• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I thinks its just interesting to think that the Pokemon franchise could possibly go that way. Its a very very slim chance, and I highly doubt that it would get that serious, but this generation has been full of surprises and it seems to have a much deeper story than all prior generations. But I have heard the Genosect theme with the chanting of what sounds like "Penance". Even if its not Genosect's theme, its still creepy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgFoomoI40

Yeah there's no proof this is Genosect's theme. If only because there's a separate theme for Event Legends anyway...

Frankly it seems like something that would play during the final N battle, or during the battle with Geechisu. It would certainly fit the area you fight them in, at the very least.

Also the fact that it's called GCIS...
geechisu=gchis=gcis perhaps?

I thinks its just interesting to think that the Pokemon franchise could possibly go that way. Its a very very slim chance, and I highly doubt that it would get that serious, but this generation has been full of surprises and it seems to have a much deeper story than all prior generations. But I have heard the Genosect theme with the chanting of what sounds like "Penance". Even if its not Genosect's theme, its still creepy...

Alright. I had to put that on my iPod. TOO epic.

the ice cream is awesome, though I don't use Ice types
Onokonosu and the Hydra join Garchomp as the only Dragons I like

R_N

I'm glad you asked :p

We have the:
Aqua Cassette アクアカセット
Lighting Cassette イナズマカセット
Blaze Cassette ブレイズカセット
Freeze Cassette フリーズカセット

光弾を 相手に 放出する。\ufffe自分の 持つ\ufffeカセットにより タイプが 変わる。

It releases a photon lazer/flare bomb (can't find a great translation but think light and bullet/bomb) at the opponent. Its type changes according to the cassette being held.

Can't find details of the attack, but will keep searching :D

There's also an attack called Ancient/Antique Song that I think might be Meloetta's. Has a chance of putting opponents to sleep.

Checking against his learnset, he gets three new moves:
[M546], [M488], and [M493]

[M546]: Special Normal PP: 5 Power: 85 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: If user is holding a Plate, this attack's type depends on the Plate held.

[M488]: Physical Fire PP: 20 Power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [E127]

[M493]: Other Normal PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: [E12A]

Due to being the only one to know the move and being normal type (the general neutral type for these kind of things), and that Arceus does not get the move, 546 is most likely the attack itself, and plate is just assumed by the person who translated it.

Pretty lame move if you ask me, since it can learn Flamethrower, Thunder Bolt & Ice Beam, while Tri Attack has more only 5 less Base Power but 5 more PP

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jaroda_(Pokémon)

If you scroll down to Jaroda’s stats, it lists his Base stats differently than Serebii or Pokebeach. He has a nice 113 in Sp.Attack. It’s most likely a simple typo, BUT NONETHELESS this throws out at least a mere glimmer of hope in the universe that my lil’ smug grass snake won’t be incredibly terrible after all.

It's a mistake, let the hope die. You see, the game's coding lists Speed in the middle, rather then last. But every fansite ever lists it last.

Last edited:

O Fortuna

Velut luna.

I can see how it sounds like penance, but they're saying "Geechisu", which matches the fact the track appears to be called versus GCIS.

Hmm, slightly off topic but speaking of music has me very excited. If the probable eventuality of Ruby/Sapphire remakes comes to pass, I imagine we will have some sort of Wi-Fi event allowing us to catch Deoxys, possibly granting access to Birth Island. I certainly hope so because then they can re-vamp what is possibly the best music this franchise has ever produced - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12R_PmXHEM.

G_Major said:

If you scroll down to Jaroda’s stats, it lists his Base stats differently than Serebii or Pokebeach. He has a nice 113 in Sp.Attack. It’s most likely a simple typo, BUT NONETHELESS this throws out at least a mere glimmer of hope in the universe that my lil’ smug grass snake won’t be incredibly terrible after all.

Yes, but if you look at the pages for Tsutarja and Janoby, it shows that their highest stat is speed, followed by both defences being equal. It is incredibly unlikely that the stats would suddenly jump around for the Jaroda. You need to accept that the Pokemon is not going to sweep.

Last edited:

definitely a typo since the official stats were not that
I'll still be using him in the third game

G_Major

It's a mistake, let the hope die. You see, the game's coding lists Speed in the middle, rather then last. But every fansite ever lists it last.

Hmmm it's quite odd that they do that. I guess you're right. It doesn't really make sense that the articles on Bulbapedia for Tsutaja and his stage 1 have high speed and defense and low attack and special attack and then suddenly, when he gets to stage 2, there's a sudden spike in Sp. Attack.

BCVM22

but does anyone know if there would be a way to switch my preorder at Gamestop from Black to White?

By calling/visiting them and asking? No one here can do anything for you.

Why preorder an item when they can't actually vend a preorder spot to you for it yet, anyway? You're basically handing them your money and hoping they remember to write your name down on a list somewhere.

Am I the only one who sees this when they look at Kaburumo?
http://i52.*******.com/jhy4pu.gif

Also, a bit off topic, but does anyone know if there would be a way to switch my preorder at Gamestop from Black to White?

glad to know I'm not the only one
wait, preorders are open?

BCVM22

wait, preorders are open?

They can't actually vend the preorder to you yet. Game preorders are in their inventory system as separate items, which they sell you like any other item, but this far in advance - at least six months - and without even a confirmed release date, chances are they don't actually have that "item" in their system to vend to you. But any store is more than happy to take your money if you're willing to give it to them.

There's no point in preordering for quite some time yet, or at least until we have an official release date.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Ok, have done Vicitni - Gigaiath and Kuitaran - Genosect. Thought I'd share these three with ya'll for now, just for the lulz.

#634 Kuitaran: With its tongue of fire that burns at high temperatures it melts Aiant’s steel body and helps itself to the innards.

#636 Monzu: Because it cannot see it often hurts itself as it bites around trying to find its way. It cannot stop getting fresh wounds all-over its body.

#637 Jiheddo: The two heads do not get along well. They eat like it’s a competition and thus always eat too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.