Flame baiting for sharing my opinion in a non-hostile and non-procative way? Well done, troll. Reported. :)

Wrong. Absolutely and utterly wrong. A character design can appear to be messy to one person, and amazing to another. Perception. Really, it's common sense.

Either quote me exactly or don't quote me at all. What I said was "The only ones of the bunch that I think look like official Pokemon are"

What two very important words did you leave out? "I THINK". Do you know what those words imply in context? If that didn't make it obvious enough, I even explicitly stated later in my post that I was sharing my opinions, and not what I believed to be fact.

Oh and actually I did say that a lot of the new Pokemon look sloppy and almost fanmade in terms of quality, word for word, in this post: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11625267&postcount=26652

And even if you didn't see that first post, it was easy to infer based on just the post in question.

So you believe that you are qualified to decide what looks official and what doesn't, and I'm not because I don't agree with you? Are you just angry because the ones I like and dislike aren't the same as yours? Because there is no difference between what you are attacking me for and what you just did there. At all.

I..really don't get it, what's your point? did you want every one to jump in and say "omg dude you are so right all of them suck and you should draw every single pokemon beacuse you are 100% right and you are the only that can post opinions and we should all agree with you".

I don't think it was a good idea to come and complain when everyone is so excited about this new generation!

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Just checked the list of new pokemon, they are awesome. My favorite type is the Ghost Type I'm glad to see many new Ghost, Shanderaa looks cool and it's sp atk is a monster, like the fire ghost type. And Pendoraa the centipede I've been asking for one and it looks great.

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
There was no need to give a great attack and sp. attack to this pokemon. .

You kinda have to spread the stats out for starters. If a child went through the game and picked the fire pig and they taught it all special moves even though it had crappy special attack they would have a HARD time beating the game. Thats why all starters are fairly well rounded when it comes to stats.

Furretferret

Mustelidea Might!
Ononokusu. omfg. from the moment I saw it I fell in love with it. Then I found out it was dragon. Then I found out it had a base atk of 147 and spd of 97. BEST DRAGON EVER AAAAAAAAHHHHHH B&W COME OUT IN THE U.S. NOW!!!!!! screw garchomp, this bud will be KILLING things like crazy <3..:3

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband, cause ononokusu is faintin everyone out here!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Cecil Omega

Out of all the pokemon of this generation, there's only one pokemon I can actually complain about....

GARBAGE DUDE

I'm sorry, maybe I just need to get used to him, maybe I'm in the wrong here, but that is just the worst thing I've ever seen, sorry, sorry I love pokemon, but just looking at that garbage guy makes me ask "WTF?"

Anywho, I'm still going to catch one just so I can name it Oscar o3o

You too, eh?

He seems like a fan favorite. I know he's quickly becoming mine. I sure hope he's not that hard to catch.

If I ever get around to bother nicknaming Pokemon, I'm naming mine Hogarth.

Also, Electric eel with Levitate's a trollish Pokemon: "look, no weaknesses! Now if you hack Wonder Guard onto it, it becomes weak to Ground!" Although, that mantisy Dragon Pokemon with Mold Breaker'll probably OHKO it with Earthquake.

And finally, nonlegendary Dragons not named Kingdra that aren't 4x weak to Ice... and three of them?

Oh yeah, I showed someone afrobull at my school, and it's apparently the most awesome Pokemon he's ever seen... enough to get him back into playing.

I want the sarcophagus, the Dark/Ground crocodile, the chandelier, the two black belts, the zebra, the anteater, and... too big of a Christmas list.

What are Pokemon 605 and 606 supposed to be?

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
well after seeing the complete pokédex i can only wonder why there is an Ice Cream Pokémon... or the other legendaries, they look so weird! (well, sprites are not that helpful) or the garbage bag..... that's just...... no uwu

razz

Why is there an egg pokemon? (Exeggcute) Or a baloon one? (Drifloon) There will always be that awesome weirdo pokemon.

Grass_Starter89

A little upset with Jaroda's stats but will be fine and yes the lampry is the strongest non legendary electric. As is the fire moth and the chandelier for the fire types. Hope we can catch them two before the E4.

terminoob

The Underdog
If I ever get around to bother nicknaming Pokemon, I'm naming mine Hogarth.

Also, Electric eel with Levitate's a trollish Pokemon: "look, no weaknesses! Now if you hack Wonder Guard onto it, it becomes weak to Ground!" Although, that mantisy Dragon Pokemon with Mold Breaker'll probably OHKO it with Earthquake.

And finally, nonlegendary Dragons not named Kingdra that aren't 4x weak to Ice... and three of them?

Oh yeah, I showed someone afrobull at my school, and it's apparently the most awesome Pokemon he's ever seen... enough to get him back into playing.

I want the sarcophagus, the Dark/Ground crocodile, the chandelier, the two black belts, the zebra, the anteater, and... too big of a Christmas list.

What are Pokemon 605 and 606 supposed to be?

Aliens, I presume.

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
I'm so tempted to get these games early but it'll be so annoying to stumble through them with all the japanese writing.

V Faction

www.faction.com
As far as some of the Pokemon go, I will admit there are some that I can't stand. The Garbage Pokemon and Gigigear mostly. But I can see what they were trying to accomplish and the ideas that were formed from these Pokemon. I can appreciate those ideas, even if I don't appreciate the Pokemon (or even use it).

That's how I view a lot of the older Pokemon from Gen 1 in fact: I may not like it, but I can see where the designers (Tajiri and Sugimori in that case) were coming from.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Reading some of these "complaints" I'm really starting to think that some of the first gen designs would never have stood a chance if they hadn't been released from the start. In fact, I'm sure most of them would receive scathing reviews.

