• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copley Hill Gym

Still loving the latest generation. Have realised that I don't need to keep re-buying TMs this gen. Hooray! :)

My team's definitely finalised, to some degree - I may yet swap out one of them for a fire/something type. Not sure yet. Loving the variety in typing this generation, that Dark/Dragon is really tempting, with a really terrific set of overall base stats...

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
Just saw lightning rod also raises the special attack when hit with an electric attack. Its a literal lightning rod now.

Ah so now it serves a purpose in 1 on 1...

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Well, well, well, I didn't know christmas came in september these days!
Yesterday sure was epic :p

So here's the obligatory coment on the new generation (which no one will read by now, but whatever):

- First of all: The dark dragons. BEST POKEMANZ EVAH!1!11 I'm forever in your debt gamefreak! (Too bad the spread wasn't better though, if the speed had been just a little higher...)

- Over all, nice dex. Personally I'm surprised that I like so many of the new bug pokemon, that's usually one of my least favorite types, but now I'd like to stuff at least half my team full of them! Nice redemption. I really like that firemoth, I wonder when it'll be available? It's really late in the dex, but since it has a pre-evo it couldn't be legendary right? Very strange placement.

- Many of them looks very interesting competitively - like that ultra-fast clam, the fossil bird, Hihidurama, Ononokusu and that electric eel (or whatever) with no weaknesses.

- Personally, I wish that there were more water-types though. After doing a quick planning of my team on Pokemon Black, I realise that there are only 2 watertypes I can put on my team that I actually somewhat like (I'm picking tsutaja) - either swana or the fossil turtle. And that's before taking version exclusives into account. And while I do like swana, I would have preferred something a bit more interesting for a first playthough. So all in all - more water types would have been appreciated.

Overall though, very pleased with this gen. Preliminary team: Jaroda (tsutaja3), Zeburaika (shimama evo), Ononokusu, Urugamosu (firemoth), Kokoromori (the bat's evo- isn't he adorable^^) and Abagoora (turtle).

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I'm still thinking about my team but i'm not going to make a banner with them i dont want to spoil those who don't want to see the new pokemon

Anyway I just want to let everyone know that I am already getting used to the New Pokemon, I still wont start with pokabu though.

Still loving the latest generation. Have realised that I don't need to keep re-buying TMs this gen. Hooray! :)

My team's definitely finalised, to some degree - I may yet swap out one of them for a fire/something type. Not sure yet. Loving the variety in typing this generation, that Dark/Dragon is really tempting, with a really terrific set of overall base stats...

Yeah dark/dragon is a really interesting type combination... except it's gonna be a big dragon that's weak to bugs haha... dragons should always be strong to bugs! An immunity to psychic is also cool though!

+ it's got levitate so it's a dragon with psychic and ground immunity. I like, I like, I Like!!!

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
I'm still thinking about my team but i'm not going to make a banner with them i dont want to spoil those who don't want to see the new pokemon

Anyway I just want to let everyone know that I am already getting used to the New Pokemon, I still wont start with pokabu though.

Cuz it becomes...un-adorable?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The more I see the new pokemon and think of the game, the more I get the same feeling I had as a kid when I played Red and Blue for the first time. In fact, since we know the new region is based off Manhattan, I think it's safe to say that Isshu can be considered America's Kanto

PJ_Graphix

Theorist Trainer
i for one actually like this gen *IMO* of course. sue people can state that some are ugly and whatnot but honestly they will probably use the ugly ones anyways if they are competitive enough. plus if the gen was full of cutesy pikachu/jigglypuff remakes, people would have a problem with that too.

you just have to know there is no pleasing everyone. i just think that no matter what the pokemon look like, these games have brought alot of NEW to the table and i for one cannot wait for an english version so i can play the game.

sidenote: this gen is seriously making me consider doing type themed teams. WOW these bugs are awesome. dont be suprised if i pull of a competitive bug team!

Nifallor

Poke-Biologist
no because it becomes a fire/fighting starter again D:

I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter
You're the firestarter, twisted firestarter
I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter

I think I'll go for our grass snake... I like the other fire pokemon and waterpokemon better, so don't want to fill that slot too soon.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Well i "might" use pokabu but probably not till the 3rd game. I'm starting with smugleaf in Black and Miju in White

PJ_Graphix

Theorist Trainer
id have to say ill probably use the grass-snake line just because i want to see it hopefully use Glare instead of Stun Spore!!!

and i will just trade for the others. hey, gotta catch em all right? people forget to just have fun and collect sometimes. never know when something might come in handy, even if you dont like the appearance.

7 tyranitars

I'll go for the grass snake first, second the water starter then maaaaayby the fire starter for it being AGAIN... fire/fightning

Cecil Omega

*yawns* Good morning and *checks sites* o_O

Ok nothing as epic as the sprites last night, but still cool news.

My question though is if they've posted pokemon movesets somewhere or not? I know they posted the Base Stats yesterday but for an actual playthrough, movesets are a little more important to me >.>

geeno

woah

Gee they're losing their touch. Some of them are more of "digimon material" than pokemon.

95.jpg

I mean... look at THAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.