• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

I preordered Black. Got the receipt to prove it and all.

Well, yes, I'm sure the store was more than happy to take whatever money you were willing to give them, and provide you with a receipt confirming that they were more than happy to take your money. It doesn't change the fact that they may not actually have a Pokémon Black/White preorder to officially vend to you.

hatsune

i apologize for asking questions in this thread but there doesn't seem to be a questions thread yet

does anyone know how to find emonga? the map says it's in quite a lot of places but i've been those places training for hours and zilch. do i have to use headbutt or something?

Boarbeque

Do you guys know where I can find Shikijika?

pickledArbok

i apologize for asking questions in this thread but there doesn't seem to be a questions thread yet

does anyone know how to find emonga? the map says it's in quite a lot of places but i've been those places training for hours and zilch. do i have to use headbutt or something?

maybe its similar to tabunne and can be found just about everywhere but only apears in rare shaking patches, like the pokeradar.

Well, yes, I'm sure the store was more than happy to take whatever money you were willing to give them, and provide you with a receipt confirming that they were more than happy to take your money. It doesn't change the fact that they may not actually have a Pokémon Black/White preorder to officially vend to you.

-,- Well ****. Whatever, it was only a $5 down payment anyways.

moa

Cascade Trainer
Ok, have done Vicitni - Gigaiath and Kuitaran - Genosect. Thought I'd share these three with ya'll for now, just for the lulz.

#634 Kuitaran: With its tongue of fire that burns at high temperatures it melts Aiant’s steel body and helps itself to the innards.

#636 Monzu: Because it cannot see it often hurts itself as it bites around trying to find its way. It cannot stop getting fresh wounds all-over its body.

#637 Jiheddo: The two heads do not get along well. They eat like it’s a competition and thus always eat too much.

you should put them all together , and put a link on your sign

BCVM22

-,- Well ****. Whatever, it was only a $5 down payment anyways.

I'm not saying they stole your money or anything, or that you won't possess a legitimate preorder for the game of your choice as a result of the money you gave them as soon as they can actually give you one, whether that's already the case or whether it will be the case eventually. GameStop is, ostensibly, a legitimate business and didn't get to be that way by stealing money from people (the highway robbery they perpetrate for used games notwithstanding, but that's neither here nor there).

The lesson was simply that it's unnecessary and, to a degree, somewhat unwise to preorder this far in advance, or at the very least, before we have a confirmed release date.

hatsune

@Boarbeque: you can first catch shikijika in route 6

@pickledArbok: ahh maybe ;__; i've found like 6 shaking patches but they've all been tabunne.. orz

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

you should put them all together , and put a link on your sign

Hopefully, what'll happen is I'll do them all and either be able to post them in the discovery thread myself or serebii will do it for me. But I will definitely do a sig-link for them since they won't be on the main page. :)

Still got 101 to go...

Copley Hill Gym

Why have all the pics been taken down from the main page and its associated smaller pages? Apologies if this has come up before, just got up and am off to work soon.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Why have all the pics been taken down from the main page and its associated smaller pages? Apologies if this has come up before, just got up and am off to work soon.

Well, basically all the large fan sites received a letter from Nintendo saying that they're infringing copyright by having those images on their sites. You can read the full letter here:

VIA EMAIL
URGENT & TIME SENSITIVE: IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED
September 18, 2010
Registrant
PokeBeach.com
RE: Infringement of Nintendo of America Inc.’s Intellectual Property Rights

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are legal counsel to Nintendo of America Inc. (referred to here, with its parent and affiliated
companies, as “Nintendo”). As you are no doubt well aware, Nintendo is one of the world’s
leading developers and distributors of video game products. The Pokémon franchise is one of
Nintendo’s most popular game series, and the upcoming release of the Pokémon Black and
Pokémon White video games has garnered significant media attention. The intellectual property
associated with the games, including the copyright in the underlying software code, visual
depictions of the games, and characters found within the games, is the subject of copyright
protection in the United States and abroad.

We recently learned that you have posted screenshots and other protected content from the
Pokémon Black and Pokémon White games to your website at http://pokebeach.com. While
Nintendo appreciates your interest in and support of the Pokémon game series, your publication
of this content infringes Nintendo’s copyrights in violation of federal law. Your activity also and
has the potential to cause substantial damage to Nintendo, and leaves Nintendo with no choice
but to take steps to protect its intellectual property rights.

We have accordingly submitted a copyright infringement notice to your domain registrar under
the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and anticipate that your website will be taken down shortly.
We encourage you to immediately remove from your website all graphics, screenshots, and
other protected content taken from the Pokémon Black and Pokémon White games. Going
forward, you must also refrain from posting any screenshots, videos, or other content that
infringes Nintendo’s rights in the Pokémon series or any other game.

Your full and immediate compliance with the foregoing should render further action on
Nintendo’s part unnecessary. It is essential that we receive your written response confirming
that you have taken these necessary actions by Sunday, September 19, 12:00 p.m. PDT,
however, or Nintendo will have no choice but to consider its alternative legal remedies.

PokeBeach.com
September 18, 2010
Page Two

Please contact me if you would like to discuss this matter in further detail. Nothing stated herein
shall constitute a waiver of any rights or remedies of Nintendo of America Inc., its parent or
affiliated companies, all of which are expressly reserved.

Very truly yours,
X

As a side note, a little earlier a friend of mine told me that 4chan's Pokemon board are talking about how they created the letter and are trolling fan sites, Serebii being one of them.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
It's a shame not many Pokemon got new sprites, but in those that did, I really like them - they all seem very... round, and soft. Of course, the sprites move during battle, so I'm looking forward to seeing these animations more.

And on another point, I agree that the letter seems fake. Pokebeach and Serebii have been had, but it's understandable that they've complied on the off-chance that this could be genuine.

Ethan

Banned
What I'm not really understanding is how intellectual property rights can be violated if the games are already out and in the hands of thousands of thousands of people. Maybe I just don't understand the law as it applies to marketing very well. If it IS Nintedo I honestly don't know whether they would have any serious legal clout to do anything to Serebii or his site if Joe had actually say, refused to take them down. Out of curiosity I would really like to see the legal basis for their claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.