• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I think Dream World variants are going to make banishing something as uber more complicated....
Simple solution. Don't banish something as uber. Just enjoy the game.

Yogi Bear

King of Poke Games
I know. I was saying that the idea of "banishing" a Pokemon simply because it's considered uber is idiotic.

I did not mean banishing as in never using it... I meant banishing it from OU play which - at least in the 4th generation - was one of the most played levels of competitive pokemon, and the one I happen to play. Some of the Dream World pokemon received abilities that are believed to completely overwhelm the entire metagame. Read the context I originally provided before accusing me of being idiotic. Thank you.

Edit: I'm not the only one. Look at this page: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=464542&page=11

Last edited:

Moltar

The whole Monkey trio idea was effin' brilliant. Major props for that idea.

By far, my favorite Pokemanz.

Phate

Sage
I find UU more interesting. There isn't much variety in OU. I always see the same 10 pokemon being rotated on everyone's teams. With standard Smogon movesets. Hopefully with some Pokemon from this generation OU can become a little more exciting.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
The new pokemon designs are meh, it like they are running out of ideas they kinda look like telefang monsters.

You know what? We as a fanbase were in effect owed Pokemon like this after they chickened out of creating an entirely new bunch for Sinnoh. Evolve all old ones........

But now, with so many new ones, I'm not surprised that (my opinion only) they look a bit silly and VERY trashy. Its going to be so hard to not look at a Gen5 team that I create and not think DIGIMON

redroses

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but does anybody know yet how Hihidarumas other form happens? I myself could see it being a winter season change or something like that. Also it's ability Daruma Mode sounds funny.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
I did not mean banishing as in never using it... I meant banishing it from OU play which - at least in the 4th generation - was one of the most played levels of competitive pokemon, and the one I happen to play. Some of the Dream World pokemon received abilities that are believed to completely overwhelm the entire metagame. Read the context I originally provided before accusing me of being idiotic. Thank you.

Edit: I'm not the only one. Look at this page: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=464542&page=11

The whole things is going to be thrown on its head. Ninetales with Drought is going to be interesting, for one.

I wonder if they can Uberize Pokemon/Ability combinations. Like Ninetales, leave him how he is, but ban Drought Ninetales to Ubers (just an example, not saying that will happen).

Cecil Omega

so many new abilities ._.

which are the current interesting ones?

Ninetails with Drought (OMG YES! 030)
Mamoswine with Thick Fat (very cool upgrade imo)
Blaziken and Sharpedo with Speed Boost (Very interesting if you ask me)
Seaking with Lightning Rod (I laughed at this one)
Lapras with Hydration (Super Bulky Water?)
Breloom with Technician
Wailord with Pressure (think HSOWA when you say Wailord is exerting pressure)
Crawdaunt with Adaptability (Strong attacks O_O)

Haunter ゴースト

Wow, i do like the look of some of these new pokemon, but some just don't seem to have that pokemon look, im not trying to hate on them already but does anyone think they look a bit like digimon?
I really don't like the evolution of the Gear and I think the red and blue fighting rock people? (xD) look really weird too.

Mahnmut

Medic Trainer
Ninetails with Drought (OMG YES! 030)
Mamoswine with Thick Fat (very cool upgrade imo)
Blaziken and Sharpedo with Speed Boost (Very interesting if you ask me)
Seaking with Lightning Rod (I laughed at this one)
Lapras with Hydration (Super Bulky Water?)
Breloom with Technician
Wailord with Pressure (think HSOWA when you say Wailord is exerting pressure)
Crawdaunt with Adaptability (Strong attacks O_O)

oh wow ._.
thanks btw ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.