• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
how come these things get dumber and dumber every time? theyre definitely running out of ideas, there are some cool ones (final grass starter evo, final alligator evo, 3 headed dragon). but c'mon, ice cream, and gears, a mushroom with pokeballs on it, those genie things, a sarcophagus, a chandelier. really gamefreak?

just do animals like you did at first, that was great. there are plenty more you can still do. not to mention absol and lapras need an evo :) there also shouldve been a new eevee or two.

But there have never been just 'animals'. We've had Magnets, (Poke)Balls, a computer programme, lumps of polluted slime, bags of gass and thats just in the first generation

Letters of the Alphabet, dolls, a wind chime, bells, golems, balloons, compasses....

Plus plenty that I've forgotten!

D*N

Musical Star
3 weaknesses with two to the most popular types in the game or one double weaknesses. Just like pure flying, we don't need pure steel types. The pokemon may have a rather unjustified typing but it is a great typing at that.

And for everyone hating on the cloud trio: Only the body shape, body pattern and cloud are the same.

Don't forget their also fugly as hell.

Leafeon and Glaceon aren't minor alterations to the same sprite. They didn't even change the spot locations for the retarded genies.

Side note, any info on new pokemon with alternate forms?
Hydroids. How much do you want to bet in the 3rd game the Rajins will have more original sprites?
*raises hand* So what. They look the same. Whoop-dee-freaking-doo.
The 3rd game always has new sprites, so I bet you they will each be posed differently.

The Rajins remind me of those frog things in the Wind Waker... xD

So uh, who thinks the Ice/Dragon will be the 3rd game cover-mon? I do. And his body has a LOT of gray, which leads me to believe "Pokemon Gray."

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
So uh, who thinks the Ice/Dragon will be the 3rd game cover-mon? I do. And his body has a LOT of gray, which leads me to believe "Pokemon Gray."

Agreed. There's also the fact that it's tail looks like the other two mascots', suggesting it will form a trio with them. And the fact that "Pokemon Gray" has been copywrited...

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
I cannot believe how people complain every single time a new generation is revealed. WHAT is everybody freaking expecting from new pokemon? Every generation has had a wonderful mix of creative concepts and this one is no different.

Yes true, and I love 95% of the pokemon. But there are always little thing GF could have done to make the Gen better, and that is why everyone complains. The fact that the genies are 3 different pokemon and not 3 different forms and they are in the same pose is one example. So many things can always be done to make the game better. And of course everyone has different opinions on the pokemons designs. Many might think that the legends are becoming too mechanical and detailed making them look like crap. Others may think that the pokemon look too much like Digimon.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
So Nageki and Dageki are counterparts, and not connected by evolution, similar to the Hitmon's in Gen 1? THey looked like they could evolve, but they have totally different base stats, so I guess they're a duo rather than a pair.

I like them still, though.

Iota

Mush

I suppose it depends on how they play into the story (if they do).

Unrelated, but found this on 4chan and shat bricks:

http://i53.*******.com/qwwtmu.png

OMG! Charizard looks awesome!!!! :D

7 tyranitars

The Rajins remind me of those frog things in the Wind Waker... xD

lol same that was the first thing that came up in my mind.. :p

Joe.

Charizard lvl 13? Am I missing something?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

That's really awesome. Charizard looks great in this image sprite. I don't know if its fake because Level 13 doesnt make sense.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

Charizard looks epic. Too bad this is fake:

-Charizard is only Lv.13
-The name is "CHARIZARD" which is 9 characters, and the Japanese games have a 5-character limit.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
Well you have a point there. I was getting a bit annoyed because everyone was hatin' on all the new designs, because apparently, umbreon is more unique than any pokemon post 2nd gen. Let's just hope GF gives the raijins unique sprites in the 3rd game.

I just checked and they do have similar poses but not exactly the same. Their poses change quite a bit in platinum though. The same thing could happen for the raijins.