And poor Vanipucchi's line, there seems to be a lot of people going "WTF An icecream? What am I supposed to do eat it or catch it??" as if that was a particularly clever thing to say. *sigh*

Anyway, I think I've decided that my favourite new Pokemon is the Lamprey for at least the next hour until I look at another one for a few seconds and change.

And "it doesn't look like a pokemon" is not a valid complaint or opinion unless you can define in no uncertain terms what collectively defines a design as being a Pokemon.

Remember, some of these sprites are quite blurry, I'm sure clean sprites or official art will change some people's minds about some of them. (Remember remember people's reaction to Chaobuu in the leak compared to the sugimori pic? Yeah. i do.)

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
well after seeing the complete pokédex i can only wonder why there is an Ice Cream Pokémon... or the other legendaries, they look so weird! (well, sprites are not that helpful) or the garbage bag..... that's just...... no uwu

razz

The Ice cream Pokemon's final evo has a STRAW stabbing his eye D:

Bloush

lost to Bianca...
Out of all the pokemon of this generation, there's only one pokemon I can actually complain about....

GARBAGE DUDE

I'm sorry, maybe I just need to get used to him, maybe I'm in the wrong here, but that is just the worst thing I've ever seen, sorry, sorry I love pokemon, but just looking at that garbage guy makes me ask "WTF?"

Anywho, I'm still going to catch one just so I can name it Oscar o3o
i feel like no matter what we all have at least one pokemon we despise so far... but all pokemon grow on us. i dont hate any 1-4 generation pokemon,. But once we get used to these guys well all wanna hug that garbage... maybe... errr... melioa still bugs me

Lv100Mewtwo

Anyone notice that Shibirudon is a pure Electric type with the ability Levitate? No weakness ftw! And the stats aren't legendary, but pretty damn respectable if you ask me (515 Stat total), it can hold up against most OUs if he has the right attacks (I'm thinking Volt Change will be good here, the new attack that's U-Turns electric replacement)

Not gonna lie, was a bit dissapointed at first with the first few ones, but I'm glad to see that some are pretty awesome, the Bug Steel event legendary Genosekuto definitely has me intrigued, I always liked Deoxys, this one kinda gives me that vibe.

Pokemon that I think are pretty freaking awesome design:
-Def going the Jaroda line as starter, but Wotter's evo line is pretty badass, sorry Bacon (Pokabu)
-Def a fan of Meguroko and its evo line, bout time we get a real croc and not a gator.
-Hihidaruma is gonna be a heavy hitter in the Metagame, with that kinda attack and respectable speed, I feel he's gonna get some recognition.
-Abagoora... Just plain kick ***... Blastoise, move over, you've been replaced...
-Shanderaa... Wow... look at that Sp. Att. ... This one will prob get some playing time...
-Ononokusu, definitely liked this one from the get go, a nice mix between Scyther and Garchomp for me (I know odd mix, but thats how I see it)
-Kurimugan, Goruggo, Kirikizan... Me likey, this is getting interesting, some nice typings (granted the 4x fighting weakness for Kirikizan)
-Sazando I feel will grow on me once I get to see the actual art, right now the sprite is not doing it for me for the Pseudo Legend.
-Terakion is def my fave of the set, interesting typing, like to see where these 3 Fighers go...

And now for the WTF report:
-Still don't know wtf Munna is, still not a fan...
-Koromori and it's evo... new Zubat, horrible stats... fugly too...
-Tabunne... Enough said...
-Zuruguu and evo... pants on the floor was meme a year ago... do not want lol
-The Ice Cream cone thing... I don't know what they were smoking, but they sure as hell were hungry...
-Magyyo... Epic Fail much? nice typing, but what the hell...
-Gear to me seems so un-inspired...
-Kibago's evo is kinda a dissapointment, not gonna lie...
-The Flying Trio? Soooo, Copy / Paste / Recolor? wtf?
-Kerudio... My little pony called, said it was still dead since 1999...

And those were my 2 cents...

??????

That guy.
Competitive Analysis.

-Janobii/Smugleaf3
A fast Meganium with worse Defensive stats, and guess how shitty Meganium already is? Crappy attacking ability with no secondary type to compensate. Hopefully it gets new toys that Meganium doesn't to compensate and becomes at least UU.

-Enbuoo/Pokabu3
High HP yet frailer than Blaziken, slower than Blaziken, and has the lowest SpA of all the Fire Starters. The tank you hopefuls envisioned has not come to pass. Instant NU.

-Daikenki/Wotter3
Pure, Boring Water Type, already too much in UU/NU. Outclassed by Swampert and Empoleon. Not even good enough o be a generic Bulky water, its attacking ability is outclassed by better Water starters and other better Pokemon.

Instead of just one WotterDerp, we get 3 crappy StarterDerpDerpDerps. Thanks a lot GF.

As for 60% of the other gen 5 Pokemon, I say Ubers ban. They're way to powerful lol

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband, cause ononokusu is faintin everyone out here!
YOU DON'T HAVE TO COME AND CONFESS WE LOOKIN' FOR YOU
WE GON' FIND YOU
WE GON' FIND YOU

Last edited:
Gigigear for uber tier. Just had to get that out there hahaha.

Is it safe to assume that Manmanbou is not the evolution of Luvdisc? Kind of a pity there's no new evolutions of old Pokemon. Oh well, maybe in Gen 6 haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.