Oh, no yeah. I agree. I've been defending the new designs as well. Lots of nostalgiatards going around pretending these are less original concepts than previous gens, when in fact, even some of the copied concepts are just done -better- than their older counterparts.

There are some design choices I have problems with, sure, but that's to be expected.

I actually love the Raijin/cloud trio. My least favorite is the red one, though. My only problem is the sprites being the same. Same with Gear.

I hate Tabunne though.

Other than gender differences, which we haven't really seen anything mentioned (except for the final form of the pidgeon and the ghost jellyfish), the only new Pokemon with forms are:
- The ugly fish (Basuro?)
- The event Melody girl
- Hihidaruma (sp?)

As far as I know. And obviously the deer during the seasons, but the stats/type don't change as far as I know.

And for everyone hating on the cloud trio: Only the body shape, body pattern and cloud are the same.

And this is a problem because that is over 80% of each of those Pokemon. A very minor difference in their mustache, different hairstyles and a different circle doesn't change the fact that 80-90% of the sprites for those 3 are just recolors. That being said, I still actually love them.

~ Also, to everyone still talking about why that Charizard is Lv.13, it's because whoever was playing hacked it. Came from 4chan. So of course.

Chimchar15

I like Kerudio, but why was it cursed to mainly learn physical moves with a base 72 attack while it learns two special moves with a base 129 sp attack.
You have to use Swords Dance a time or two (or more) to get its attack high enough to use.

Kerudio:
Lv1 Aqua Jet
Lv1 Leer
Lv7 Double Kick
Lv13 BubbleBeam
Lv19 Take Down
Lv25 Helping Hand
Lv31 Get Even: Physical Normal PP: 5 Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [More powerful if ally fainted on previous turn]
Lv37 Aqua Tail
Lv43 (533) Physical Fighting PP: 20 Power: 90 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [Target's stat changes don't affect this attack]
Lv49 Swords Dance
Lv55 (501) Other Fighting PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [User and allies protected from priority attacks]
Lv61 Cheer Up: Other Normal PP: 30 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: [Raises Attack and Special Attack]
Lv67 Hydro Pump
Lv73 Close Combat

Which Pokemon is this one?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Leafeon and Glaceon aren't minor alterations to the same sprite. They didn't even change the spot locations for the retarded genies.

-Basurao has a red and blue forme that depends on which version you have
-Meloetta has a Normal/Psychic forme and a Normal/Fighting forme
-Hihidaruma has a blue Fire/Psychic forme
-Shikijika and Mebukjika change forme with the season
-Rotom's formes now change type
-It seems, but is not confirmed, that Genosect has 5 formes.
-Kenhorou (Mamepato's final evo) might have another forme, but we think now it's just a gender difference.

Which Pokemon is this one?

It's the Water/Fighting horse near the end of the dex. And btw, we have confirmation that it is spelled Keldeo.

Last edited:

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
Charizard looks epic. Too bad this is fake:

-Charizard is only Lv.13
-The name is "CHARIZARD" which is 9 characters, and the Japanese games have a 5-character limit.

Yes, but you can trade with English games, and those names are longer and show up, in English, with that many letters.

So hacking makes that very possible.

I doubt it is fake. Just hacked extensively.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
The water/fighting pony event Pokémon.

Aurath8

So Nageki and Dageki are counterparts, and not connected by evolution, similar to the Hitmon's in Gen 1? THey looked like they could evolve, but they have totally different base stats, so I guess they're a duo rather than a pair.

I like them still, though.

Iota

Certainly looks like that to me. They're probably the hitmon counterparts this gen, just like Doryzuu to Steelix, sort of.
I hope we have a lot of pokemon able to learn Surf, the water types this gen are terrible.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
How does Mijimaru learn Shellblade?

Yogi Bear

King of Poke Games

If you look near the bottom left of the top screen (to the right of the clock) it says "IR". Does Infrared come back for BW?

I hope that's the sprite for Charizard. It looks kick-*****.

Status
Not open for further replies.